Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

Fcq76Gl.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

welcome back to the sing-off show!!!

our break was long yes bc we've gotten lots of commercial! :foxaylove3:

with the vote of......

4-1

congratulations....

Spoiler

Red Velvet!

@mokitsu

you're safe to slay another day! i know you have more to show so don't let the judges down

you got this red velvet!!!

Spoiler

which means that i'm sorry Aaliyah... but your time in Diversity 4 has run out :noparty:

NOOOOOOOO element :(( i was so sad to see you go. you rlly put everything into this game like from your essays

and from the fact that you didn't know aaliyah's discog that well prior to the season! you still made it to the top 7

and snatched a win before you left with the amazing at your best, you are love

i know you have more amazing songs to use and i'm sad that you never get to showcase it in this season :cries:

thank you for applying and for doing the banner for this!! i appreciated you and i love you a lot :heart2: maybe we'll see each other in season 5 :keir:

now....sashay away!

WITH THAT BEING SAID, WE HAVE THE TOP 6 OF DIVERSITY 4.

THE END IS NEAR SO YOU BETTER BRING IT EVERY THEME.

NEW THEME WILL BE POSTED LIKELY AROUND 10AM-11AM ET :heart2:

the r&b acts falling off one by one I fear. 

• ATRL Moderator

what a journey! i am really pleased with getting baby girl this far! i had figured that top ten was a stretch goal with someone who was basically an unknown artist for me, so making it to 7th place is something i'm very content with. getting the win last round was also an unexpected surprise and i'm happy that i got one last hurrah. i do wish i hadn't held back on sending "rock the boat" and "more than a woman" -- i was saving those for final 6-4 if i got there. so close!

thank you dessy, kavish, op, and staryu for your consistent support pretty much all season!! i would be shady towards bagels, but it's his birthday, so i will just say thank you for your support in the two rounds where you did like my entry!

thank you baby z for your amazing hosting! such great themes all season tbh. it was also v fun doing the logo too, so you better ask me next time again :P

if anyone is considering playing a future season of diversity, and simultaneously has an artist that they know little about and are interested in doing a deeper dive into... i highly encourage you to take a chance and play with that artist! it's an exciting opportunity to explore their discography, performances, and story. and it really is a unique challenge since you have to really dive deep to find the songs that best fit each round.

i came into this not having much knowledge about aaliyah's history or discography, but a desire to learn more about an artist who so many raved about. throughout this experience, i discovered that 20 years ago, the world lost an exceptional talent far too soon. her music was innovative, exciting, and honestly it does not feel like it was from decades  ago. she gave us an impeccable and timeless discography, and i kept finding new gems each round. aaliyah has instantly become one of my top artists. i'm so thankful that i now know her art and legacy. she inspired so many people and it was honestly so heart-warming to see the genuine love that people have for her online. an icon of an almost-mythical time period where the world was truly a better, happier place. i wish i had been old enough to experience it in real time.

it makes me so distraught to imagine what kind of beautiful pathways aaliyah's career would have taken her on since 2001... she seemed poised to become one of the biggest stars... a triple threat. combined with her style, class, and humility, she was truly one in a million.

12 minutes ago, Element said:

what a journey! i am really pleased with getting baby girl this far! i had figured that top ten was a stretch goal with someone who was basically an unknown artist for me, so making it to 7th place is something i'm very content with. getting the win last round was also an unexpected surprise and i'm happy that i got one last hurrah. i do wish i hadn't held back on sending "rock the boat" and "more than a woman" -- i was saving those for final 6-4 if i got there. so close!

thank you dessy, kavish, op, and staryu for your consistent support pretty much all season!! i would be shady towards bagels, but it's his birthday, so i will just say thank you for your support in the two rounds where you did like my entry!

thank you baby z for your amazing hosting! such great themes all season tbh. it was also v fun doing the logo too, so you better ask me next time again :P

if anyone is considering playing a future season of diversity, and simultaneously has an artist that they know little about and are interested in doing a deeper dive into... i highly encourage you to take a chance and play with that artist! it's an exciting opportunity to explore their discography, performances, and story. and it really is a unique challenge since you have to really dive deep to find the songs that best fit each round.

i came into this not having much knowledge about aaliyah's history or discography, but a desire to learn more about an artist who so many raved about. throughout this experience, i discovered that 20 years ago, the world lost an exceptional talent far too soon. her music was innovative, exciting, and honestly it does not feel like it was from decades  ago. she gave us an impeccable and timeless discography, and i kept finding new gems each round. aaliyah has instantly become one of my top artists. i'm so thankful that i now know her art and legacy. she inspired so many people and it was honestly so heart-warming to see the genuine love that people have for her online. an icon of an almost-mythical time period where the world was truly a better, happier place. i wish i had been old enough to experience it in real time.

it makes me so distraught to imagine what kind of beautiful pathways aaliyah's career would have taken her on since 2001... she seemed poised to become one of the biggest stars... a triple threat. combined with her style, class, and humility, she was truly one in a million.

:heart2: :weeps:

1 hour ago, Element said:

:chick3:

4 hours ago, Element said:

Looks like the timing was RIGHT!

real talk I enjoyed more than you think I have and I got to some great discoveries, plus your color round entry is one of my favorite songs of the seasons :heart2:

so true :heart2: we stan at your best (you are love) :1stplace:

7 hours ago, Element said:

Oh wow the inspiration :weeps:

@Element It was really a pleasure having you here.  Your essays were so well-written, and I could tell how much effort you put into them.  Your song choices were always on point, and while you dived into Aaliyah's discog to find a song that fit the round, you always emerged with a gem.  Glad that you took this game as an opportunity to discover your artist and in the process we did as well. I agree with everything you said about Aaliyah, and you did her justice.  You should be proud of yourself.  Thank you for your dedication and passion.  I am really sad to see you leave, but I will see you around. :hug:

sad to see aaliyah go without sending some of her biggest classics like Rock the Boat :weeps:

PTNR

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 13

celebrations

say goodbye to our angel, Aaliyah and say hello to the top 6 of Diversity 4

you have outlasted 20 acts in this season already and it's something that we should celebrate about it!

so for this round, we don't want you to be sad cause it's time for....

'celebrations'

for this round, we want you to submit a song that relates to a celebration or holiday! when you submit for this round, just think of something/a holiday that people actually celebrate it. it can be something like birthday, graduation, prom, valentine's day, or even christmas day! it's up to you but just don't go too wild with your creativity since you still have to sell the song/the holiday or a day u celebrate to the judges. IN YOUR EXPLANATION, PLEASE TELL THE JUDGES WHAT ARE YOU CELEBRATING.

for example: mariah - all i want for christmas is you (christmas)

aaliyah - at your best (you are love) (wedding)

lorde - ribs (graduation)

janelle monáe - i like that (pride month)

our lovely judges will score each part: 5 for how it fits the theme and 5 for judges' personal taste. so please do your best, everything counts!

do your best lovelies and stay away from the bottom 2!

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE!

you can submit your entry only once. however, you can still go back and edit things until the deadline.

if you make any edit in your submission, please ping me in the thread or on discord x

you will have 24 hours for this. no extension will be granted x

DEADLINE: 10.30AM ET ON FRIDAY 10TH DECEMBER

if you have any questions, feel free to leave them here or DM me.

good luck and have fun :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.