Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

AUDITION

Spoiler

On 10/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, Navyofbadgals said:

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

Thanks to everyone for sending :heart2: I've tried to be as fair as possible, and tried the best to really see who would do well later on in the competition based on the audition. Good luck to everyone involved and thanks for the great auditions;

ℭ????????

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - Interesting approach to pick an artist you don't really know all that well, I like it tho! You've picked a song that's truly unique as a first choice pick but makes perfect sense as being meaningful. Not my favorite song this round but it's nice and surprising. Pretty solid overall!

Bastille - funnily enough, the song choice is the same as for Aaliyah, as choosing a song that got you into their discography. Don't think that's a wrong approach at all, sadly for you, I think the write up for Aaliyah, whilst similar in concept, is much better executed. This is a fine bastille song to me, but I don't see the big difference between pompeii, but I will applaud you for not going the obvious route and saving pompeii if you get the chance to use it again!

Billie Eilish - Have to tank this for stealing ROTY from DSN sorree! Real talk, this is definitely one of the best write-ups of the auditions, you've made it meaningful to you, it's well written, unique and memorable. Great song also, and I think it's also a great representation for Billie without giving away some of her more unique out-there cuts! great job

Carly Rae Jepsen - kinda same approach write-up as Aaliyah but once again also not as well executed. This song doesn't do much for me and the nicki verse is.. inch resting. Maybe it's my negative bias towards Carly speaking and the other judges will love it but I sadly don't think this quite stacks up

Charli XCX - despite having one of the shortest write-ups of the round, you perfectly describe why this song is important to you. It's also a killer song. You show that you don't have to write essays to perfectly get your point across which is impressive! great job

Chloe x Halle - love that you chose a song that you feel truly puts all their talent on display. The song is so interesting vocally and I like that you didn't choose an ungodly hour cut, but still chose one that stands up to some of the highs on that great album. I think this is a pretty good pick, and I like how you really approached this as a fan of them

Cocomelon - groundbreaking and showstopping

Demi Lovato - Love how you finished off your write-off with a great message. Think this is a great pick for Demi Lovato, and judging from your write up, also for you :heart2:  Think you did really well!

Tia Tamera - So true bestie. I think you could've done more write-up wise but it's a great sing!

Ellie Goulding - I love how personal of a pick this is to you, and I like that you showcased your favorite moment of the song as well. You can tell it's an important song to you. I think you understood the assignment fully which I hope you get to show later in this competition as well! good luck :heart2: 

F(x) - as far as 'this song got me into something/someone' write-ups go, this is the only one that comes close to Aaliyah's. Very well-written and I can see back everything you wrote in this fun song!

Ginger Root - LOVE this song omg! One of my favs of the round. I'm not quite sure if your write up is that solid, whilst I got the message, it's a bit clumsy in the explanation. Maybe you'll get there on your song and the underlying message but I def think in future rounds you need to work on your write-ups, in what you need to and not need to mention.

Ghost - Many people went with the same approach in terms of write-ups for picking the first song they heard of the artist. I do think this is a great song but I don't think the write-up sells it as well, and with many people picking this approach, it might work against you

Tik Tok - I think your write-up is fun but I don't know if it really meets the brief. great sing tho, obviously

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Think you win this round write-up wise. From using lyrics from the song to start with, to relating it perfectly to yourself and writing it so well and finishing it off strong. Think it's also a great song. I think it'll be interesting to see how you fit these more unique artists into upcoming rounds

Kylie Minogue - A very short write-up, I like the approach but sadly for you this approach has been better executed. It's a great song though!

Lana Del Rey- Bit of an obvious choice but I don't blame to you. I think you could've pulled out more for the auditions, especially with Lana being such a strong songwriter, I don't think this approach really sells her as well as you're capable of doing with Lana! Obviously a classic song though, so there's that

LOONA - #pray4loona. A bit of a simplistic write-up but it's a great song. Not quite sure where you'll end up

Miley Cyrus - not the random cody simpson lashing sjsjs you're so evil but right for this

cute song pick!

Mylene Farmer - Love how this write-up just isn't that you chose it because it's the first song that got you into her, but also why it's such a great song, and how it relates to you personally. you tick a lot of important boxes, including sending a great and unique song!

Red Velvet - Great write up and great song choice. Really smart to explain this song as relating it to both their journey and yours and describing the parallels.

Serpentwithfeet - Love that you picked a song that's the most him of anything in his discography. This write-up is simple but it works well. Not sure where you'll end up but I think you did a nice job!

Shakira - bit of a mess with a song, but your write-up def sells it as a choice. As an artist with so many classics, I like that you truly met the brief and chose a song that's truly important to you!

Shania Twain - Cute write-up and song. I do feel like both of them are middle of the road, they're far from the best or the best so I'm not sure where you're gonna land up in the rankings!

SHINee - one of the strongest entries write-up wise and I think this is such a great choice song-wise as well. You chose a song that's undisputably meaningful to you, and probably for their fans as well, without choosing a more obvious pick. Great job!

St. Vincent - going to be very biased to this because it's one of my favorite songs of all time. Your write up also stacks up but I was pretty much already sold on the song alone lol

Sufjan Stevens - great write-up and song choice! Don't have much else to say besides that but I'll be surprised if you miss out on the competition

SZA - sadly I have to be fair and mention that this is the only write-up that exceeds the words limit. There are many people who struggled with editing it down to 100 words or less so that sadly doesn't work in your favor. It's especially a shame because you do have a strong write-up and song choice! You might still make it but it's important to stick to the rules as well

Taylor Swift - Love how you started off your write up. Think you chose well and have a great write-up as well. With an artist like taylor, I'm sure you'll be big competition

Tinashe - Great write up and amazing song pick. Love how you didn't go for an obvious pick, but rather go for a more overlooked but incredibly interesting pick!

Tove Lo - Love how you first described things about yourself, and then perfectly explaining how it fits the challenge for you. It's not the fanciest write-up here but yet it still does everything it needs to do. Good job

Troye Sivan - I can see how this song can be meaningful to you and you describe it well. you did everything you need to do to make it tbh

TWICE - pop perfection yeah.. I wish your write up was stronger, you have 1 of the 2 elements nailed down and the message is nice but could've been explained better

Whitney Houston - I cannot with you

Zara Larsson - Love that you picked a song that perhaps lyrically doesn't connect with you like her more emotional songs, yet still feels rightly important to you. You took a diff approach and I appreciate that, and you pulled it off well!

On 10/16/2021 at 1:06 AM, Staryu said:

On 10/16/2021 at 7:42 AM, Dessy Spiced Latte said:

D6Hcg0x.jpg

First things first, I did not anticipate this round being truly personal. These are some very solid entries and I want to give most of you a hug cause :weeps:

Round 1 Crits

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - A cute little bop from miss Aaliyah, not big on the baby noises but other than that I enjoyed it!! Your explanation was interesting because you chose an artist whose discography you’re not familiar with but you sold it very well and I would definitely like to see more of Aaliyah throughout the competition. 

Bastille - I was expecting to hate on this entry as soon as I saw the artist but it was actually quite cute, the chorus was nice although I feel like the song ended a bit abruptly. Your explanation was a bit of a kii idk what dog howl you’re talking about but you go girl!

Billie Eilish - Oop not you bringing in the big guns for the audition, I love the chorus and lyrics, a very lovely song and your explanation enhances that so great job. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Erm not a Nicki remix… Anyways Carly is someone who is either semi hit or miss and this edm remix is a miss for me, I’m sorry, if you make it past the auditions and come to hollywood I’d be very surprised. Congrats on getting over your ex though. 

Charli XCX - Wow your explanation was very um deep and straight to the point I love that. Now I’m not the biggest charli fan but I can admit this was a cute inoffensive bop. 

Chloe x Halle - Never heard this album before and this song wasn’t what I was expecting to hear from them for the audition but your explanation definitely came through to really sell me on your choice and the chloe x halle experience, a job well done.

Cocomelon - I wanna know who let you on stage, I feel very uncomfortable with you even staring at me. 

Demi Lovato - Never heard this one before and it’s quite sad :loser: your explanation also made me feel sad too. 

Doja Cat - Wow this is a big bop ngl, your explanation was very um

Ellie Goulding - This song left no impression on me, I feel like you could’ve chosen something better for your audition. I mean this is your chance to make it into the game. That said your explanation was lovely and very cute so there’s that. 

F(x) - This was a nice bop! I enjoyed reading your explanation too, I think you did a great job at selling why your song is meaningful and important to you and I could connect to that experience. 

Ginger Root - I loved this song, it was a very pleasant surprise amongst most of these other artists, I also like that in your explanation you let us know why not only is it important to you but why it’s also important to the artist. Good job!

Halsey - This song kinda passed me by, if it wasn’t for her avocado voice I wouldn’t have noticed it at all, the explanation on the other hand was cute but kinda vague you could’ve given us more.

Kesha - A smash hit classic, not a big fan of her music from this era but I just can’t help but bop when this comes on it’s true. That being said, I think you might’ve misunderstood the assignment when it came to the explanation since you didn’t give us anything about why the song is important to YOU. 

King Lizard - This was an unexpected indie serve, I’m intrigued as to what more they have to offer. Your explanation was lovely and very effective, it made me feel emotional, great job. 

Kylie Minogue - First time listening to this Kylie song and I’m enjoying it quite a bit, it’s a bit of an euphoric bop like you said in your explanation.

Lana del Rey - A lovely song, very simple but with some very nice touches sprinkled in the production, I like that. Good job with the explanation too. 

LOONA - Oop this is very fun and catchy, I love it. Sorry about your unhappy life tho :( 

Miley Cyrus - I wasn’t expecting this choice at all but I’m pleasantly surprised, it’s a very cute classic, you spilled in your explanation I fear.

Mylene Farmer - Wow I’ve ascended with this ethereal bop. Loved the explanation too.

Red Velvet - Another serve, obsessed with the jazz vibes in this song. Nailed the explanation too, you effortlessly related your experience with them letting us know why this song is important to you and the group. Great job. 

Sepentwithfeet - Not one of my favorites from his latest album but it’s still cute and overall I really enjoy his sound. The explanation could’ve gone a little more personal but you brought up some important points.

Shakira - Very odd choice for Miss Globalkira but a nice one, I wish she would go back to this sound from this song and her first eras. Lovely job on the explanation too.

Shania Twain - A massive banger, thank god you sent the red version too. Your explanation didn’t hit like some others but you did a good job still at letting us know how this is representative of her as an artiste. 

SHINee - This is a cute bop and reading your explanation about it just made it a sad bop. Good job overall. 

St. Vincent - Another double serve I fear. Love the chill yet haunting production and the lyrics and your story made it quite emotional, excellent job.

Sufjan Stevens - The storytelling in his songs is amazing and he’s great at making music that make me feel both happy and sad.mp3 

SZA - Nice song, lovely production. 104 words though… 

Taylor Swift - A bit of a classic I must admit, it’s very cute and you snapped with your explanation.

Tinashe - One of my favorites from her, very chill and ethereal, good choice!

Tove Lo - Not a fan whatsoever but I think your write up was very good and personal, it made me appreciate the song slightly more!

Troye Sivan - Very lovely song and I think the song and your story resonates with a lot us f words here so nice job. 

TWICE - A bit of a bop yes but your explanation was kinda lacking in this case, like I understand reasoning behind the choice but you didn’t sell it very well.

Whitney Houston - Bye not trans-age :ahh: Whitney served here as usual and I think your explanation was good because it did make me cackle.  

Zara Larsson - Wow I’ve been missing out a bit on this bop, very cute and I think a lot of us can relate to your story

Reveal hidden contents

ton3c8k.png

MY CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - A cute little bop from miss Aaliyah, not big on the baby noises but other than that I enjoyed it!! Your explanation was interesting because you chose an artist whose discography you’re not familiar with but you sold it very well and I would definitely like to see more of Aaliyah throughout the competition. 

Bastille - I was expecting to hate on this entry as soon as I saw the artist but it was actually quite cute, the chorus was nice although I feel like the song ended a bit abruptly. Your explanation was a bit of a kii idk what dog howl you’re talking about but you go girl!

Billie Eilish - Oop not you bringing in the big guns for the audition, I love the chorus and lyrics, a very lovely song and your explanation enhances that so great job. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Erm not a Nicki remix… Anyways Carly is someone who is either semi hit or miss and this edm remix is a miss for me, I’m sorry, if you make it past the auditions and come to hollywood I’d be very surprised. Congrats on getting over your ex though. 

Charli XCX - Wow your explanation was very um deep and straight to the point I love that. Now I’m not the biggest charli fan but I can admit this was a cute inoffensive bop. 

Chloe x Halle - Never heard this album before and this song wasn’t what I was expecting to hear from them for the audition but your explanation definitely came through to really sell me on your choice and the chloe x halle experience, a job well done.

Cocomelon - I wanna know who let you on stage, I feel very uncomfortable with you even staring at me. 

Demi Lovato - Never heard this one before and it’s quite sad :loser: your explanation also made me feel sad too. 

Ellie Goulding - This song left no impression on me, I feel like you could’ve chosen something better for your audition. I mean this is your chance to make it into the game. That said your explanation was lovely and very cute so there’s that. 

F(x) - This was a nice bop! I enjoyed reading your explanation too, I think you did a great job at selling why your song is meaningful and important to you and I could connect to that experience. 

Ginger Root - I loved this song, it was a very pleasant surprise amongst most of these other artists, I also like that in your explanation you let us know why not only is it important to you but why it’s also important to the artist. Good job!

Halsey - This song kinda passed me by, if it wasn’t for her avocado voice I wouldn’t have noticed it at all, the explanation on the other hand was cute but kinda vague you could’ve given us more.

Kesha - A smash hit classic, not a big fan of her music from this era but I just can’t help but bop when this comes on it’s true. That being said, I think you might’ve misunderstood the assignment when it came to the explanation since you didn’t give us anything about why the song is important to YOU. 

King Lizard - This was an unexpected indie serve, I’m intrigued as to what more they have to offer. Your explanation was lovely and very effective, it made me feel emotional, great job. 

Kylie Minogue - First time listening to this Kylie song and I’m enjoying it quite a bit, it’s a bit of an euphoric bop like you said in your explanation.

Lana del Rey - A lovely song, very simple but with some very nice touches sprinkled in the production, I like that. Good job with the explanation too. 

LOONA - Oop this is very fun and catchy, I love it. Sorry about your unhappy life tho :( 

Miley Cyrus - I wasn’t expecting this choice at all but I’m pleasantly surprised, it’s a very cute classic, you spilled in your explanation I fear.

Mylene Farmer - Wow I’ve ascended with this ethereal bop. Loved the explanation too.

Red Velvet - Another serve, obsessed with the jazz vibes in this song. Nailed the explanation too, you effortlessly related your experience with them letting us know why this song is important to you and the group. Great job. 

Sepentwithfeet - Not one of my favorites from his latest album but it’s still cute and overall I really enjoy his sound. The explanation could’ve gone a little more personal but you brought up some important points.

Shakira - Very odd choice for Miss Globalkira but a nice one, I wish she would go back to this sound from this song and her first eras. Lovely job on the explanation too.

Shania Twain - A massive banger, thank god you sent the red version too. Your explanation didn’t hit like some others but you did a good job still at letting us know how this is representative of her as an artiste. 

SHINee - This is a cute bop and reading your explanation about it just made it a sad bop. Good job overall. 

St. Vincent - Another double serve I fear. Love the chill yet haunting production and the lyrics and your story made it quite emotional, excellent job.

Sufjan Stevens - The storytelling in his songs is amazing and he’s great at making music that make me feel both happy and sad.mp3 

Taylor Swift - A bit of a classic I must admit, it’s very cute and you snapped with your explanation.

Tove Lo - Not a fan whatsoever but I think your write up was very good and personal, it made me appreciate the song slightly more!

Troye Sivan - Very lovely song and I think the song and your story resonates with a lot us f words here so nice job. 

TWICE - A bit of a bop yes but your explanation was kinda lacking in this case, like I understand reasoning behind the choice but you didn’t sell it very well.

Whitney Houston - Bye not trans-age :ahh: Whitney served here as usual and I think your explanation was good because it did make me cackle.  

Zara Larsson - Wow I’ve been missing out a bit on this bop, very cute and I think a lot of us can relate to your story

On 10/16/2021 at 7:50 AM, Overprotected said:

ton3c8k.png

MY CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

On 10/17/2021 at 12:34 PM, Kavish said:

f60d0a804b56196488348bd10cbe1a5f.jpg

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques  ⸸

~

@Element – Aaliyah – Are You That Somebody?

Song : The baby z noises are distracting, but the song promises some smooth vocals and gripping beats down the road, so it is a nice one to start with.

Write-up : It's risky to sign up with an artist that you barely know in a game where you have to know the artist's discography, but I appreciate the discovery aspect of your choice and why it's important for your musical expansion.

@fiercE – Bastille – Laura Palmer

Song : Anthemic with a sense of urgency and a thumping beat that renders the chorus catchy. The violins also add to the overall orchestral wonder.

Write-up : The song being important to you because it made you listen to the artist's discography is a legitimate reason, but your write-up focuses more on the impact of the music video rather than the song itself.

@shelven – Billie Eilish – Everything I Wanted

Song : Desolate ambiance with a beat that announces hope, just like you mentioned in your write-up, and this vulnerability resonates with me as well. It depicts my tendency to drown in despair, knowing that there is someone above the surface.

Write-up : Mental health and family bonds are relatable themes, and a song that combines both the dark clouds of your mind and the comfort of a loving one is a solid reason for it to be of emotional importance.

@vulnific – Carly Rae Jepsen – Tonight I'm Getting Over You (Remix)

Song : The resolution to get over someone paired with the upbeat chorus paints a "dance through the pain" picture, but I prefer the original over the remix. The song is already overwhelming as it is, and a Nicki feature that doesn't add much value to it is just overkill.

Write-up : It's important to have a source of catharsis whenever we are hurt, and it's great that this song can provide that to you.

@clue – Charli XCX – Gone

Song : We love a misanthrope anthem. Charli and Christine complement each other over the thrashing instrumental, and the experimental turn during the outro adds a layer to the overall experience.

Write-up : Short blurbs can be dangerous but this is a well executed less-is-more approach, and the "...me." packs a punch.

@Not Like The Movies – Chloe x Halle – Warrior

Song : Understandably Disney-ish, which can take some time to get into, but the whimsical atmosphere and anthemic chorus make up for it.

Write-up : The challenge was to write about why the song is important to you, but your write-up is general and not personal. The only connection that I could make to you is that it motivates you to be "valiant and resilient" but 83% of your write-up explains why this song is a significant introduction to the duo instead.

@Lil Uzi Lust – Cocomelon – Apples and Bananas 2

Song : There are a lot of kids' songs that use interesting wordplay and are infectious, but this one is too repetitive and absurd to be enjoyed by an adult. I question if it's even good content for kids, because the improper use of verbs and different ways of pronouncing "apples" and "bananas" throughout the song have the potential to misinform. I have reported the video for child abuse.

Write-up : I get why the song can be of sentimental value to you if it is the first song that your goddaughter liked, but it seems like the song is more important to her than to you, and a more elaborate explanation would have cleared that up.

@Rotunda – Demi Lovato – Sober

Song : The subject matter is heartbreaking and it serves as a great confessional track, but besides the humming, it lacks some oomph instrumentally. I understand that it is purposefully minimal, but the constant tempo makes the song seem longer than it is.

Write-up : That is sad to hear and I hope that you are currently doing fine. Comfort songs play a vital role whenever we are in a darker place, and it's nice that this song can make you feel better.

@Touch It – Doja Cat – Tia Tamera

Song : Funny wordplay albeit questionable at times, and very M.I.A.-esque delivery-wise.

Write-up : You did not elaborate on the song enough for me to understand why it is your favourite Doja song or your league username and what makes it important to you.

@touya kinomoto – Ellie Goulding – I'll Hold My Breath

Song : The explosive chorus sounds sparkling and transformative, like urging something or someone to snap out of it, so I can see how it moved you and made you hopeful.

Write-up : Songs that take us back to a specific moment of our lives are so special. Hopefully you'll find your sky of diamonds, but just know that you are already a diamond floating in this dark universe.

@hofork – f(x) – Rum Pum Pum Pum

Song : I'm only acquainted with the 4 walls sound but this was a pleasant surprise. The exotic sound and strings over the catchy chorus are really gripping.

Write-up : That is a unique reasoning this round as to why this song is important to you. I still remember my first genre-specific songs that got me into those genres, and they always have a special place in our musical world because they are the reason why we were exposed to our new-found love.

@Jay-Zicario – Ginger Root – Loretta

Song : Great discovery this round, and very reminiscent of MGMT at parts. All the different sounds coming together is so whimsical and pleasant to listen to.

Write-up : Only half of your write-up is about why the song is important to you, and while I understand the reason, you could have executed it better. The other half is why it is important for the artist.

@Taylucifer – Halsey – Ghost

Song : Short and engaging. The atmosphere is spacious which is fitting considering that she is singing about someone that is missing.

Write-up : While this is a valid reason why the song is important to you, it's also the most common approach this round and a stronger write-up would have made you stand out among those who used this reasoning. For example, you mentioned how it brings you nostalgia and reminds you of your teenage years. If you detailed it further, your entry would have felt more personal.

@Lucky#17 – Kesha – Tik Tok

Song : An absolute smash. A lot of her earlier songs sound abrasive now, but this one has stood the test of time.

Write-up : The challenge was to write about why the song is important to you, not your artist. Her achievements have nothing to do with this round.

@Drifloon – King Grizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Shanghai

Song : A beautiful discovery. The East Asian influences paired with the constant instrumental and vocal shifts offer such a symphonious experience.

Write-up : Heartfelt write-up, and it's comforting that you found the right song at the right time to uplift you during that transition in your life. I like how you used the word "mantra" to describe those lines because it shows how personal and important those words were to you.

@Future Lover – Kylie Minogue – The One

Song : It does have a quintessential Kylie touch to it like you alluded to in your write-up. A wonderful mix of production, melody, and vocals.

Write-up : A song that showcases everything that we love about an artist is a good reason as to why it may be important to you, but I wish that you could have elaborated a bit more. This approach has been done this round, and yours lack the personal touch that some had in theirs.

@kipperskipper – Lana Del Rey – Video Games

Song : A cinematic and orchestral wonder. One of the most beautiful debuts of all time.

Write-up : The main focus of your write-up is how it changed your life and the memories that you have when you listen to it. It feels like an obvious approach, and would have been more personal if you wrote about how it shaped you or what those distinct memories are exactly.

@CBC – LOONA – Hi High

Song : I totally see how it makes you feel happy, but such jubilant songs are usually a miss for me if not done right, and I am not connecting to this one that much.

Write-up : Short and cute, but it also pulled at my heartstrings because I know exactly what you mean. Having a song that instantly shifts your mood and makes you feel something that you normally don't is a profound reasoning as to why a song might be important to you.

@boys – Miley Cyrus – Adore You

Song : I remember being shook when I heard this after the We Can't Stop and Wrecking Ball smashes because it was so unexpected sonically, but I adored it. Raw, beautiful, and vulnerable, and I have some sweet memories attached to it.

Write-up : Your write-up is short and only half of it is about why the song is important to you. The other half is about Miley, but at least it made me laugh.

@bestfiction – Mylene Farmer – L'Ame-Stram-Glam

Song : Bilinguals won. Glad to have a French artist this round and this song demonstrates Mylene's angelic voice and her knack for experimenting with sounds really well.

Write-up : Your reasoning is beautiful due to the sentimental importance attached to it. It not only introduced you to Mylene, but there is also a connection to your mother whenever you listen to it. The second half of your write-up derails a bit from your strong introduction because it gets a bit too technical.

@mokitsu – Red Velvet – Milky Way

Song : Chill and dreamy, and it has a warm and comforting aspect to it, like having cookies and milk in bed.

Write-up : Your write-up is a great example of how to write about the technical aspects and still make it personal. The parallels that you drew between Red Velvet's journey and yours, and their musical chemistry and what it meant to you were very well thought-out.

@TruGemini – serpenwithfeet – Same Size Shoe

Song : I like how minimal and echo-y it sounds but the vocal effects from the trumpet part onwards get off-putting after a while.

Write-up : The challenge was to write about why the song is important to you, and the only connection that I made to you is that it is an ode to queer love (assuming that you are queer). The rest of your write-up is more technical and about why the song is important for the artist instead.

@Opulent – Shakira – Costume Makes the Clown

Song : Really captures the earlier Shakira essence with the rock influence, and the violin enhances it even more.

Write-up : That is sad and also something that a lot of people can relate to. You explained the struggles of identity and not being able to be our true self perfectly, and it's a consolation to have a song that covers this topic and not make you feel alone.

@Auburn – Shania Twain – I'm Gonna Getcha Good!

Song : A classic and a fun time. She gained a lot of fans during that era, so it's not surprising that you would pick a song from it. The song is a nice blend of country, pop, and rock and is quintessential Shania.

Write-up : This was the most common approach this round but you went into more detail than most who did, so I appreciate that. I just wish it was more personal in nature.

@diogozsz – SHINee – Good Evening

Song : It's pretty harmless and mild compared to some of the songs that I have heard from them, but it is still nice.

Write-up : It's nice that they made a song as a nod to Jonghyun. The situation feels like a group-hug between the group and their fandom and it's understandable why the song would mean that much to you since it serves as a comfort and closure regarding his death.

@Sanguine – St. Vincent – Strange Mercy

Song : There's something nautical about the sound which is alluring, like descending into the depths of the ocean and feeling nervous and being awed by its grandeur.

Write-up : That was an emotional read. You showcased how the song's narrative mirrors your personal life and how it is important to you. I hope that you are all in a better place now.

@Noah – Sufjan Stevens – The Only Thing

Song : Love the contrast between the dark lyrics and the sweet, nonchalant way that he sings them.

Write-up : You explained what you admire about the song and how it makes you feel, but you were not clear about whether you relate to his situation or his feelings. Drawing a parallel between you two would have made the importance of the song stronger and more personal to you.

@DevonRoars – SZA – Normal Girl

Song : The song feels like being in a trance. Pretty chill with a nice beat and the bridge elevates it.

Write-up : Solid reasoning as to why the song is important to you, but unfortunately I will have to cut some points because you exceeded the word limit and that's unfair to those who had to trim theirs.

@Rence – Taylor Swift – State of Grace

Song : Great instrumentation and lyrics, and the way the song switches at 2:20 is a defining moment.

Write-up : I like how you explained the idea of love songs from a young person's perspective – that it could either be a loving feeling or a painful one – and how this song made you discover another facet of it. I've had some moments of realisation from songs, so I understand why this is important to you.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe – Aquarius

Song : Her breezy vocals paired with the atmospheric production gives off a chill floating vibe. It also sounds very water-y at times, which I believe was made on purpose considering it's about Aquarius.

Write-up : Connecting with a song because it matches your cool personality is a refreshing take in a round that has made me emotional reading sad personal accounts. I am a calm and collected person in real life as well, so I know exactly what it feels like to find a song that reflects this state of being.

@ughgabriel – Tove Lo – Anywhere U Go

Song : We love an escapism anthem. I like her vocal delivery on this.

Write-up : That was cute. I am glad that you managed to find someone to share your journey with, and I can see how you would relate to this song and why it is important to you.

@luckystrike – Troye Sivan – Heaven

Song : Heartbreaking song that many can resonate with and it actually feels heavenly as seen from a fallen angel's perspective. Betty also adds to the overall experience.

Write-up : That is something a lot of gay youth can relate to, and it's great that you found a song that could comfort and empower you.

@M a n o b a n – TWICE – Fancy

Song : A cute song although it can get overbearing pretty quickly due to the packed production.

Write-up : Valid reasons why this song is important to you. It made you love this group and was a gateway to your K-pop love in general, but this approach has been done the most this round, and yours is too brief and lack a personal touch in comparison to some of them.

@PinkBox – Whitney Houston – Greatest Love of All

Song : Iconic. We stan old music. Amazing message and a song that highlights Whitney's vocals.

Write-up : Screaming. Being bullied is tough and it's powerful that this song motivates you to love yourself despite the disgusting things that they say about you.

@Moonlightbae – Zara Larsson – Love Me Land

Song : Really infectious. I totally get why it would uplift you and make you obsessed for months.

Write-up : It's nice that this song can take you back to a specific moment in time when things were dark and it offered a moment of solace for you.

~

learn-more-about-celtic-wicca-and-witchcraft-from-magic-horoscope-5c5d6c25e6f94.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 1

Spoiler
On 10/19/2021 at 6:03 PM, Navyofbadgals said:

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

@thecptz you're a flop for not having the good tag list.. you're kinda over sis :sorry:

if you're still tagged and you're already owt, I'm sorree, I tried to remove the elim'd contestants

Reveal hidden contents

qbzmGX2.png

Round 2

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - U Got Nerve
Interesting choice. It fits the theme with her anger toward whoever she’s talking about. And it’s a nice song. Good job. 

Billie Eilish - bury a friend
Honestly, you could never go wrong with Billie for a round like this. This is one of the few songs I like from that album too so great job!

Charli XCX - Good Ones

She’s upset that she let good relationships or moments pass her by. I’m not sure if I’m sold on your write-up at all but it’s somewhat there. The song itself is excellent. 

Chloe x Halle - Hazy
This production is definitely what I was expecting for a darker sound. I wish the lyrics matched it a bit more in that arena but it’s alright. And of course, I love love this song.

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
The song is cute. It’s somewhat on theme so sure I guess.

Ellie Goulding - My Blood
This is what I wanted. Winner!

f(x) - Red Light
This is excellent. The way it builds up and becomes intense >>>> (I have bass headphones so I can FEEL it.) And I definitely see how this matches the theme.

Ginger Root - Rikki
No. This is music I put on when studying for an exam or hanging at a coffee shop. Good luck.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Mars for the Rich
There is this sort of ominous warning about the future which I find fascinating. This song choice is excellent.

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
Lana is another person I expected to do well with this theme. For this round, I will enjoy this song for what it is. 

LOONA - So What
I definitely see the chaotic aspects of this song so it fits the theme somewhat for me. The song itself is just middling for me. 

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know
Anger is prominent throughout the song. The way she’s dismissive about whoever the song is about sell it for me. And this is a very good song so good job.

Mylène Farmer - Chloé
Right off the bat, I’m already confused and concerned sjafhsahc. I love the sort of haunting orchestra sound that is playing toward the end. And the lyrics are...something else. This is everything I expected for this round, and more. 

Red Velvet - Monster
This is 100% on theme. The lyrics and the production are really selling it. The song itself I’m not really feeling, but it’s acceptable.

serpentwithfeet - wrong tree
This is sort of alternating production is interesting and adds to the song IMO. The lyrics are solid and works for the theme. Song-wise I enjoy this, nothing to hate from me. 

Shakira - Don't Bother
Cute song. The story she’s presenting throughout the song works for me. 

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!
Oh, we got another anti-capitalism sing! Loving this style of critique, where she gets trapped in this societal expectation of richness but then snaps back and considers the other side of things, being poor and not living comfortably. The song itself is amazing IMO. 

SHINee - Orgel
Oh right off the bat I can hear that they intend to unnerve me with the instrumental. The lyrics also work here too. I only wish the song itself was a bit stronger. 

St. Vincent - Krokodil

The chaotic production right off the bat :deadbanana: The chorus is really selling it for me. This is not something I would go back to but I think it’s a solid song. 

Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius
Hmm… It works for the theme, I guess.

Taylor Swift - I Did Something Bad
The production works, the lyrics work. The song doesn’t however. 

Tinashe - Cold Sweat
Oh yeah, this definitely fits so great job in that regard. Not my favorite Tinashe song though, it’s just alright for me. 

Tove Lo - Don't Talk About It
This works for me theme-wise. Song wise it’s decent. 

Troye Sivan - DKLA
This is definitely fitting with the production. There’s this sort of ghostiness to the instrumental, too. Which fits the loneliness he’s feeling at this time. Tkay’s verse is just the cherry on top. I think this was the ideal song for this round from him personally. 

Whitney Houston - My Name Is Not Susan
She’s ain’t SUSAN! Put some respect on Whitney Elizabeth Houston’s name! Perfect anger type of song for this round. 

Zara Larsson - Right Here
It’s a different take on the round and I appreciate it for that. Song-wise it’s far from her strongest but it is acceptable. 

I'm confused on the tagging situation rn so I won't bother with that

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - U Got Nerve - I’m not really feeling the anger in her delivery but the instrumental definitely sounds dark enough to make it a fit for the round. Overall the song is cute but kinda forgettable.

Billie Eilish - bury a friend - Period I’m so glad you sent this, one of her best songs and absolutely nails the theme I don’t think you even needed an explanation. 

Charli XCX - Good Ones - I mean kinda? It feels like a bit of a reach thematically, sonically the song isn’t very dark either imo. It’s a bop though.

Chloe x Halle - Hazy - Oop now this one sounds dark and like a halloween bop, I definitely see what you were going for with the explanation so good job.

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again - I’m not that sure about this one in regards to the theme, it’s just too poppy and not really angry sounding but I understand what you were going for with the lyrical themes I suppose. Cute bop too.

Ellie Goulding - My Blood - Well maybe don’t say that this is her best song cuz… anyways yes a nice fit for the round, lyrically and sonically too. 

f(x) - Red Light - I hear the darkness sonically, especially in the chorus, and I’ll take your word on the lyrics so it's a good choice for the round! Do I like it? That’s another question.

Ginger Root - Rikki - Oop we love creativity and storytelling! I personally see what you were going for, the whistling at the end, it’s kinda giving AHS soundtrack. 

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Mars for the Rich - Well I didn’t expect them to serve this after their cute lil chill bop from last round. This is some scurry song for sure.

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence - A good fit for the round and almost every Lana song sounds like it could be in the soundtrack of a dark fantasy movie. 

LOONA - So What - Yeah I’m not really hearing the chaos unless we use the word hell to describe a messy noisy production. Wish you had delved more into the thematic correlation of the song with the round.  

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know - I hear the anger through her delivery and the instrumental so good pick! It’s also a big bop.

Mylène Farmer - Chloé - This is some scurry **** for sure, I wouldn’t listen to this in the dark for sure but even though this is not my fave song here I have no choice but to give this a perfect score.

Red Velvet - Monster - Also creepy sounding while delivering a bit of a bop at the same time, good job. Not a big fan of the baby noises but they add to the eeriness. 

serpentwithfeet - wrong tree - At moments it felt like you were kinda reaching in your explanation but I appreciate the storytelling. Love this biblical bop.

Shakira - Don't Bother - I’m not really getting the pure anger, bitterness yeah a bit but she also sounds kinda hurt hmm. Never has been a fave from her for me too. 

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching! - Communist queen snapped a bit, I like this approach to the theme and the threatening strings in the instrumental also help deliver the hell theme. 

SHINee - Orgel - Oh I love the sound of this, very eerie sounding but chill and vibey at the same time. Those lyrics you highlighted also help sell this as a great choice for the round. 

St. Vincent - Krokodil - A chaotic rock bop yes, I don’t know what the hell she’s saying at this part but she sounds angry for sure. 

Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius - An interesting approach to the round, I’m here for it, the lyrics definitely hint at a hell theme and the glitchy production also helps sell it. Your explanation was kinda weird though, it felt like you weren’t really connecting your ideas, but anyways still a good fit. 

Taylor Swift - I Did Something Bad - Erm I wish you had served us an explanation for this one, I guess it fits because of the witches metaphor? Major bop though. 

Tinashe - Cold Sweat - Another unique approach to the round, I like it. 

Tove Lo - Don't Talk About It - Eh I can kinda see what you were going for but it’s not really that dark imo. 

Troye Sivan - DKLA - Sonically and lyrically is a good choice for this round, could’ve done with the random feature though. 

Whitney Houston - My Name Is Not Susan - Oop she came on this bitch mad as hell!! I’m not really getting the 80s halloween party vibes though maybe cause I’m not that old. 

Zara Larsson - Right Here - Not really feeling it for this round, it’s also too cute and poppy. 

On 10/19/2021 at 9:13 PM, Staryu said:

Qhb3qvm.png

Reveal hidden contents

706befc1b1579315fb766afda8d5c3c6.jpg

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques 

~

@Element – Aaliyah – U Got Nerve

There is an ominous feel to the sound and her vocal delivery is assertive in this one, a contrast to her usual smooth voice, and it compliments the dragging in the lyrics.

@shelven – Billie Eilish – bury a friend

I anticipated "bury a friend" for Billie, so you made the right choice. This song is when Billie won my heart. The concerning lyrics being sung by a teenager and the chilling production create such a haunting atmosphere and perfectly capture the nightmarish concept that they wanted to portray.

@clue - Charli XCX - Good Ones

The lyrics depict Charli's self-destructive choices, but while the production is grave at parts, it's too groovy to be fully dark sonically. Overall an enjoyable bop.

@Not Like The Movies - Chloe x Halle – Hazy

The lyrics have some subtle touches of BDSM to it, but it's overall just a sweet love/lust piece. The sound however is totally on theme with the ominous ambiance and their haunted vocals and ad-libs.

@Rotunda - Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again

Captures the essence of teen angst as dramatically as it can get, with them belting over the lashing of strings. Also appreciate that you tried to take a different approach this time, and it paid off.

@touya kinomoto - Ellie Goulding - My Blood

We love a ritualistic Queen. We hereby promulgate this incantation as our hymn for when the blood of the young and innocent shall be sacrificed and the blood of sinners shall be cursed. Bestow upon us O Satanas the bloodlust of Nosferatu through which we may attain Godhead in the name of the Fallen Father, Scorned Son, and Unholy Spirit, and when the time shall come our blood shall be shed for You just as our souls have been fed to You.

@hofork - f(x) - Red Light

I could not really get the gist of the song lyrically, but that's probably due to poor translation online. It really fits sonically though, like an alarm call that is warning us of something dangerous. .

@Jay-Zicario - Ginger Root – Rikki

A pleasant and sunny instrumental, but it's unfortunately not a fit for this round. It sounds like vlog music or the tune used in travel montages. I appreciate that you came up with a concept to darken the song, but I am not seeing it at all. I cannot picture a killer hunting his victims to this track. It just doesn't emanate negative energy.

@Drifloon - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Mars for the Rich

Drag Elon Musk. The song depicts some sad realities : the capitalist system, the sense of non-belonging, and the deteriorating state of the natural world and ultimately the human condition. Some entries have presented these concepts, but this one concisely and successfully englobed them all. Sonically, it's obviously fitting to the theme. The metal genre is a hard sell on this forum and a risk in tournaments, but this song is so neat and catchy in its delivery that it deserves its place and is even a threat to look out for in this round.

@kipperskipper - Lana Del Rey – Ultraviolence

The sound is crushing and chaotic in good Lana fashion, and the lyrics are questionable and unsettling, so no wrong could be done there. The anguish can also be felt in her voice as she repeats "ultraviolence".

@CBC - LOONA - So What

The song only hints at a 'bad' energy through the lyrics, and even that is mostly about being fierce, fearless, and bad bitches as opposed to being evil. The sound is also triumphant without much darkness to it. I'm afraid you sent an empowerment anthem, which is the opposite of this round.

@boys - Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know

The wordy lyrics read like she was trying to put in as many angry and badass lines as she could, so it comes across as a bit disingenuous. That aside, her raspy voice is a rocking fit with the hard-hitting sound, which puts her anger in full display.

@bestfiction - Mylène Farmer – Chloé

The lyrics are disturbing and heartbreaking, and the serious and somber tone paired with the childish "la la la" give off a sinister vibe that could perfectly fit on a horror movie's soundtrack. Chloé has drowned, but it's safe to say that you won't this round.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – Monster

Same commentary as "Chloé" above. The forbidding sound along with the "la la la" create a creepy ambiance, and a great fit for a Halloween playlist.

@TruGemini- serpentwithfeet - wrong tree

His vocal delivery and all these sounds coming together are so unsettling, as if he materialised his heartbreaking experience into a musical nightmare to portray how tormented he was. Interestingly haunting song.

@Opulent - Shakira - Don't Bother

I expected "Don't Bother" for Shakira. It is heartbreaking how she compares herself to the preferred type of her ex and how she would change herself for him, thus lingering on self-doubt and lost identity. Her anguish amplifies as the song progresses into the guitar-thrashing outro and the wailing of a woman that has been wronged.

@Auburn - Shania Twain – Ka-Ching!

"Ka-Ching!" was the first Shania song that I ever fell in love with. Greed is one of the seven sins and you successfully associated the subject matter with the notion of "Hell". The song is relevant to our capitalist society and indeed a dystopia when analyzed from a humane point of view.

@diogozsz - SHINee – Orgel

The song paints a creepy circus-themed picture with its lyrics and instrumental, like making puppets dance to your tune. An alluring track.

@Sanguine - St. Vincent – Krokodil

A chaotic and ferocious blend of the clashing instrumental and spitting out her raging desire to 'bite'. The embodiment of "go girl, give us hell!".

@Noah - Sufjan Stevens – Vesuvius

I had a Mount Vesuvius fascination phase for some time, so I'm pleased that you submitted this song and rounded it up with an educational and perfectly-associated write-up. Various voices and unsettling sounds can be heard throughout, reflecting the hysterical mess and destructive nature of an eruption, and at the same time realizing that this turmoil also occurs within the human body and mind.

@Rence - Taylor Swift - I Did Something Bad

Cannot get more evil than acknowledging your bad actions and not only admitting that you loved it, but also that you would do it again. The gunshots even add a menacing spin to it.

@Tom Vercetti - Tinashe - Cold Sweat

The chilling and spacious atmosphere matches the cold reality and aloneness showcased in the lyrics, and even when she alludes to winning, it comes at a cost. Her personal hell, but also one that is sadly shared by many.

@ughgabriel - Tove Lo - Don't Talk About It

Another escapism anthem, but this time it's about getting lost in things that makes us forget about reality and that's always a downward spiral. The tone is anxious and chilling, as if hanging between life and death.

@luckystrike - Troye Sivan – DKLA

Same reaction as "Cold Sweat" and "Don't Talk About It" above. They all share the same coldness in sound, while the singer unravels their purgatory. Tkay's part takes me out of the trance but it's mostly a chill and somberly pleasant track.

@PinkBox - Whitney Houston - My Name Is Not Susan

I don't hear the "Halloween vibes" sonically. It's a typical 80s-sounding song without much trace of darkness, but her vocal delivery mirrors the warning in the lyrics in a way that dances between anger and heartache.

@Moonlightbae - Zara Larsson - Right Here

The subject matter gives an "aww too bad" reaction but the theme is not as serious as the attributes needed for this round. Even the sound is dance-y and would be completely positive if not for the lamentation in her voice.

~

ddn81w3-d1639fee-f5a2-4dc6-aa34-00c588b8

On 10/19/2021 at 9:40 PM, Staryu said:

Qhb3qvm.png

Part 2

Reveal hidden contents

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques 

~

There is an ominous feel to the sound and her vocal delivery is assertive in this one, a contrast to her usual smooth voice, and it compliments the dragging in the lyrics.

I anticipated "bury a friend" for Billie, so you made the right choice. This song is when Billie won my heart. The concerning lyrics being sung by a teenager and the chilling production create such a haunting atmosphere and perfectly capture the nightmarish concept that they wanted to portray.

The lyrics depict Charli's self-destructive choices, but while the production is grave at parts, it's too groovy to be fully dark sonically. Overall an enjoyable bop.

The lyrics have some subtle touches of BDSM to it, but it's overall just a sweet love/lust piece. The sound however is totally on theme with the ominous ambiance and their haunted vocals and ad-libs.

Captures the essence of teen angst as dramatically as it can get, with them belting over the lashing of strings. Also appreciate that you tried to take a different approach this time, and it paid off.

We love a ritualistic Queen. We hereby promulgate this incantation as our hymn for when the blood of the young and innocent shall be sacrificed and the blood of sinners shall be cursed. Bestow upon us O Satanas the bloodlust of Nosferatu through which we may attain Godhead in the name of the Fallen Father, Scorned Son, and Unholy Spirit, and when the time shall come our blood shall be shed for You just as our souls have been fed to You.

I could not really get the gist of the song lyrically, but that's probably due to poor translation online. It really fits sonically though, like an alarm call that is warning us of something dangerous. .

A pleasant and sunny instrumental, but it's unfortunately not a fit for this round. It sounds like vlog music or the tune used in travel montages. I appreciate that you came up with a concept to darken the song, but I am not seeing it at all. I cannot picture a killer hunting his victims to this track. It just doesn't emanate negative energy.

Drag Elon Musk. The song depicts some sad realities : the capitalist system, the sense of non-belonging, and the deteriorating state of the natural world and ultimately the human condition. Some entries have presented these concepts, but this one concisely and successfully englobed them all. Sonically, it's obviously fitting to the theme. The metal genre is a hard sell on this forum and a risk in tournaments, but this song is so neat and catchy in its delivery that it deserves its place and is even a threat to look out for in this round.

The sound is crushing and chaotic in good Lana fashion, and the lyrics are questionable and unsettling, so no wrong could be done there. The anguish can also be felt in her voice as she repeats "ultraviolence".

@CBC - LOONA - So What

The song only hints at a 'bad' energy through the lyrics, and even that is mostly about being fierce, fearless, and bad bitches as opposed to being evil. The sound is also triumphant without much darkness to it. I'm afraid you sent an empowerment anthem, which is the opposite of this round.

The wordy lyrics read like she was trying to put in as many angry and badass lines as she could, so it comes across as a bit disingenuous. That aside, her raspy voice is a rocking fit with the hard-hitting sound, which puts her anger in full display.

The lyrics are disturbing and heartbreaking, and the serious and somber tone paired with the childish "la la la" give off a sinister vibe that could perfectly fit on a horror movie's soundtrack. Chloé has drowned, but it's safe to say that you won't this round.

Same commentary as "Chloé" above. The forbidding sound along with the "la la la" create a creepy ambiance, and a great fit for a Halloween playlist.

His vocal delivery and all these sounds coming together are so unsettling, as if he materialised his heartbreaking experience into a musical nightmare to portray how tormented he was. Interestingly haunting song.

I expected "Don't Bother" for Shakira. It is heartbreaking how she compares herself to the preferred type of her ex and how she would change herself for him, thus lingering on self-doubt and lost identity. Her anguish amplifies as the song progresses into the guitar-thrashing outro and the wailing of a woman that has been wronged.

"Ka-Ching!" was the first Shania song that I ever fell in love with. Greed is one of the seven sins and you successfully associated the subject matter with the notion of "Hell". The song is relevant to our capitalist society and indeed a dystopia when analyzed from a humane point of view.

The song paints a creepy circus-themed picture with its lyrics and instrumental, like making puppets dance to your tune. An alluring track.

A chaotic and ferocious blend of the clashing instrumental and spitting out her raging desire to 'bite'. The embodiment of "go girl, give us hell!".

I had a Mount Vesuvius fascination phase for some time, so I'm pleased that you submitted this song and rounded it up with an educational and perfectly-associated write-up. Various voices and unsettling sounds can be heard throughout, reflecting the hysterical mess and destructive nature of an eruption, and at the same time realizing that this turmoil also occurs within the human body and mind.

Cannot get more evil than acknowledging your bad actions and not only admitting that you loved it, but also that you would do it again. The gunshots even add a menacing spin to it.

The chilling and spacious atmosphere matches the cold reality and aloneness showcased in the lyrics, and even when she alludes to winning, it comes at a cost. Her personal hell, but also one that is sadly shared by many.

Another escapism anthem, but this time it's about getting lost in things that makes us forget about reality and that's always a downward spiral. The tone is anxious and chilling, as if hanging between life and death.

Same reaction as "Cold Sweat" and "Don't Talk About It" above. They all share the same coldness in sound, while the singer unravels their purgatory. Tkay's part takes me out of the trance but it's mostly a chill and somberly pleasant track.

I don't hear the "Halloween vibes" sonically. It's a typical 80s-sounding song without much trace of darkness, but her vocal delivery mirrors the warning in the lyrics in a way that dances between anger and heartache.

The subject matter gives an "aww too bad" reaction but the theme is not as serious as the attributes needed for this round. Even the sound is dance-y and would be completely positive if not for the lamentation in her voice.

~

19 hours ago, Kavish said:

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques 

~

@CBC - LOONA - So What

~

12 hours ago, Dessy Spiced Latte said:

qbzmGX2.png

Round 2

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - U Got Nerve
Interesting choice. It fits the theme with her anger toward whoever she’s talking about. And it’s a nice song. Good job. 

Billie Eilish - bury a friend
Honestly, you could never go wrong with Billie for a round like this. This is one of the few songs I like from that album too so great job!

Charli XCX - Good Ones

She’s upset that she let good relationships or moments pass her by. I’m not sure if I’m sold on your write-up at all but it’s somewhat there. The song itself is excellent. 

Chloe x Halle - Hazy
This production is definitely what I was expecting for a darker sound. I wish the lyrics matched it a bit more in that arena but it’s alright. And of course, I love love this song.

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
The song is cute. It’s somewhat on theme so sure I guess.

Ellie Goulding - My Blood
This is what I wanted. Winner!

f(x) - Red Light
This is excellent. The way it builds up and becomes intense >>>> (I have bass headphones so I can FEEL it.) And I definitely see how this matches the theme.

Ginger Root - Rikki
No. This is music I put on when studying for an exam or hanging at a coffee shop. Good luck.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Mars for the Rich
There is this sort of ominous warning about the future which I find fascinating. This song choice is excellent.

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
Lana is another person I expected to do well with this theme. For this round, I will enjoy this song for what it is. 

LOONA - So What
I definitely see the chaotic aspects of this song so it fits the theme somewhat for me. The song itself is just middling for me. 

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know
Anger is prominent throughout the song. The way she’s dismissive about whoever the song is about sell it for me. And this is a very good song so good job.

Mylène Farmer - Chloé
Right off the bat, I’m already confused and concerned sjafhsahc. I love the sort of haunting orchestra sound that is playing toward the end. And the lyrics are...something else. This is everything I expected for this round, and more. 

Red Velvet - Monster
This is 100% on theme. The lyrics and the production are really selling it. The song itself I’m not really feeling, but it’s acceptable.

serpentwithfeet - wrong tree
This is sort of alternating production is interesting and adds to the song IMO. The lyrics are solid and works for the theme. Song-wise I enjoy this, nothing to hate from me. 

Shakira - Don't Bother
Cute song. The story she’s presenting throughout the song works for me. 

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!
Oh, we got another anti-capitalism sing! Loving this style of critique, where she gets trapped in this societal expectation of richness but then snaps back and considers the other side of things, being poor and not living comfortably. The song itself is amazing IMO. 

SHINee - Orgel
Oh right off the bat I can hear that they intend to unnerve me with the instrumental. The lyrics also work here too. I only wish the song itself was a bit stronger. 

St. Vincent - Krokodil

The chaotic production right off the bat :deadbanana: The chorus is really selling it for me. This is not something I would go back to but I think it’s a solid song. 

Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius
Hmm… It works for the theme, I guess.

Taylor Swift - I Did Something Bad
The production works, the lyrics work. The song doesn’t however. 

Tinashe - Cold Sweat
Oh yeah, this definitely fits so great job in that regard. Not my favorite Tinashe song though, it’s just alright for me. 

Tove Lo - Don't Talk About It
This works for me theme-wise. Song wise it’s decent. 

Troye Sivan - DKLA
This is definitely fitting with the production. There’s this sort of ghostiness to the instrumental, too. Which fits the loneliness he’s feeling at this time. Tkay’s verse is just the cherry on top. I think this was the ideal song for this round from him personally. 

Whitney Houston - My Name Is Not Susan
She’s ain’t SUSAN! Put some respect on Whitney Elizabeth Houston’s name! Perfect anger type of song for this round. 

Zara Larsson - Right Here
It’s a different take on the round and I appreciate it for that. Song-wise it’s far from her strongest but it is acceptable. 

I'm confused on the tagging situation rn so I won't bother with that

10 hours ago, Overprotected said:

Mariah Carey, una diablesa al vacío por Halloween

MY CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - U Got Nerve - I’m not really feeling the anger in her delivery but the instrumental definitely sounds dark enough to make it a fit for the round. Overall the song is cute but kinda forgettable.

Billie Eilish - bury a friend - Period I’m so glad you sent this, one of her best songs and absolutely nails the theme I don’t think you even needed an explanation. 

Charli XCX - Good Ones - I mean kinda? It feels like a bit of a reach thematically, sonically the song isn’t very dark either imo. It’s a bop though.

Chloe x Halle - Hazy - Oop now this one sounds dark and like a halloween bop, I definitely see what you were going for with the explanation so good job.

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again - I’m not that sure about this one in regards to the theme, it’s just too poppy and not really angry sounding but I understand what you were going for with the lyrical themes I suppose. Cute bop too.

Ellie Goulding - My Blood - Well maybe don’t say that this is her best song cuz… anyways yes a nice fit for the round, lyrically and sonically too. 

f(x) - Red Light - I hear the darkness sonically, especially in the chorus, and I’ll take your word on the lyrics so it's a good choice for the round! Do I like it? That’s another question.

Ginger Root - Rikki - Oop we love creativity and storytelling! I personally see what you were going for, the whistling at the end, it’s kinda giving AHS soundtrack. 

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Mars for the Rich - Well I didn’t expect them to serve this after their cute lil chill bop from last round. This is some scurry song for sure.

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence - A good fit for the round and almost every Lana song sounds like it could be in the soundtrack of a dark fantasy movie. 

LOONA - So What - Yeah I’m not really hearing the chaos unless we use the word hell to describe a messy noisy production. Wish you had delved more into the thematic correlation of the song with the round.  

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know - I hear the anger through her delivery and the instrumental so good pick! It’s also a big bop.

Mylène Farmer - Chloé - This is some scurry **** for sure, I wouldn’t listen to this in the dark for sure but even though this is not my fave song here I have no choice but to give this a perfect score.

Red Velvet - Monster - Also creepy sounding while delivering a bit of a bop at the same time, good job. Not a big fan of the baby noises but they add to the eeriness. 

serpentwithfeet - wrong tree - At moments it felt like you were kinda reaching in your explanation but I appreciate the storytelling. Love this biblical bop.

Shakira - Don't Bother - I’m not really getting the pure anger, bitterness yeah a bit but she also sounds kinda hurt hmm. Never has been a fave from her for me too. 

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching! - Communist queen snapped a bit, I like this approach to the theme and the threatening strings in the instrumental also help deliver the hell theme. 

SHINee - Orgel - Oh I love the sound of this, very eerie sounding but chill and vibey at the same time. Those lyrics you highlighted also help sell this as a great choice for the round. 

St. Vincent - Krokodil - A chaotic rock bop yes, I don’t know what the hell she’s saying at this part but she sounds angry for sure. 

Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius - An interesting approach to the round, I’m here for it, the lyrics definitely hint at a hell theme and the glitchy production also helps sell it. Your explanation was kinda weird though, it felt like you weren’t really connecting your ideas, but anyways still a good fit. 

Taylor Swift - I Did Something Bad - Erm I wish you had served us an explanation for this one, I guess it fits because of the witches metaphor? Major bop though. 

Tinashe - Cold Sweat - Another unique approach to the round, I like it. 

Tove Lo - Don't Talk About It - Eh I can kinda see what you were going for but it’s not really that dark imo. 

Troye Sivan - DKLA - Sonically and lyrically is a good choice for this round, could’ve done with the random feature though. 

Whitney Houston - My Name Is Not Susan - Oop she came on this bitch mad as hell!! I’m not really getting the 80s halloween party vibes though maybe cause I’m not that old. 

Zara Larsson - Right Here - Not really feeling it for this round, it’s also too cute and poppy. 

Fcq76Gl.png

RESULTS

Spoiler

2 hours ago, thecptz said:

Fcq76Gl.png

in 20th place...

with the average of 7.66

Reveal hidden contents

Charli XCX with Good Ones!

congrats!!!

in 19th place...

with the average of 7.74

Reveal hidden contents

Tove Lo with Don't Talk About It!

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

in 18th place...

with the average of 7.84

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with WTF Do I Know!

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 17th place...

with the average of 7.86

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!!

in 16th place...

with the average of 8

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

in 15th place...

with the average of 8.1

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 14th place...

with the average of 8.18

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

in 13th place...

with the average of 8.26

Reveal hidden contents

Whitney Houston with My Name Is Not Susan!

congrats!!

in 12th place...

with the average of 8.58

Reveal hidden contents

serpentwithfeet with wrong tree!

@TruGemini

congrats!!

1 hour ago, thecptz said:

Fcq76Gl.png

in 11th place...

with the average of 8.7

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

in 10th place...

with the average of 8.76

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 9th place...

with the average of 8.92

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 8th place...

with the average of 9.04

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

in 23th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 7.14

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

in 24th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 5.24

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 25th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 5.22

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

in 26th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 4.7

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

in 14th place...

with the average of 8.18

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

in 13th place...

with the average of 8.26

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 12th place...

with the average of 8.58

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

in 7th place...

with the average of 9.06

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 6th place...

with the average of 9.2

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

in 20th place...

with the average of 7.66

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!!

in 19th place...

with the average of 7.74

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

in 18th place...

with the average of 7.84

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 17th place...

with the average of 7.86

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!!

in 16th place...

with the average of 8

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

in 15th place...

with the average of 8.1

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 14th place...

with the average of 8.18

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

in 13th place...

with the average of 8.26

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 12th place...

with the average of 8.58

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 11th place...

with the average of 8.7

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!!

in 10th place...

with the average of 8.76

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

in 9th place...

with the average of 8.92

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 8th place...

with the average of 9.04

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

in 7th place...

with the average of 9.06

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 6th place...

with the average of 9.2

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 5th place...

with the average of 9.36

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

in 4th place...

with the average of 9.4

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

in 21st place... and SAFE

with the average of 7.58

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

in 22nd place... and SAFE

with the average of 7.5

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 9.46

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 2nd place...

with the average of 9.84

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

with the average of 7.58

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

with the average of 7.5

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

and the winner of our first round

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.9

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

with the average of 7.58

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

with the average of 7.5

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

with the average of 7.14

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

with the average of 5.24

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

with the average of 5.22

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

with the average of 4.7

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

in 14th place...

with the average of 8.18

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

in 13th place...

with the average of 8.26

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 12th place...

with the average of 8.58

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 5th place...

with the average of 9.36

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

in 4th place...

with the average of 9.4

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

with the average of 7.58

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

with the average of 7.5

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 9.46

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 2nd place...

with the average of 9.84

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

with the average of 7.58

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

with the average of 7.5

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

and the winner of our first round

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.9

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

with the average of 7.58

Reveal hidden contents

@ughgabriel

congrats!!

with the average of 7.5

Reveal hidden contents

@boys

congrats!!

Fcq76Gl.png

with the average of 7.14

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

with the average of 5.24

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

with the average of 5.22

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

with the average of 4.7

Reveal hidden contents

Fcq76Gl.png

in 14th place...

with the average of 8.18

Reveal hidden contents

f(x) with Red Light!

congrats!!!

in 13th place...

with the average of 8.26

Reveal hidden contents

congrats!!

in 12th place...

with the average of 8.58

Reveal hidden contents

@TruGemini

congrats!!

12 hours ago, Not Like The Movies said:

almost sent tipsy instead of hazy, both works well but wanted to save tipsy for later 

Strategic king 

Fcq76Gl.png

SING-OFF ENTRIES

in the past almost 36 hours, our bottom 4: ginger root, loona, taylor swift, and zara larsson have performed their asses off for our judges

and finally, the judges have all chosen their favorite performance and we have gotten the first sing-off results of the season

where 3 of these people will get eliminated sadly

but first ... lets see what they performed!

first up, Ginger Root performed Mahjong Room with a bloody nose!

Spoiler

next, LOONA who performed Butterfly!

Spoiler

and then, Taylor Swift with Don't Blame Me!

Spoiler

and finishing the first sing-off with Zara Larsson with WOW!

Spoiler

next post, we will announce the results of the first sing-off!

Fcq76Gl.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

first, its judge Mariah Carey

wzEOJVp.png

this is what she has to say:

Send them all home

so powerful... but anyways, she has decided to save......

Ginger Root!

next, its judge Madonna

toBBul1.png

Ginger Root: I hate blood, didn't care for the performance, too distracted by the bloody tissue dangling from his nose.

Zara: Probably the best performance she can offer, fun choreo

Taylor: She's a professional, everything was right in this performance, love how it redeemed your poor dark choice too.

LOONA: Very cute

very wise words, i, too, hate blood. and with that.. madonna has decided to save........

Taylor Swift!

its judge Janelle Monáe's time!

mnHdhXg.png

i was most into Zara's as a whole, ginger root was fun, Taylor was visually pretty, and loona was cute

short and simple! and with that, she has decided to save....

Zara Larsson!

which means with 3 judges gone, our scores are 1 Ginger Root, 1 Taylor Swift and 1 Zara Larsson

2 votes left....

1 minute ago, Kavish said:

Judge Riri and Judge Amy having a discussion backstage!

dog.thumb.png.e07016bf597ee19fb3e029b4a5

The producers are trying to rig the results I fear :sherlock:

Fcq76Gl.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

now with our last 2 judges, Rihanna and Amy Lee

SEg85Ry.pngxBoPgjm.png

both of them have the same decision, so we're gonna hear what they have to say first

judge Rihanna:

I think Zara and Taylor have the best performances, based on the big gap of the results this round; the cinematography in taylors video and the fact that I don’t really like [REDACTED] as a song, I’m leaning towards [REDACTED] so that’s my vote

judge Amy Lee:

Ginger Root : The performance is Lounge-y and I appreciate the song, but is that enough for Diversity? Between this sound and what we have heard so far, it's like I've already got the general gist of Ginger Root's repertoire. Jay-Zicario could not provide a dark song despite the artist having 7 albums + solo projects, so I don't think they have enough material to go that far in the competition.
Zara Larsson : Not sold on the song and the belting is too much at times, but nice choreo.

Taylor Swift : I love the somber aesthetic and the serious ambiance, and the performance is a fitting redemption of Rence's underperforming in the dark round. Out of the 4, he actually had a good average and his artist has more to offer.
LOONA : Aww that was so cute. Love the space theme. It's between this and Taylor's performance for me, but I will have to go with Taylor for reasons mentioned above.

they have made the decision...

and the act they decide to save is........

Spoiler

Taylor Swift!

@Rence

Spoiler

which means i'm sorry, Ginger Root, LOONA, and Zara Larsson.. your time in Diversity 4 is up.

thank you so much for applying :hug: unfortunately, the comeback round has been cancelled due to the increasing of final casts (20 to 26), so it's our goodbye forever in this season! Diversity 5 might be your time!

thank you and goodbye.

Round 2 will be posted around NOON EDT or could be earlier depends on my mood :heart2:

please say your goodbye to our eliminated acts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.