Foxes - 'The Kick'

Supervillain

2 hours ago, Jennifer Lawrence said:

I wonder if "The Kick" is a reference to "The Kick Inside" by her fave Kate Bush :WAP:

Came here to say that :loki:

Anyway, that's a great album title, perched for this

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Supervillain

• Edibles.

• dangerousalex

2 hours ago, Vicki said:

Confirmed for the album are:

'Sister Ray' - Lead single

'The Kick' - Title track, recently registered along with 'Sister Ray' and 6 other new songs

Possibly (and probably) on the album will be:

'Absolute' - One of the new songs that were registered recently

'Body Suit' - One of the new songs that were registered recently

'Dance Magic' - One of the new songs that were registered recently

'Forgive Yourself' - One of the new songs that were registered recently

'Potential' - One of the new songs that were registered recently

'Two Kinds Of Silence' - One of the new songs that were registered recently

'Growing On Me' - Performed live in April therefore will be released most likely

'Gentleman' - Snippet of a new version was teased also in April therefore will be released most likely

We LIVE for iconic titles, can’t wait to be broken, getting Devil Side and On My Way vibes from Forgive Yourself and Two Kinds of Silence

Edited by thedamnking

YESSSSS. Five months is far away, but I kinda expected her to drop singles for like a year before there would be an album, so this is a win in my book!:duca:

I'm glad we already have the date and title. I like an era planned and ready to go from the start

Was expecting this to be a 2022 release but not that the date is confirmed I’m strapping in for the pushbacks :priceless:

8 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

So happy there's an official album announcement though, especially after the "somehow more drawn out than her previous 2 albums" weird rollout in 2020/this year for just an EP.

I don't understand. Why wasn't the EP an album? We certainly waited long enough. 

7 hours ago, Scandalous said:

is she still working with easyfun or danny l harle or one of those guys for this :jonny:

Was she at one point?

7 hours ago, Edibles. said:

No I think this is all done with Ghost Culture, the same guy that did Sister GrammRay

I hope that she keeps up with the dreamy uptempos she excels in that and it's essentially her artistry lane. 

5 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

All I Need had a torturous rollout but this is just as bad. 

Cruel deserved better. 

Shoot Me Down and Lose My Cool were the hits that got away.

Better Love, Body Talk and Feet Don't Fail Me Now deserved to be global smashes.

I'm just happy that we got a glorious.mp3 lead single, an album and official release date. This kind of rollout is actually unprecedented for her. So because it seems like that their is a plan I have faith in her and just know that she's gonna deliver the goods.

44 minutes ago, paradisedarkness said:

IF SISTER RAY WONT GET AT LEAST TWO GRAMMY'S...

THE BEST SONG IN HER CARRER I- :clap3::psyduck:

:rip: not someone caring about winning grammys in 2021... 

52 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

:rip: not someone caring about winning grammys in 2021... 

We need GP to know this song and we cannot do this with payola...

Ugh it's gonna be a long wait but this album will be such a welcome relief in dreary February!

Five months is NOT entirely that long. They have to make physicals some way and the with how the pandemic is going, it’s just the way it is. There’s a lot of releases planned from now until February to keep your small attention spans content :clap3:

I got the press release so I can confirm title and date are true! In addition:

Foxes worked on a sound that was very close to her euphoric, dance floor-filling pop roots, which gave us hits like "Let Go For Tonight", "Youth" and "Body Talk ". The first single "Sister Ray" with the anthemic and electronic approach, produced by Ghost Culture (Daniel Avery, Kelly Lee Owens), is inspired by the Velvet Underground song of the same name. "The velvet underground reference is a nod to describing the most debauched night you could ever imagine but in its spirit it's a celebration of the people you can have those indescribable times with," says Foxes. “'Sister Ray' came from a wild part of me during lockdown that was craving a night of freedom and fun again, a longing to let go. I wanted to encapsulate that energy in a song so I could imagine that feeling forever. " More information about the album will follow soon!

:allears:

1 hour ago, Edibles. said:

Five months is NOT entirely that long. They have to make physicals some way and the with how the pandemic is going, it’s just the way it is. There’s a lot of releases planned from now until February to keep your small attention spans content :clap3:

a drip feed era but with an actual date :clap3:

maybe there is a god

Can't believe there are so many people in here (given her career in the past 5 years)

At least she still has us :heart2: