Jen Aniston will not attend Emmys for safety reasons

nostalgia

Jennifer Aniston revealed on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that she will not be attending the 2021 Emmys on Sunday, citing her personal safety as the pandemic continues.

As part of HBO Max's "Friends" reunion, she's nominated in the variety special (prerecorded) category alongside Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer and other producers.

"No, I will not be going," she told Jimmy Kimmel on Monday night, adding that producer and director Ben Winston will attend and accept on her behalf, if the "Friends" reunion wins. "This is a big step for me to just be here. Just baby steps."

The open-air event will take place in a high-end tent on the L.A. Live deck, next to the Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles. Proof of vaccination and a negative COVID test result are also required for each person attending.

sub-buzz-554-1631627499-1.jpg?downsize=7

https://www.today.com/popculture/jennifer-aniston-not-attending-emmy-awards-citing-personal-safety-t231071?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

There's little to no risk when you're outside as long as you're sitting away from people. With a mask on and outside? Practically impossible to get it.

I'm convinced it's the proof of vaccination requirement that's spooking some of these celebs (not necessarily with Aniston).

I wish people realized that it also is very effective against long COVID, which is the scariest thing if you're young and wouldn't die from it or be hospitalized. Do you really want to feel like you had a concussion for months?

I don't keep up with her but she's seemed fairly over celebrity life for a minute so I wouldn't be surprised if she's using it as an excuse not to go. Not because she isn't vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, Protocol said:

There's little to no risk when you're outside as long as you're sitting away from people. With a mask on and outside? Practically impossible to get it.

I'm convinced it's the proof of vaccination requirement that's spooking some of these celebs (not necessarily with Aniston).

I wish people realized that it also is very effective against long COVID, which is the scariest thing if you're young and wouldn't die from it or be hospitalized. Do you really want to feel like you had a concussion for months?

People would probably be coming up to her all the time. Pretty sure she was telling everyone to get vaccinated so that would be a shock if she wasn’t lol 

7 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I don't keep up with her but she's seemed fairly over celebrity life for a minute so I wouldn't be surprised if she's using it as an excuse not to go. Not because she isn't vaccinated.

Nah, I remember on her someone posted something about her wanting to cut off all her friends who aren't vaccinated. She's just being cautious.

4 minutes ago, Timber said:

Nah, I remember on her someone posted something about her wanting to cut off all her friends who aren't vaccinated. She's just being cautious.

Or it’s easily a Planted story to cover up the fact she’s an anti vaxxer it can go both ways with these stories really 

14 minutes ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

Or it’s easily a Planted story to cover up the fact she’s an anti vaxxer it can go both ways with these stories really 

No . Aniston confirmed that she got vaccinated already

610d47d709aad.jpg

6 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Okay but she was fine going last year when there was no vaccine at all…

She didn’t go last year, it was virtual.

OT: Legend should do what makes her comfortable.

2 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

She didn’t go last year, it was virtual.

OT: Legend should do what makes her comfortable.

This was done virtually?

11 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

This was done virtually?

That was one bit though, most of the ceremony was virtual I think?

I didn’t watch it but when Zendaya won it looked like she and the nominees were all in different rooms. Seems like this year it’s a bigger thing.

49 minutes ago, nostalgia said:

No . Aniston confirmed that she got vaccinated already

610d47d709aad.jpg

America's sweetheart indeed

:clap3:

1 hour ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

You tried didn’t you. :deadbanana2:

iirc she's a big smoker (or was?) and she's in her 50s, i can see why she'd be cautious while covid is still running rampant. vaccine lowers the risk of serious complications but it doesn't prevent them entirely and this might be a safety precaution she feels is necessary

1 hour ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

You tried didn’t you. :deadbanana2:

same for the MET gala, people assume not attending = not vaccinated :rip: can y'all stop and actually be aware that you can STILL get it even if you are vaccinated and these events do have MORE people than the typical allowed in most gatherings. who knows if everyone was submitting valid proof? just look at the audience of VMAs :skull:

Ă—
Ă—