Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

Fcq76Gl.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

let's hear what our judges say about their performance AND who they chose..

last, in a GROUP, they came in pack and basically said the same thing courtesy of judge amy lee!

so please welcome judge Amy Lee, judge Madonna, and judge Mariah Carey!!!

xBoPgjm.pngtoBBul1.pngwzEOJVp.png

this is what they have to say:

luckystrike - Troye Sivan - IN A DREAM : I really like the setting and color schemes. It looks very earthy. Troye's performance was good and it never felt boring despite not much happening. I just found Billie's performance more powerful.

shelven - Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever : Very intense and emotionally stirring. The way the performance switches from calm to chaotic mirrors the lyrics and sound of the song perfectly. It was also fun watching the band and her unleashing towards the end and having a blast together.

Not Like The Movies - Chloe x Halle - Warrior : That was good vocally and entertaining overall, but it didn't have that Chloe x Halle print for me in the way that your first live performance had. It took some time to kick off, and I felt thirsty for more choreo coordination which I think they excel at.

and all 3 of them have chosen to save the same person.

so with the vote of

4-1

congratulations!!!!!

Spoiler

Billie Eilish!

@shelven

you're safe to slay another day! and take this as a wake up call, after the first double wins at the beginning of the competition, you've been starting to kinda stay at the lower safe group or low for these past rounds. i know you can bring it, so please do that!!!! congrats again my love :heart2:

Spoiler

which means Troye Sivan and Chloe x Halle, i'm sorry but your time in Diversity 4 is over.

troye, i'm sad to see you go cause you still have more great tracks to play but billie just ate this sing-off and the twink lover in dessy couldn't save you

chloe x halle, your run in this season has been a roller coaster. you've won twice but you've also ended up in the bottom twice as well. its either doing well or doing not quite well for you and tbh, its been a fun ride watching you play

both troye and chloe x halle.. thanks so much for gracing us with your presence

we will miss you and maybe we'll see each other again :heart2: thank you so much for applying and taking part in Diversity 4 #supportsmallbusiness

but now its time for you to sashay away.

AND WITH THAT, OUR LAST DOUBLE ELIMINATION IS OVER.

FROM NOW ON, WE WILL ONLY HAVE BOTTOM 2 WITH A SINGLE ELIMINATION UP UNTIL THE FINALE.

BRING IT EVERY THEME AND REMEMBER THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE HERE.

NEW THEME POSSIBLY TONIGHT IF THE SITE WORKS WELL

happy for shelven and billie, congrats!! :heart2:

what im going to say has nothing to do with shelven 

but I do find judges that this to be some bull****, if y'all are judging a sing off based on performance, how in the hell did amazing vocalist who also dance and have dancers and multiple instrumentalists, literally that performance had everything but did not get one single vote?? Like as vocalists there is no competition at all, and other aspects like dancing, the stage set and spectacle there is also no competition seriously??? , no i dont want to sound bitter but this is some fckery. like it further proves that black women can be how excellent at everything they do but will never get the recognition of their less talented white counterparts. 

Anyway, perched for the next round :giraffe:

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 8

it's raining outside

we're finally at the latter half of the season now, so congrats all 11 of you to have reached this stage of the competition. what an achievement!

some of us may have been mourning about the eliminations of our fellow competitors, some may have been in their feelings lately

which i think is the right time for this theme which is....

'it's raining outside'

for this round, just imagine what song you would listen to when it rains. you can go with either a sad song OR literally any song that you think.. WOW, this is so perfect listening to when it rains! since the theme is very broad, an explanation may be needed BUT don't go too over the top. sometimes short and simple is more effective than making things long for no particular reason.

an explanation is not required but feel free to explain if your choice if needed, please not do too long.

our lovely judges will score each part: 5 for how it fits the theme and 5 for judges' personal taste. so please do your best, everything counts!

from now on, it will be a SINGLE ELIMINATION. :party:

do your best lovelies and stay away from the bottom 2!

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE!

you can submit your entry only once. however, you can still go back and edit things until the deadline.

if you make any edit in your submission, please ping me in the thread or on discord x

you will have 24 hours for this. no extension will be granted x

DEADLINE: 11PM ET ON SATURDAY 20TH NOVEMBER

if you have any questions, feel free to leave them here or DM me.

good luck and have fun :heart2:

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 8 (it's raining outside)

ENTRIES

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Aaliyah - I Care 4 U

Spoiler

Rain can evoke many emotions, and for me, this song is like a perfect blend of the both comfort and sadness of rain. Sonically, the ballad has beautiful echoes, tender wind chimes & nature sounds, and hauntingly mellifluous vocals that remind me of a rainy day. Lyrically, Aaliyah speaks to a man who is hurting and upset, but just like the cleansing nature of rain, she is ready to soothe his emotional wounds and care for him in the future.

Billie Eilish - i love you

Spoiler

"I Love You" perfectly describes the deep, heartbreaking sadness of losing someone you love and wishing you had never started to love them in the first place just so you could avoid the pain you now feel. Although Billie has her fair share of sad songs, I chose this one because it has an intimate, introspective feel to it that I think best captures the imagery of a rainy day. The instrumental is soft and gentle and the melody evokes a melancholic, quiet type of sadness as opposed to the dramatic, intense sadness that other ballads often try to go for. This more intimate approach feels perfect for staring out the window by yourself on a gloomy, rainy day, as you let yourself feel your sadness and acknowledge your heartbreak.

Charli XCX - Stay Away

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

Spoiler

I'd listen to this when it rains

Red Velvet - One of These Nights

Spoiler

This single tells a story of heartbreak and longing, drawing inspiration from tragic folklore about two lovers who were separated and only allowed to meet once a year.

In a round that asks for sadness, language can present a barrier; however, emotion is universal and I love how they express the sorrow and despair of the lovers through their vocals.

English translation:  https://lyricskpop.net/lyrics/red-velvet-one-of-these-nights-english-translation/

Shakira - Tú

Spoiler

Lyrically, "Tu" is about Shakira begging her lover to not leave her again as she would be unable to live without him, and proclaiming that she would be willing to give every part of herself to him as long as he stays by her side. It's a sad, somber and dramatic song both lyrically (given that her words come from a place of insecurity and fear) and sonically, which I believe makes it a good fit for this round. The overall mood of the song lends itself perfectly to a dark, cold rainy day. I can imagine myself listening to this song on such a day while longingly looking out of a window and imagining life without somebody I love, be it a lover, a friend, a family member, etc.

English translation: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Shakira/Tú/translation/english

Shania Twain - When

Spoiler

It’s the kind of song you listen to while cleaning the house on a rainy saturday afternoon, and by the end of the song you’ve stopped cleaning and you’re just staring out the window crying about how y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ they’ll never make up and get back together because everything she’s described is impossible :nickicry:

Sufjan Stevens - Fourth of July

Spoiler

This song is written as a conversation between Sufjan and his mother after she died of cancer, which caused him to grapple with the fact that life is temporary and death is inevitable.

Taylor Swift - Clean

Spoiler

~ Rain came pouring down. When I was drowning, that’s when I could finally breathe. ~

Tinashe - Stormy Weather

Spoiler

It's themed around a storm taking place and the production exhibits windy-like weather effects throughout the chorus which adds to the atmosphere. The song's soothing tone also goes well with rainy weather while staying inside and relaxing.

Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing

Spoiler

A very emotional and melancholic song, this is what I listen to sitting at the corner of my window looking out and seeing the water droplets fall from the sky and land on my window, the water slowly falling down the window as Whitney belts this ballad.

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (2pm ET on monday 22nd) to judge your entries!!

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 8 (it's raining outside)

ENTRIES

for judges' critiques list

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Aaliyah - I Care 4 U

Charli XCX - Stay Away

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

Shakira - Tú

Shania Twain - When

Taylor Swift - Clean

Tinashe - Stormy Weather

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (2pm ET on monday 22nd) to judge your entries!!

@Overprotected @Dessy @Navyofbadgals @Staryu @Kavish

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, shelven said:

Hey Siri, define "mellifluous"

Drag me

Is that... auburn writing an explanation?

ohh-wow.gif

6 hours ago, Dessy said:

ohh-wow.gif

yasss

6 hours ago, Dessy said:

ohh-wow.gif

I couldn't stop the story spilling from my fingertips

Qhb3qvm.png

I'm such a useless judge, I'm sorry, I've asked multiple times to be fired. 

Spoiler

Aaliyah - I Care 4 U
Glad you sent this over Miss You, Miss You gives me sunny vibes, this one is definitely more somber and gloomy, and also this is the better song. 

This is actually really pretty and (not literally) screams rainy day music to me.

Charli XCX - Stay Away
Legit one of my favorite Charli songs, great choice, stay away (from the crown Krystal Versace).

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away
One of my favorite Miley songs, underrated!! Very somber and relaxed, perfect for a rainy day.

The orchestra or w/e on this is very pretty and I love the piano, definitely get rainy day vibes from this.

Shakira - Tú
This sounds sad, so it fits the theme, I'm not always a fan of Shakira's tone, the production makes it sound like a 90s country song at times.

Shania Twain - When
Love your explanation for this and I agree with it. I've always loved the chorus of this song, it's very nice. 

This has a very rainy day vibe, some of these choices actually make me see sadness, sitting by a window watching the rain.

We're all gonna die, very depressing, good job!

Taylor Swift - Clean
Such a beautiful song, top 3 from 1989. Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams.

Tinashe - Stormy Weather
I've always loved this song title and it's perfect for a rainy theme, I feel like the production works too, it's a different vibe but I can see the rainy day vibe. 

My favorite Whitney ballad, I have nothing (but the rain). I love to belt this song in the shower, which is also like rain, wow perfect choice. 

:dancehall3::dancehall3::dancehall3:

I stand by Ms. Staryu and demand that her wishes to be removed from the panel and have her scores cancelled for this round be respected
9nKzT.gif

Edited by Opulent

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

Spoiler

Aaliyah - fit wise on point, the instrumental on this is quite cool at points and truly evokes a rainy feel, sadly I do feel like this was a bit boring to me at points, but overall cute song and great fit

Billie Eilish - one of her prettiest, compared to the rest of the production on WWAFAWDWG, the lowkey production really works well here, very pretty song!

Charli XCX - no explanation means no critique i fear.. 

Miley Cyrus - Still Miley's best ballad. Absolutely gorgeous song.. was still a lowkey OMCH back then but this was just too good to ignore even back in the day

Red Velvet - hey queen! Girl you have done it again. Constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. i’d say i’m surprised but i know who you are. i’ve seen it up close and personal. girl you make me so proud.

Shakira - cute fit and I appreciate the risk but this.. was very monotone and boring to me sadly

Shania Twain - didn't like it at all but the guitar work near the end was a lovely little twist and somewhat saved the song for me x

Sufjan Stevens - very lowkey but very pretty too! Don't know if this is a winner but I enjoyed it

The Music Industry - I am a swiftie

Tinashe - THE best of the round hands down, such a good fit that I have to tank everyone else here, and it's also my fav Tinashe song too. SO good

Whitney Houston - CPG

@Element @shelven @clue @boys @mokitsu @Opulent @Auburn @Noah @Rence @Tom Vercetti @PinkBox

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.