Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

Fcq76Gl.png

FINALE

with Miley Cyrus going home in the semi-final, now it's time for the end of the season... the finale of Diversity 4!

you guys have made it this far and there are only little steps towards your way of getting that crown

Red Velvet @mokitsu

Taylor Swift @Rence

Tinashe @Tom Vercetti

welcome to the grand finale! :party:

this finale will divide into 3 parts and each part will have 10 points for you to score. the act that received the most scores will win of course!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PART 1: REDO

for this part, we want you to redo any round of your liking. the scores will be 5 from your explaining on why you want to redo this particular theme and how the song you choose fits the theme u redo and 5 from judges' personal taste.

in the spoiler is the list of all the rounds we have done:

*click the link to find more info about each round*

PART 2: LIVE PERFORMANCE

for this part, we want you to submit your BEST live performance. the scores will be 10 points. again, the judges will score based on the whole performance and not just the singing aspect. prove to us that you're a great performer!

PART 3: CROWNING

for this part, we want you to submit your crowning song aka your last song of the season. end this season with a BANG! you may provide reasons why you choose this particular song as your crowning song. the scores will be 10 points. their scoring might be on how well you sell to the judges on why this is IT. why this is THAT last song. so do your best and don't think of it like it's just a typical free choice round~

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE!

you can submit your entry only once. you can submit separately for each part and then go back to edit ur submission to finish the rest!

i've set the form as allowing you to edit your submission.

you will have 36 hours for this. no extension will be granted x

DEADLINE: 10PM ET ON MONDAY 20TH DECEMBER

if you have any questions, feel free to leave them here or DM me.

and for the last time in this season, good luck and have fun :heart2:

Ooh something different compared to previous seasons. Gonna think this through. Good luck fellow finalists. 

i love this gay line

15 hours ago, Element said:

i love this gay line

we all do #diversity

Fcq76Gl.png

FINALE ENTRIES

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Red Velvet - Milky Way (Round 12: genre benders)

Spoiler

Well this was my first (and last) bottom placement! Definitely not a fun feeling but I had a bomb performance ready. The judges didn't feel Naughty, and Milky Way was my backup. It's a warm fusion of Jazz and Pop. I used it for my audition and if you remember well it's a very important song to me! So I'm letting things come full circle and using it for the finale as well.

Taylor Swift - august (Round 9: hidden gems)

Spoiler

I’ve always thought about this round after it ended because I had a lot of songs to choose at that time. Holy Ground won the round but it felt like something was missing. I listened to her albums again and remembered the familiar sound of “august”. A lot of people in the stan community who listen to Taylor definitely know this song and claim it’s one of her best ever. However, the community is just a fraction of our vast world. The general public might know this song because of folklore’s impact during release week, but they definitely don’t appreciate it enough especially after it was performed at The Grammys. Even Taylor herself didn’t like it enough to make it a single even though it’s highly regarded as one of her best songs. Even though it’s one of those songs that is better kept within her fanbase, it still deserves to stand out to the public so they can know that Taylor can make timeless music like this too. Maybe in 10 years, we will all look back to this album and Taylor might rerelease this song as a single like All Too Well, but now, this will remain as a beautiful hidden gem, not only to me, but to everyone who actively listens to her deep album cuts. All we have to do is live for the hope of it all.

Tinashe - Bet (feat. Devonté Hynes) (Round 7: a helping hand)

Spoiler

The round i'm choosing to redo is the R7 'A Helping Hand' round. Part of my strategy this season was choosing the right songs at the right time. In order to accomplish that, I had to take some risks and hold myself back from sending stronger choices to save them for later. The previous song I went with for R7 (The Worst In me) was not included in any of Tinashe's own albums but I knew it was adequate enough to get past the round. Some of the criticisms I received was "it wasn't interesting enough". With the feedback, I want to prove that Tinashe has stronger collaborative songs by sending in Bet. The collaborator, Devonté Hynes, is one of Tinashe's favorite partners, and his guitar solo helped contribute to the song's immense atmosphere in the outro. The song wouldn't be the same without him and Bet's lengthy time also proves that Tinashe is able to use every second to her advantage without going to waste. 

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb

Spoiler

yes the mics are ON.

Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Spoiler

Tinashe - Pretend/2 On Medley

Spoiler

Some flashing lights in the background but nothing intense. There's also an instant flash at around 1:52

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Red Velvet - Queendom

Spoiler

Queendom is such a fun, breezy and uplifting song. It has Red Velvet's signature quirkiness, powerful vocals and group harmony. I chose it as my final song not only because of its obvious royalty themes, but because it's about being resilient and overcoming obstacles. 

Coming in with a K-Pop act with maybe 1 or 2 songs people knew was a challenge, and I struggled many rounds looking for something that fit and that the judges would like on first listen (not to mention hours looking at lyric translations for some thematic rounds). So I'm just grateful and happy to be in the final and I think the represents that state of mind! 

It's also just a very triumphant song, I can see fireworks playing in the distance as you CROWN me!!!!

Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)

Spoiler

Nine years ago, Taylor poured her heart out by releasing this song. Since then, her fans have claimed it as one of her best written pieces in music. It even made it to some “best of” lists. Her fans paraded for the song to get a music video because its intricate storytelling deserved to be shown in visual form. Fast forward to 2021, with 5 more albums and 2 rerecordings under her belt, Taylor finally gave this song justice. Not only did it get an extended version, it also got a short film and the kind of treatment she gave to her other singles. The 9-year wait was definitely worth it. The 10-minute song topping the chart proved that her best songs can be successful as singles. Maybe someday songs like august can get this treatment, too. It might not be the best Taylor song to some, but it can’t be denied that it is the song that will leave a mark on everyone who is a big fan of hers. Nine more years later and it will be considered as her signature song not because of its success, but because of the decade-long passion and dedication that the fans showed for it that made it the ultimate fan favorite. We’ll remember it all too well.

Tinashe - Small Reminders

Spoiler

The last song i'm sending this season is Small Reminders because it will serve as a big reminder to the judges how diverse Tinashe's musical talents are. I have already proven Tinashe's specific star quality in the previous round but I also want to prove that she shares traits of my fellow finalist's star qualities as well. Small Reminders proves she has songwriting talent (this is solo-written by her and it shows how self-reflective and relatable she can be through her words) and versality (through her delivery as the song contains multiple structure changes and cohesively blends multiple genres such as neo-soul, funk, pop-rap, and r&b). Not to mention that she also holds her own vocally.

To expand on the song's meaning, Small Reminders indirectly examines all of the tough shit Tinashe has gone through within her personal life/musical career (sabotage from label, flopping, declined collabs, the list goes on). Through those hardships she still finds a way to persevere and gain back creative freedom. This song also speaks to my performance throughout the season as there's been flaws early on and multiple occurrences in my way from getting to the top but once the perfect time comes and i'm at the top it's a wrap. I expected a mixtape entry for the finale and Small Reminders was going to be my closing song anyway, so I believe it's a fitting choice here as well for a crowning moment. To sum it all up, Tinashe is The complete package and can fit in just about any scenario given to her proven by my consistent performance this season. 

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 24 hours (10pm ET on tuesday 21st) to judge your entries!!

@mokitsu @Rence @Tom Vercetti

@Overprotected @Dessy @Navyofbadgals @Staryu @Kavish

Fcq76Gl.png

FINALE ENTRIES

for judges' critiques list

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Red Velvet - Milky Way (Round 12: genre benders)

Taylor Swift - august (Round 9: hidden gems)

Tinashe - Bet (feat. Devonté Hynes) (Round 7: a helping hand)

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb

Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Tinashe - Pretend/2 On Medley

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Red Velvet - Queendom

Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)

Tinashe - Small Reminders

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 24 hours (10pm ET on tuesday 21st) to judge your entries!!

@Overprotected @Dessy @Navyofbadgals @Staryu @Kavish

1 minute ago, Touch It said:

No

Yes

WHY DID THE RV SELECTIONS SMASH?!?

1200px-Black-flag-svg.png

⸸ Kavish ⛧ Kritiques ⸸

~

@mokitsu - Red Velvet

Part 1: Redo – Milky Way [genre benders]

Three judges gave "Naughty" a score of 3.x during the 'genre benders' round, so it was wise to redo it, and with the song that got you into the competition at that. I love how comforting "Milky Way" is, with its chill and dreamy nature.

Part 2: Live Performance – Dumb Dumb

The "Be Natural" performance that you sent for the sing-off was more visually pleasing and charming, but this one still showcases the team's coordination and strength really well. Overall it's cute in a high-school cheerleader type of way.

Part 3: Crowning - Queendom

I am usually not a fan of such jubilant songs but this one is bearable mainly due to its nice production. Even though it was not a requirement, I also like how on theme this song is, making it a beautiful and celebratory final entry.

@Rence - Taylor Swift

Part 1: Redo – august [hidden gem]

"august" was one of the songs I thought you'd send during the 'hidden gem' round, so I'm glad that it is finally being represented as such in the finale round. As most songs on folklore, it is beautifully written with a great production.

Part 2: Live Performance – Look What You Made Me Do

After the "Don't Blame Me" and "Ready for It" performances, this closes the reputation trilogy as theatrically and chaotically as one would expect of the chapter, with the added elements keeping it entertaining all the way through.

Part 3: Crowning – All Too Well (10 Minute Version)

"All Too Well" was a jewel in Taylor's discography, but the 10 minute version has elevated it to crown status. The reworked instrumentation and additional lines have made this emotional journey more adventurous, more Swiftian.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe

Part 1: Redo – Bet (feat. Devonté Hynes) [a helping hand]

I loved "The Worst in Me" during the 'helping hand' round, but I agree with your reasoning behind redoing it. "Bet" proves that Tinashe can excel at more than one collaboration, and shows how diverse she is with experimentation.

Part 2: Live Performance – Pretend/2 On Medley

Amazing stage presence that highlights Tinashe's vocals and incredible moves. The switches are smooth and there's never a dull moment, all due to her bouncy, thrilling energy. One of the strongest performances of the entire season.

Part 3: Crowning – Small Reminders

"Small Reminders" is a reminder of Tinashe's abilities : the sultry beginning morphs into a rap section and ends with a dreamy sound, making this song an unexpected surprise as well as a symphonious experience deserving of the crown.

~

king-crown.gif

CRITS

Spoiler

RE-DO

Red Velvet - great choice to redo! This is amazing, I love the jazzy influence on this, but making it in a more accessible way. An amazing song that strikes the perfect balance between genres

Taylor Swift - I applaud you for trying to make it fit.. but it honestly feels more to me like you wanted to send august, because I just don't see how this fits at all as a hidden gem. It's one of the most streamed folklore tracks and taylor has referenced it probably more than the entire evermore album lol. That said, this is an amazing song, and possibly my favorite taylor song to date so I'm not that mad

Tinashe - you def show that you knew how to hold back songs for more critical times, and I guess this is another example. This is an amazing collaboration that truly shines. It's possibly my favorite entry of yours in this finale, but that comes with tough message that I do think this is much stronger than your crowning song, which is.. inch resting! Either way this is great

LIVE

Red Velvet - truly showcases their charisma together, along with great co-ordination. It's not a mindblowing performance by any means, but nothing here is done wrong, so there's that

Taylor Swift - every reputation tour performance has this epic scale, it's a shame that I think you sent a much stronger reputation tour performance earlier on. Some of the choreo choices aren't my favorite, but still a great performance!

Tinashe - great way to showcase Tinashe's full capabilities, going from just standing still to a more dance forward performance, this performance highlights a lot of aspects of her as a performer, which is why I think it's possibly the best performance sent here. All performances are good, but this one goes above and beyond with showcasing so much of her abilities!!

CROWNING SONG

Red Velvet - idk if it's intentional but I love that for a crowning song there are references to it/kings and queens. It's not in any way something that had to happen, but it adds so much to this already amazing entry. Throughout the season you've shown off your versatility and I like that this is once again a great pop song with unique and interesting elements that you don't hear that often in pop music, without it ever feeling messy or too much. 

Taylor Swift - seeing as lyricism is her strongest point, you are so smart in highlighting it into what's possibly her most acclaimed song to date. This 10 minute version has the rare power for me that I'm waiting for the next minute even with such a long song, rather than wanting it to end. A true showcase of a lyrical great, and a great crowning song option

Tinashe - I love your reasoning behind it, and the themes to it make it a great and meaningful choice for Tinashe, sadly I just don't like it as a song all that much, or at least compared to the other entries here. Think you really killed it with your reasoning this finale, and you did AMAZING in the other two categories for me, but this isn't my favorite sadly. 

@mokitsu @Rence @Tom Vercetti

BaSztoV.png

Red Velvet
Part 1: It makes sense that you want a redemption from the only round you bottomed in, so it fits the theme for me. This song sounds very cute and sweet and warm, it's like a freshly baked red velvet cupcake. I definitely enjoy this more than Naughty, the vibe of this song is very me, happy and relaxing, very pleasant. 

Part 2: Well they definitely have a lot of energy! The choreography was good/fun, their vocals sound good for all the moving they are doing. The song itself is a bop but the dumb dumb can get a little annoying, it kinda adds to the immature/kids party vibe I get from the overall performance. It's a fun performance tho, I appreciate the energy and ability to sing and dance at the same time, not every artist can do that.

Part 3: I actually really enjoyed this song a lot, vocally they sound great, the song itself is light and fun, I love the production and the harmonies. The fact that it's about queens and this is the crowning theme works really well too, great choice. Thank you for introducing me to some really fun Red Velvet songs all season. :heart2: 

Taylor Swift

Part 1: I'm really surprised this wasn't a single at all, and I know this definitely isn't hidden to the stans but I can see the argument for the GP. August is definitely a top 3 Taylor song for me, it's like beautiful poetry, the song flows like a river through my soul, I'm just saying shit but this is probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

Part 2: I liked the dark and moody set, the giant cobras, the costumes, it all worked well for the song. It was definitely a fun production and her vocals were good.

Part 3: You're lucky I'm a Taylor stan because normally I hate super long songs but this song has never felt that long to me, there are 5 minute songs that feel longer. The world Taylor created with this song and the story it tells is just fascinating to me, you can feel everything she was feeling in this moment in her life, her songwriting skills are unmatched, she's like a lyrical time capsule for her own life. 

Tinashe 
Part 1: This was a great theme choice to redo, I honestly don't even remember what the original song you sent sounds like and I like this choice much better. Tinashe delivers vocals, atmosphere, it's an easy song to get lost in as you listen to it, I didn't even notice it was almost 6 minutes long. 

Part 2: The dance mix/breakdown slayed me, I got chills watching, she is such a criminally underrated talented artist. I loved it overall, it so fun to watch, Tinashe killed it vocally and rhythmically, never a dull moment. 

Part 3: I think this is the perfect final song for Tinashe, it's so fitting for her own story and your own journey in this competition. I love the way it blends genres, it's a funky bop and Tinashe sounds great on it, I like that you sent a song that wrote herself too, multitalented queen. 

-

50aa9750af453352ffff6e697ff75b65913861a7.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.