Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

8uHOPv0.jpg?1

Well I hope next round is better for y'all :dancehall3:

Spoiler

Aaliyah - I Care 4 U
Beautiful beautiful sing. I want a lover like this, to cuddle, to hold, to care for on a rainy day :weeps:  

Billie Eilish - i love you
It fits very much and I agree with your explanation, but I’m not feeling this one sadly. Will not be coming back to this one. 

Charli XCX - Stay Away
This comes on when I exhausted all my songs for a rainy day. I just sit and contemplate why I’m even bothering when I could just binge-watch a series. 

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away
I never actually heard this song before but it’s rather great. A really good submission. 

Red Velvet - One of These Nights
Ooo this one is quite fitting. It’s not stellar or anything but better than most here I’m afraid. 

Shakira - Tú
Oh, this one is quite nice. Very pleasant, I have no complaints about this song. 

Shania Twain - When
Okay nah, bagels must be stopped. This is quite good actually. 

Sufjan Stevens - Fourth of July
Well, a solid effort was made I guess. It’s definitely more somber than most songs here, if not the most. 

Taylor Swift - Clean 
Terrible song. The rainy day turned into a ferocious storm and I’d rather listen to the thunder instead of cleaning myself in the rain. 

Tinashe - Stormy Weather
This is definitely on point with the theme and is a decent song. I enjoyed the production at the least. 

Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing
Godly song tbh. There’s just no competition. 

maxresdefault.jpg

OVERPROTECTED'S REVIEWS

Spoiler

Aaliyah - I Care 4 U - Such a cute and relaxing song though it drags a little towards the end, I also stan the rain metaphor or whatever in your explanation.

Billie Eilish - i love you - Very moody and sad, I liked the build up part that sounds like Hallelujah but the rest is too low key it gets a bit boring. 

Charli XCX - Stay Away - A very entrancing bop, loving the chill vibes combined with the electronic bjork’d beat, I’m slain a bit. 

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away - Oh YES, did william orbit produce this? Anyways, I love it. 

Red Velvet - One of These Nights - Cute for the theme and I liked it when the beat dropped but overall this is kinda corny musically and I did not enjoy it much.

Shakira - Tú - A lovely song, I didn’t care much for the verses but the chorus hits hard and I just- 

Shania Twain - When - This song is such a bop, probably my favorite from the album and I didn’t realize before how sad it actually is even though musically it sounds more lively and hopeful, but it’s a false hope after all… 

Sufjan Stevens - Fourth of July - Very depressing but the we’re all gonna die line was a bit too direct it got a little cringe. Also the song was boring. I'm sorry :chick2:

Taylor Swift - Clean - Imogen Heap snapped here! Her best song? :staryu: 

Tinashe - Stormy Weather - I mean perfect song for the round, I love the production and the guitar at the end. 

Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing - Well I mean it’s a classic of course and I can kinda picture it as a song for rainy days but it’s not doing much for me I fear. 

2D0yHmX.jpg

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques 

~

@Element – Aaliyah – I Care 4 U

Oh wow Aaliyah being the rain itself here. Loving that concept. This is one of my favourite songs of hers. It's so chill and indeed ideal to listen to when it's raining.

@shelven – Billie Eilish – i love you

Very calming yet heartbreaking, perfect to listen to on a rainy day while reflecting upon what is and what shouldn't be.

@clue - Charli XCX – Stay Away

I thought you'd never send a 'True Romance' track. I stanned this album so hard when it came out so I'm feeling nostalgic right now. The echo-y production is great for a rainy day.

@boys - Miley Cyrus – Slide Away

Reminiscing about the past and thinking of moving on : sounds like something I'd listen to on a rainy day as well. The song instantly became one of my favourite Miley songs when it was released. It showed her growth, and I like the haunting "ooooooh" that comes and goes in the background.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – One of These Nights

Very cinematic, like watching a sweet and sad romantic movie on a rainy night. Beautiful.

@Opulent - Shakira – Tú

It's fitting for the theme: I can see myself listening to this on a rainy day. The song is not hitting me hard, but it's nice.

@Auburn - Shania Twain – When

I didn't expect such an upbeat song for this round, but I get where you're coming from. It is funky enough to be cleaning the house to, while the lyrics match the rainy weather outside. I'm picturing a heartbroken housewife doing the chores while crying.

@Noah - Sufjan Stevens – Fourth of July

The type of soul-crushing song that reminds you of the impending doom. What better time to listen to it than when it's dark and pouring outside. I find it beautiful that he named the song 'Fourth of July', which paints a picture of celebration, but in this case he is commemorating his own mother and finding a sense of comforting independence from life in the form of death. Magnificent.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – Clean

The sound is very aquatic and therefore emulates rain really well, and the lyrics are also a perfect fit for this round. This is also an instance where the background vocal (Imogen) adds another layer to the song instead of it being there just for the sake of it. 

@Tom Vercetti - Tinashe – Stormy Weather

Amazing fit lyrically and the sound is also somber and damp. Contrary to most songs this round, this one would actually make me want to dance through the pain instead of sitting by the window, so I appreciate that for a change.

@PinkBox - Whitney Houston – I Have Nothing

We don't listen to this song because it's raining. It rains because we are listening to this song. :nickicry: Great classic.

~

LegalOrangeAmericansaddlebred-size_restricted.gif

22 hours ago, Staryu said:

I've asked multiple times to be fired. 

we need a kind judge in this panel!!! ur doing fine my HAG <3

ooh interesting results

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 8

Spoiler
On 11/22/2021 at 10:37 AM, Staryu said:

Qhb3qvm.png

I'm such a useless judge, I'm sorry, I've asked multiple times to be fired. 

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - I Care 4 U
Glad you sent this over Miss You, Miss You gives me sunny vibes, this one is definitely more somber and gloomy, and also this is the better song. 

This is actually really pretty and (not literally) screams rainy day music to me.

Charli XCX - Stay Away
Legit one of my favorite Charli songs, great choice, stay away (from the crown Krystal Versace).

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away
One of my favorite Miley songs, underrated!! Very somber and relaxed, perfect for a rainy day.

The orchestra or w/e on this is very pretty and I love the piano, definitely get rainy day vibes from this.

Shakira - Tú
This sounds sad, so it fits the theme, I'm not always a fan of Shakira's tone, the production makes it sound like a 90s country song at times.

Shania Twain - When
Love your explanation for this and I agree with it. I've always loved the chorus of this song, it's very nice. 

This has a very rainy day vibe, some of these choices actually make me see sadness, sitting by a window watching the rain.

We're all gonna die, very depressing, good job!

Taylor Swift - Clean
Such a beautiful song, top 3 from 1989. Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams.

Tinashe - Stormy Weather
I've always loved this song title and it's perfect for a rainy theme, I feel like the production works too, it's a different vibe but I can see the rainy day vibe. 

My favorite Whitney ballad, I have nothing (but the rain). I love to belt this song in the shower, which is also like rain, wow perfect choice. 

:dancehall3::dancehall3::dancehall3:

7 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - fit wise on point, the instrumental on this is quite cool at points and truly evokes a rainy feel, sadly I do feel like this was a bit boring to me at points, but overall cute song and great fit

Billie Eilish - one of her prettiest, compared to the rest of the production on WWAFAWDWG, the lowkey production really works well here, very pretty song!

Charli XCX - no explanation means no critique i fear.. 

Miley Cyrus - Still Miley's best ballad. Absolutely gorgeous song.. was still a lowkey OMCH back then but this was just too good to ignore even back in the day

Red Velvet - hey queen! Girl you have done it again. Constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. i’d say i’m surprised but i know who you are. i’ve seen it up close and personal. girl you make me so proud.

Shakira - cute fit and I appreciate the risk but this.. was very monotone and boring to me sadly

Shania Twain - didn't like it at all but the guitar work near the end was a lovely little twist and somewhat saved the song for me x

Sufjan Stevens - very lowkey but very pretty too! Don't know if this is a winner but I enjoyed it

The Music Industry - I am a swiftie

Tinashe - THE best of the round hands down, such a good fit that I have to tank everyone else here, and it's also my fav Tinashe song too. SO good

Whitney Houston - CPG

@Element @shelven @clue @boys @mokitsu @Opulent @Auburn @Noah @Rence @Tom Vercetti @PinkBox

6 hours ago, Dessy said:

8uHOPv0.jpg?1

Well I hope next round is better for y'all :dancehall3:

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - I Care 4 U
Beautiful beautiful sing. I want a lover like this, to cuddle, to hold, to care for on a rainy day :weeps:  

It fits very much and I agree with your explanation, but I’m not feeling this one sadly. Will not be coming back to this one. 

Charli XCX - Stay Away
This comes on when I exhausted all my songs for a rainy day. I just sit and contemplate why I’m even bothering when I could just binge-watch a series. 

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away
I never actually heard this song before but it’s rather great. A really good submission. 

Ooo this one is quite fitting. It’s not stellar or anything but better than most here I’m afraid. 

Shakira - Tú
Oh, this one is quite nice. Very pleasant, I have no complaints about this song. 

Shania Twain - When
Okay nah, bagels must be stopped. This is quite good actually. 

Well, a solid effort was made I guess. It’s definitely more somber than most songs here, if not the most. 

Taylor Swift - Clean 
Terrible song. The rainy day turned into a ferocious storm and I’d rather listen to the thunder instead of cleaning myself in the rain. 

Tinashe - Stormy Weather
This is definitely on point with the theme and is a decent song. I enjoyed the production at the least. 

Godly song tbh. There’s just no competition. 

5 hours ago, Overprotected said:

maxresdefault.jpg

OVERPROTECTED'S REVIEWS

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - I Care 4 U - Such a cute and relaxing song though it drags a little towards the end, I also stan the rain metaphor or whatever in your explanation.

Billie Eilish - i love you - Very moody and sad, I liked the build up part that sounds like Hallelujah but the rest is too low key it gets a bit boring. 

Charli XCX - Stay Away - A very entrancing bop, loving the chill vibes combined with the electronic bjork’d beat, I’m slain a bit. 

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away - Oh YES, did william orbit produce this? Anyways, I love it. 

Red Velvet - One of These Nights - Cute for the theme and I liked it when the beat dropped but overall this is kinda corny musically and I did not enjoy it much.

Shakira - Tú - A lovely song, I didn’t care much for the verses but the chorus hits hard and I just- 

Shania Twain - When - This song is such a bop, probably my favorite from the album and I didn’t realize before how sad it actually is even though musically it sounds more lively and hopeful, but it’s a false hope after all… 

Sufjan Stevens - Fourth of July - Very depressing but the we’re all gonna die line was a bit too direct it got a little cringe. Also the song was boring. I'm sorry :chick2:

Taylor Swift - Clean - Imogen Heap snapped here! Her best song? :staryu: 

Tinashe - Stormy Weather - I mean perfect song for the round, I love the production and the guitar at the end. 

Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing - Well I mean it’s a classic of course and I can kinda picture it as a song for rainy days but it’s not doing much for me I fear. 

2 hours ago, Kavish said:

2D0yHmX.jpg

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques 

~

@Element – Aaliyah – I Care 4 U

Oh wow Aaliyah being the rain itself here. Loving that concept. This is one of my favourite songs of hers. It's so chill and indeed ideal to listen to when it's raining.

@shelven – Billie Eilish – i love you

Very calming yet heartbreaking, perfect to listen to on a rainy day while reflecting upon what is and what shouldn't be.

@clue - Charli XCX – Stay Away

I thought you'd never send a 'True Romance' track. I stanned this album so hard when it came out so I'm feeling nostalgic right now. The echo-y production is great for a rainy day.

@boys - Miley Cyrus – Slide Away

Reminiscing about the past and thinking of moving on : sounds like something I'd listen to on a rainy day as well. The song instantly became one of my favourite Miley songs when it was released. It showed her growth, and I like the haunting "ooooooh" that comes and goes in the background.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – One of These Nights

Very cinematic, like watching a sweet and sad romantic movie on a rainy night. Beautiful.

@Opulent - Shakira – Tú

It's fitting for the theme: I can see myself listening to this on a rainy day. The song is not hitting me hard, but it's nice.

@Auburn - Shania Twain – When

I didn't expect such an upbeat song for this round, but I get where you're coming from. It is funky enough to be cleaning the house to, while the lyrics match the rainy weather outside. I'm picturing a heartbroken housewife doing the chores while crying.

@Noah - Sufjan Stevens – Fourth of July

The type of soul-crushing song that reminds you of the impending doom. What better time to listen to it than when it's dark and pouring outside. I find it beautiful that he named the song 'Fourth of July', which paints a picture of celebration, but in this case he is commemorating his own mother and finding a sense of comforting independence from life in the form of death. Magnificent.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – Clean

The sound is very aquatic and therefore emulates rain really well, and the lyrics are also a perfect fit for this round. This is also an instance where the background vocal (Imogen) adds another layer to the song instead of it being there just for the sake of it. 

@Tom Vercetti - Tinashe – Stormy Weather

Amazing fit lyrically and the sound is also somber and damp. Contrary to most songs this round, this one would actually make me want to dance through the pain instead of sitting by the window, so I appreciate that for a change.

@PinkBox - Whitney Houston – I Have Nothing

We don't listen to this song because it's raining. It rains because we are listening to this song. :nickicry: Great classic.

~

LegalOrangeAmericansaddlebred-size_restricted.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.