Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

are we there

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 7

a helping hand

after the sad elimination of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, we're here at top 13!

but yes i have to address the elephant in the room first... since we only have one elimination last round, this round will be the last double elimination

just so we got everything on track!

and i think you've been doing this alone for quite some times, you're prob wanting some help because this is the time for....

'a helping hand'

This round is about collaborations! Send a song where your artist and another artist have worked together on. You can send a song that features another artist, a song where your artist is featured on, or remixes, as long as all the artists are credited on the track. for example, if ellie goulding is still here, she can submit outside (calvin harris feat. ellie goulding) cause both are credited on the track!

For bands or duos, you may send a song where one member of your band/duo has collaborated with someone else.

if you want me to check if you can send in this specific song or not, feel free to DM me :smiley:

an explanation is not required especially with how specific this theme is. but feel free to explain if your choice is not typical dance song.

our lovely judges will score each part: 5 for how it fits the theme and 5 for judges' personal taste. so please do your best, everything counts!

as i've told you before, it'd be our last DOUBLE ELIMINATION. :wink:

do your best lovelies since anything is possible!

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE!

you can submit your entry only once. however, you can still go back and edit things until the deadline.

if you make any edit in your submission, please ping me in the thread or on discord x

you will have 24 hours for this. no extension will be granted x

DEADLINE: 10.30PM ET ON MONDAY 15TH NOVEMBER

if you have any questions, feel free to leave them here or DM me.

good luck and have fun :heart2:

2 minutes ago, thecptz said:

an explanation is not required especially with how specific this theme is.

I'm just saying...

PXGiw5K.gif

3 minutes ago, Dessy said:

I'm just saying...

PXGiw5K.gif

are u saying ur tanking any explanation??

7 minutes ago, thecptz said:

are u saying ur tanking any explanation??

Yup!

PXGiw5K.gif

@Drifloon That was the strongest and hardest sing-off yet.  It broke my heart having to save only one, and I'm extremely sad to see you leave.  You never disappointed with your songs and as a result I stanned King Gizzard each round. Such a diverse band that I had the pleasure to discover and listen to. It's unfortunate that you had to suffer the effects of advantages, but as baby z has said, this has prompted a discussion backstage and we've decided against it in future seasons. Thank you for your time in the game and for being a great contestant.  Will see you around, King. :hughard: :heart2:

Edited by Kavish

a helping hand 

This sounds like a title to a P0rn :gaynetcat4:

Spoiler

Hyungry-A-Helping-Hand-01.jpg

:gaycat1:

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 7 (a helping hand)

ENTRIES

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

(stream shania on YOUTUBE)

Aaliyah - We Need a Resolution (feat. Timbaland)

Billie Eilish - lovely (with Khalid)

Charli XCX - Cross You Out (feat. Sky Ferreira)

Chloe x Halle - Happy Without Me (feat. Joey Bada$$)

Spoiler

Beautifully sung, intricately produced, relatable lyrics, overall perfection.

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner (feat. Dua Lipa)

Red Velvet - Be Natural (with TAEYONG)

Spoiler

Red Velvet's 2nd single showed their sultry and mature side with a cover of a 90s K-POP classic. The focus is on their vocals as they glide this jazzy and sensual piece.

English translation: https://colorcodedlyrics.com/2014/10/red-velvet-be-natural

Shakira - Beautiful Liar (with Beyoncé)

Spoiler

Beyonce, Beyonce

Shakira, Shakira

Shania Twain - You've Got a Way (Love to Infinity Mix)

Sufjan Stevens - Back to Oz (with Angelo De Augustine)

Taylor Swift - no body, no crime (feat. HAIM)

Tinashe - The Worst in Me (with KAYTRANADA)

Troye Sivan - You (with Regard & Tate McRae)

Whitney Houston - When You Believe (with Mariah Carey)

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (9.30am ET on wednesday 17th) to judge your entries!!

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 7 (a helping hand)

ENTRIES

for judges' critiques list

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

(stream shania on YOUTUBE)

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (9.30am ET on wednesday 17th) to judge your entries!!

@Overprotected @Dessy @Navyofbadgals @Staryu @Kavish

I see two of my fav songs of all time were sent but im not gonna say before I jinx them

I only not heard 3 of these so that should be interesting. 

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

Spoiler

Aaliyah - production on this is absolutely immaculate. Timbalands verse itself isn't all that great but overall this is still a pretty strong song. Timbalands DNA is all over this sound too, and it fits Aaliyah very well too, lovely entry

Billie Eilish - THE industry plant anthem because how it's still getting as much streams since it got.. like day 1 is interesting. Anyways this is great, beautiful track, and whilst I'm not always a big fan of Khalid's vocals, this song is one of two exceptions where it doesn't bother me (the other being Victoria Monet's Experience). Anyways lovely choice

Charli XCX - it's a shame you couldn't send Gone anymore but this is also a lovely choice! I will say that I'm not a big fan of the somewhat nasal vocal delivery of Charli on this, but Sky really surprisingly kills it on the track. Overall pretty solid but not perfect

Chloe X Halle - this was.. fine? Joey's part of this feels pretty forgettable, which is a shame because it feels more like just a CxH track then really a cool collab that could bring in new sounds for them to explore. Nothing about this was bad, but in the midst of some great tracks here, this one stands out as being.. just okay

Miley Cyrus - the way I wanted to drag you so badly if you didn't send it but it looks like you are not that dumb :heart2:  In my opinion a perfect collab. Taking Miley's glam-rock influences, along with slight disco and dance influences from Dua's side, this song feels like a perfect combination of both artists, where it feels like neither artist had to sacrifice their own image whilst simultaneously reaching new exciting places. It's also besides all that, a bop. perfection

Red Velvet - totally different from what I've heard previously of them, but that's why I love it! The jazzy influences on this are so smooth, without ever making this feel too Jazzy or dated. It's very smooth. Don't think Taeyong added a whole lot to this, but don't think he took away a lot either so it's fine. Overall pretty nice

Shakira - I mean it's a classic and I think it has many of the same qualities that Prisoner also has, in the sense that both songs perfectly marry the sounds and images of both artists involved. Another added bonus is that it still sounds super fresh

Sufjan - wow.. this was VERY pretty :smitten:  Whilst it doesn't feel that crazy for Sufjan, this still sounds different than anything else I've heard from Sufjan in this competition. The instrumental on this is beautiful and honestly right up my alley, very happy you survived the sing off last week cause this is killer

Taylor Swift - lovely Evermore cut. I do feel less connection to it now than I felt when the album was somewhat new, and I so desperately wish that Haim was more than just back up vocals, but still a lovely pick. 

Tinashe - the first thing I think of here was Tinashe thinking she won a grammy when the album won even though she technically didn't ?

Anyways, this was very nice and interesting. I think it could've had a bit more oomph but I'd still add this to my playlist in a heartbeat. Solid overall

Troye Sivan - painfully hollow and boring, and not helped by the fact that this would be so much better without Tate McRae. Not my favorite sorry!

Whitney Houston - this was... also surprisingly hollow and boring ? SORRY! It helps that they both obviously sound incredible, but there's not much more to this. It's just.. very by the numbers and for two artists so legendary.. this really feels like a missed opportunity

Shania Twain - From this.. I'm guessing she didn't have many great collaborations nsjjssj. That said, what you ended up with is pretty decent! It's pretty chill, even if it's not in any way a winner. Cute ish tho, I guess we'll see how it stacks up against some of the better tracks here, but it's far from the worst

@Element @shelven @clue @Not Like The Movies @boys @mokitsu @Opulent @Auburn @Noah @Rence @Tom Vercetti  @luckystrike @PinkBox

Vt2dVNT.png

Spoiler

I love the production on this song, definitely a highlight of Aaliyah's discography production-wise. 

Timbaland I can take or leave, but overall it's great.

Lovely choice.

(This song is actually nice, I don't listen to it that often b/c it's not really my go-to vibe but it's quite lovely.)

The production is very hot, Sky is great, I agree with bagels about Charli's "nasal" vocal,

something is a little off but I still like this song <3

First time hearing this song, they sound lovely as usual, their harmonies are always so good.

Joey was fine, kinda unneccesary, I liked it otherwise though.

This song is addictive and catchy and always stays in my head after I listen to it,

I love the way they meshed their sounds together, it's rocky, it's dancey, great choice. 

Oh wow didn't know they had songs with Jazz influences, this was really cute and a chill vibe,

I really liked the jazz elements.

One of the sexiest collabs ever tbh, they have such different voices

but they really made them work together on this

This is such a different sound/side of Shania and I think it works really well,

it's very light and fun and chill and a bop :jamming:

This is very chill, I feel like most of his music as a similar vibe, it's not something I'd really choose to listen to myself

unless I was in a very specific mood, not b/c it's bad, I just have trouble connecting to somber/sad sounding songs

most of the time b/c I am a soulless robot. It was lovely though. 

I love story songs like this, it's like the folksy Goodbye Earl,

HAIM deserved more than backing vocals but the collab works. 

A Tinashe song I'm not familiar with at all, it has a nice beat, it sounds like a good fit for Tinsahe,

it's just not that exciting. My 2nd listen was better than the first though.

I've listened to this song 100 times and it's only for Troye, I barely even notice the Tate person,

I didn't even realize she was the girl on the song :deadbanana2: but it's a harmless bop and I like those. 

I feel like a Whitney/Mariah collab could have been bigger/more exciting but I am glad we at least got this,

the last third is really great. I also love their live performance at the Oscars, Whitney kinda ate Mariah  :eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.