Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

omg page 126

Fcq76Gl.png

SING-OFF ENTRIES

welcome to our LAST sing-off of the season!

in our last sing-off, our bottom 2 (shania twain and miley cyrus) have performed for our judges...

since this is our last sing-off, the judges were, yet again, split. gasps. but who will make it to the semi-final?

lets see what they performed first.

first, its Miley Cyrus who performed Jolene!

Spoiler

finishing the sing-off, its Shinia Twain with That Don't Impress Me Much!

Spoiler

next post we will see how each judge have to say about these performance!

and who they chose to save!!!

Just now, ughgabriel said:

Here for results!! Good luck to both <3

heyyy

Fcq76Gl.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

let's hear what our judges say about their performance AND who they chose to save!

first up, its judge Amy Lee!

xBoPgjm.png

here's what she has to say:

boys - Miley Cyrus - Jolene : I really love the natural setting, and this is my favourite cover of the three sing off performances that you have sent. Miley's vocals are clear and strong, and the musicians have an equal compelling presence, making this a beautiful team effort.

Auburn - Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much : I expected an exciting performance considering that this song is so fun and groovy, but Shania displayed low energy here, which isn't a good recipe for an engaging performance. It looks like she was burned out from performing and I felt bad for her.

what an insight.. wow :clap:

and with that, she has decided to save......

Spoiler

Miley Cyrus!

next, please welcome judge Janelle Monáe!

mnHdhXg.png

Both were just okay for me.

even though she seemed a lil meh with this, in the end, she still made a decision.

and she saved......

Spoiler

Shinia Twain!

next up, please welcome judge Mariah Carey!

wzEOJVp.png

Cute performances

Vote: neither

omg ur so funny mariah :laugh2: she did vote for someone!!!

and that person is......

Spoiler

Shinia Twain!

and heres our fourth judge, its judge Rihanna!

SEg85Ry.png

she didn't say anything gasps but she did vote for someone

her vote goes to....

Spoiler

Miley Cyrus!

which makes everything come down to judge Madonna!

toBBul1.png

<3

damn. this is so hard.

who will win the last sing off and become the sing-off assassin of the season and move on to the semi-final?

stay tuned!!!

Fcq76Gl.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

welcome back to the sing-off show!!!

in the end, it's hard but judge Madonna has made the decision

and with the vote of

3-2

(not like you didn't know)

congratulations.....

Spoiler

Miley Cyrus!

@boys

you will be moving on to the semi-final, congrats again! :party:

and you will also get the lip sync assassin title too, WOOOOOOO. now prove to everyone that u have everything to make it to the finale!

Spoiler

which means that i'm soooo sorry Shinia Twain but your time in Diversity 4 is up :noparty:

NOOOOOO. it was so close! you were about to make another finale and you were just fell short here.

you should be proud of yourself cause playing miss shinia and making it to the quarter final :eek: that's super amazing!

i mean you were the first person and the only person so far to have won 3 themes, thats an impressive run!

like you played your big hits at the right time and always chose right performances when singing off.

hopefully, you will slay season 5 of Diversity as well if it does happen hehe... thank you so much for applying!

for now... Sashay Away </3

AND THERE WE HAVE OUR SEMI-FINALISTS :heart2:

NEXT ROUND WILL BE POSTED AROUND 9PM ET

IT'S GONNA REQUIRE SOME WRITE-UPS BUT I'M SURE YOU GUYS ARE GONNA DO WELL ANYWAYS!

SEE YOU THERE.

@Auburn Not only did you win 3 rounds, but I also gave you 6 perfect scores (more than I gave anyone else) so this is a testament of how strong a competitor you were in my eyes.  I was really happy to see you sign up with Shania and you made her justice.  I have an urge to revisit her discography thanks to you and hopefully she has gained new fans through this game.  Will see you around.  :hug:

I made it much closer to the end than I was expecting with Shania, so I can't be disappointed about a top 5 placement. I've loved exploring her discography from a different perspective than I ever have before throughout the course of this game. Of course it sucks for my fate to be decided by a randomizer but it is what it is.

Thank you for hosting @thecptz I had a great time. And please ban the top 5 next season so I'm not tempted to sign up with Shania again! :laugh:

c0x0nJC.gif

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 15

star quality

after the departure of Shania Twain, we have now reached one of the most important parts of Diversity 4... the semi-final

it has been so fun and you guys have shown a lot already!

but in order to make it to the finale, you will have to pass this test...........

'star quality'

that's right! for the semi-final, we want you to relate one of your songs to a strength you believe your artist demonstrates well, and is possibly known for with their music. this can be a range of things, like production, vocals, lyricism, rapping, etc. Just anything you believe your artist excels and thrives in, as long as it is something that can be judged! put your star quality in the explanation part!

our lovely judges will score each part: 5 for how it fits the theme (how well they think you sell that star quality well) and 5 for judges' personal taste. so please do your best, everything counts!

do your best lovelies and the person who scores the LEAST will be automatically eliminated.

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE!

you can submit your entry only once. however, you can still go back and edit things until the deadline.

if you make any edit in your submission, please ping me in the thread or on discord x

you will have 24 hours for this. no extension will be granted x

DEADLINE: 10PM ET ON FRIDAY 17TH DECEMBER

if you have any questions, feel free to leave them here or DM me.

good luck and have fun :heart2:

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 15 (star quality)

ENTRIES

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

(stream RED VELVET on YOUTUBE [Per Requested])

Miley Cyrus - Angels Like You (Vocals)

Red Velvet - Psycho (Versatility)

Spoiler

Red Velvet are known best for their versatility; in fact, their name represents their dual concept of fun pop bops with big choruses (Red) and a more mature, sensual R&B side (Velvet). When they come back, fans never know what they're going to get and how they're going to get it - and it sets them apart in a market that is far too predictable.

"Psycho" for me perfectly represents the balance of their sounds, the middle point of all their singles. This song is just gargantuan, with the combination of dramatic strings and pulsating cold synths creating a chorus so big it's chill inducing.

There is a Spotify version, but I advise listening to the music video version as it has different production with more "oomph":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR8Mrt1IpXg

Taylor Swift - State of Grace (Songwriting)

Spoiler

Taylor has this ability to create worlds in her songs. Her way of writing music is something that she’s been known for, and it’s definitely something that she excels at. With State of Grace, Taylor tells a story of how love can happen in the most ordinary way but can leave the greatest mark on your life depending on how it ends or survives. The word choices are simple, but it’s how she uses them throughout the song especially during the bridge that makes every section stand out on their own way. Even the two-line chorus paints a clear picture because of how the verses build to it. Taylor’s art of writing vulnerable but honest lyrics is what makes her songs personal and relatable, and it’s one reason why people still look forward to her new music.

Tinashe - Party Favors (Dark R&B Production and Imagery)

Spoiler

The musical area where Tinashe is most known for and excels in is Dark R&B (a sub-genre defined by mood and atmosphere) fused with hip-hop elements. What separates her from her peers is the murky print that is present throughout her discography. From a 2013 vice article, she stated that she didn’t want her music to “come across sweet or nice” despite acknowledging how soft her vocals are. What makes Tinashe unique compared to her peers is she combines her soft vocals with a “dark and heavy” vibe sonically. I chose Party Favors because not only is it the quintessential example of dark R&B with heavy trap inspiration, but it also shows off how well she can vividly depict a hazy/cloudy scenario with the atmosphere provided, just like on Soul Glitch for reference. The song also contains other notable strengths about her music; such as building a club-ready atmosphere, living-in-the-moment lyrics, and sensual vocals all together.

Nightride is a landmark dark r&b album that is considered a fan favorite, so it was important for me to pick a representative song from it to show off her strong suits where she’s completely in her element. She’s able to ride DJ produced hip-hop beats effortlessly, and it’s no coincidence that her other fan favorite songs (like 2 On and Bouncin) share similar hip-hop production qualities. All of these features contribute to her music being the ideal fit for late night and after-hours activities whether it’s partying, night driving, doing drugs or having sex. While Tinashe is a genre-blender and has her share of lighter sensual r&b and pop songs, she truly shines like a star in her nocturnal R&B aura.

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 24 hours (9pm ET on saturday 18th) to judge your entries!!

@boys @mokitsu @Rence @Tom Vercetti

@Overprotected @Dessy @Navyofbadgals @Staryu

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 15 (star quality)

ENTRIES

for judges' critiques list

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

(stream RED VELVET on YOUTUBE [Per Requested])

Miley Cyrus - Angels Like You (Vocals)

Red Velvet - Psycho (Versatility)

Taylor Swift - State of Grace (Songwriting)

Tinashe - Party Favors (Dark R&B Production and Imagery)

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 24 hours (9pm ET on saturday 18th) to judge your entries!!

@Overprotected @Dessy @Navyofbadgals @Staryu @Kavish

I’m on mobile but 

mildred - hate this song and it’s v overrated but it’s cute to go for a ballad. Think if you wanted to show off vocals there were many better options but you were at least right in choosing something from PH

Red velvet - once again proving that they have from what I heard one of the most interesting pop discographies out there. You’ve shown versatility throughout the competition and this one just adds onto it. I like that it’s slightly different from other songs, but also that the versatility is seen within the own song itself, going from these big moments, to simplistic verse deliveries and so on. Great choice

Taylor Swift - Great choice!! It’s a beautiful song and the songwriting is amazing, Red is def one of her strongest eras in terms of songwriting, and SOG (along with ATW) still both manage to stand out with ease. They’re that good I fear

Tinashe - bit of a less straight forward choice in what type of quality it’s going to embody, but I do think this is a good way of showcasing Tinashe’s control over R&B and how she manages to experiment within the sound without ever going so far as to sound pretentious or to not feel accessible for the everyday listener. This is a great song!!

yw @thecptz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.