Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

Fcq76Gl.png

AUDITION

ENTRIES

all the entries are in! thanks for submitting your audition..

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs in the audition for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (1pm ET on saturday 16th) to judge your entries!!

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Spoiler

Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody?

Bastille - Laura Palmer

Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

Carly Rae Jepsen - Tonight I'm Getting Over You (Remix)

Charli XCX - Gone

Chloe x Halle - Warrior

Cocomelon - Apples and Bananas 2

Demi Lovato - Sober

Doja Cat - Tia Tamera

Ellie Goulding - I'll Hold My Breath

f(x) - Rum Pum Pum Pum

Ginger Root - Loretta

Halsey - Ghost

Kesha - TiK ToK

King Grizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Shanghai

Kylie Minogue - The One

Lana Del Rey - Video Games

LOONA - Hi High

Miley Cyrus- Adore You

Mylène Farmer - L'Âme-Stram-Gram

Red Velvet - Milky Way

serpentwithfeet - Same Size Shoe

Shakira - Costume Makes the Clown

Shania Twain - I'm Gonna Getcha Good!

SHINee - Good Evening

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

Sufjan Stevens - The Only Thing

SZA - Normal Girl

Taylor Swift - State of Grace

Tinashe - Aquarius

Tove Lo - Anywhere U Go

Troye Sivan - Heaven

TWICE - Fancy

Whitney Houston - Greatest Love of All

Zara Larsson - Love Me Land

good luck :heart2:

only judges will see your write-ups :heart2: unless you want to post it here yourself

Honestly don't even remember my write up

Just now, Lil Uzi Lust said:

Honestly don't even remember my write up

its very powerful

2 minutes ago, thecptz said:

its very powerful

powerful enough to get me #7 jibby? 

that will depend on the judges jibby :((

1 minute ago, thecptz said:

i see, where does one put in their application for judgehood? 

1 hour ago, thecptz said:

only judges will see your write-ups :heart2: unless you want to post it here yourself

Sorry I’ve been at work, but thank you for still accepting my entry.

2 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

Sorry I’ve been at work, but thank you for still accepting my entry.

:heart2: no worries!

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

Thanks to everyone for sending :heart2: I've tried to be as fair as possible, and tried the best to really see who would do well later on in the competition based on the audition. Good luck to everyone involved and thanks for the great auditions;

ℭ????????

Spoiler

Aaliyah - Interesting approach to pick an artist you don't really know all that well, I like it tho! You've picked a song that's truly unique as a first choice pick but makes perfect sense as being meaningful. Not my favorite song this round but it's nice and surprising. Pretty solid overall!

Bastille - funnily enough, the song choice is the same as for Aaliyah, as choosing a song that got you into their discography. Don't think that's a wrong approach at all, sadly for you, I think the write up for Aaliyah, whilst similar in concept, is much better executed. This is a fine bastille song to me, but I don't see the big difference between pompeii, but I will applaud you for not going the obvious route and saving pompeii if you get the chance to use it again!

Billie Eilish - Have to tank this for stealing ROTY from DSN sorree! Real talk, this is definitely one of the best write-ups of the auditions, you've made it meaningful to you, it's well written, unique and memorable. Great song also, and I think it's also a great representation for Billie without giving away some of her more unique out-there cuts! great job

Carly Rae Jepsen - kinda same approach write-up as Aaliyah but once again also not as well executed. This song doesn't do much for me and the nicki verse is.. inch resting. Maybe it's my negative bias towards Carly speaking and the other judges will love it but I sadly don't think this quite stacks up

Charli XCX - despite having one of the shortest write-ups of the round, you perfectly describe why this song is important to you. It's also a killer song. You show that you don't have to write essays to perfectly get your point across which is impressive! great job

Chloe x Halle - love that you chose a song that you feel truly puts all their talent on display. The song is so interesting vocally and I like that you didn't choose an ungodly hour cut, but still chose one that stands up to some of the highs on that great album. I think this is a pretty good pick, and I like how you really approached this as a fan of them

Cocomelon - groundbreaking and showstopping

Demi Lovato - Love how you finished off your write-off with a great message. Think this is a great pick for Demi Lovato, and judging from your write up, also for you :heart2:  Think you did really well!

Tia Tamera - So true bestie. I think you could've done more write-up wise but it's a great sing!

Ellie Goulding - I love how personal of a pick this is to you, and I like that you showcased your favorite moment of the song as well. You can tell it's an important song to you. I think you understood the assignment fully which I hope you get to show later in this competition as well! good luck :heart2: 

F(x) - as far as 'this song got me into something/someone' write-ups go, this is the only one that comes close to Aaliyah's. Very well-written and I can see back everything you wrote in this fun song!

Ginger Root - LOVE this song omg! One of my favs of the round. I'm not quite sure if your write up is that solid, whilst I got the message, it's a bit clumsy in the explanation. Maybe you'll get there on your song and the underlying message but I def think in future rounds you need to work on your write-ups, in what you need to and not need to mention.

Ghost - Many people went with the same approach in terms of write-ups for picking the first song they heard of the artist. I do think this is a great song but I don't think the write-up sells it as well, and with many people picking this approach, it might work against you

Tik Tok - I think your write-up is fun but I don't know if it really meets the brief. great sing tho, obviously

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Think you win this round write-up wise. From using lyrics from the song to start with, to relating it perfectly to yourself and writing it so well and finishing it off strong. Think it's also a great song. I think it'll be interesting to see how you fit these more unique artists into upcoming rounds

Kylie Minogue - A very short write-up, I like the approach but sadly for you this approach has been better executed. It's a great song though!

Lana Del Rey- Bit of an obvious choice but I don't blame to you. I think you could've pulled out more for the auditions, especially with Lana being such a strong songwriter, I don't think this approach really sells her as well as you're capable of doing with Lana! Obviously a classic song though, so there's that

LOONA - #pray4loona. A bit of a simplistic write-up but it's a great song. Not quite sure where you'll end up

Miley Cyrus - not the random cody simpson lashing sjsjs you're so evil but right for this

cute song pick!

Mylene Farmer - Love how this write-up just isn't that you chose it because it's the first song that got you into her, but also why it's such a great song, and how it relates to you personally. you tick a lot of important boxes, including sending a great and unique song!

Red Velvet - Great write up and great song choice. Really smart to explain this song as relating it to both their journey and yours and describing the parallels.

Serpentwithfeet - Love that you picked a song that's the most him of anything in his discography. This write-up is simple but it works well. Not sure where you'll end up but I think you did a nice job!

Shakira - bit of a mess with a song, but your write-up def sells it as a choice. As an artist with so many classics, I like that you truly met the brief and chose a song that's truly important to you!

Shania Twain - Cute write-up and song. I do feel like both of them are middle of the road, they're far from the best or the best so I'm not sure where you're gonna land up in the rankings!

SHINee - one of the strongest entries write-up wise and I think this is such a great choice song-wise as well. You chose a song that's undisputably meaningful to you, and probably for their fans as well, without choosing a more obvious pick. Great job!

St. Vincent - going to be very biased to this because it's one of my favorite songs of all time. Your write up also stacks up but I was pretty much already sold on the song alone lol

Sufjan Stevens - great write-up and song choice! Don't have much else to say besides that but I'll be surprised if you miss out on the competition

SZA - sadly I have to be fair and mention that this is the only write-up that exceeds the words limit. There are many people who struggled with editing it down to 100 words or less so that sadly doesn't work in your favor. It's especially a shame because you do have a strong write-up and song choice! You might still make it but it's important to stick to the rules as well

Taylor Swift - Love how you started off your write up. Think you chose well and have a great write-up as well. With an artist like taylor, I'm sure you'll be big competition

Tinashe - Great write up and amazing song pick. Love how you didn't go for an obvious pick, but rather go for a more overlooked but incredibly interesting pick!

Tove Lo - Love how you first described things about yourself, and then perfectly explaining how it fits the challenge for you. It's not the fanciest write-up here but yet it still does everything it needs to do. Good job

Troye Sivan - I can see how this song can be meaningful to you and you describe it well. you did everything you need to do to make it tbh

TWICE - pop perfection yeah.. I wish your write up was stronger, you have 1 of the 2 elements nailed down and the message is nice but could've been explained better

Whitney Houston - I cannot with you

Zara Larsson - Love that you picked a song that perhaps lyrically doesn't connect with you like her more emotional songs, yet still feels rightly important to you. You took a diff approach and I appreciate that, and you pulled it off well!

Agree my write up was weak. I was redundant and tried to have the 100 words. I should have keep it more simple and tried to focus more in the song explanation.

I thought in correcting it but got distracted / procrastinated in other things

(neglect my write-ups over the years finally catching up, it also happened me the same with other thing I was doing a couple of weeks ago, My 16 years/17 years old self had better writing and expression than me at 22 Now from what I looked in my notebooks) 

Edited by Jay-Zicario

4 minutes ago, Rence said:

What :rip:

I only know that means more changes for the rest of us. :gaycat1:

53 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Whitney Houston - I cannot with you

See this is exactly what my write up is about, thank you for showing everyone what I go through and thank you Whitney for making be strong enough to go through it :heart2:

thank you judge rihanna @Navyofbadgals :heart2: such a great reading and what a kind judge!!!

6 minutes ago, thecptz said:

thank you judge rihanna @Navyofbadgals :heart2: such a great reading and what a kind judge!!!

I try ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.