• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Kavish

• Dessy

• Overprotected

Group B

Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel
I’ve never heard this song before, but it’s a good R&B song. I can see why this is regarded as a classic. 

Britney Spears - Piece of Me
I’m going to be honest - I’ve never cared for this song. Blackout has so many other great songs in comparison to this. I do like what the song represents to Britney considering what she was going through during this time though. 

Rihanna - Work
I couldn’t stand this song when it first came out ndndnd But it grew on me and now I shake my ass every time it comes on.

Ciara - Oh
This song brings back so many good memories for me. A bit dated, yes, but I still love it. A classic I fear!

The Weeknd - Starboy
This song was always one that I didn’t seek out on my own but I enjoyed when it would come on and know a lot of the words? 

Young Money - BedRock
My best friend overplayed this **** when it was released and I hated the song then. I can’t deny that the chorus is catchy though, and the best part of the song is Mrs. Clyde’s verse.

Nicki Minaj - Starships
Eugh this is… grating now. Definitely a song of it’s time. But a classic nonetheless. 

Mariah Carey - Loverboy
This is… okay. There really isn’t much to say about this one. 

Leona Lewis - Happy 
At least one of us is. 

Katy Perry - Wide Awake
I’m not a huge fan of ballads as it is, so a Katy Perry ballad isn’t any better. With that said, this is better than I remember it being.

Beyoncé - Baby Boy 
Island gyal island gyal. I remember how in love I was with this song the summer it came out. I still love it to this day. 

Missy Elliott - Work It 
One of my favorites by Misdemeanor herself. A true classic. 

Madonna - Ray of Light
Not one of my favorite Madonna singles from this time period, but I have a special spot for this somehow. 

Kelis - Milkshake
A ****ing classic. That’s all that needs to be said. 

Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me
This song is extremely cute. It reminds me of early 2000’s cheesy romcoms. A simpler time. 

Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am
One of the few Billie songs I enjoy. 

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
I was so sick of this song by the time its run was almost over. And why is it 8 minutes long? 

Kanye West - Heartless
I still really enjoy this song - which is weird considering the auto-tune should have aged it considerably. 

Edited by Guero

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR GROUP A

59NWyRg.png

Spoiler

Taylor Swift - Love Story
A timeless hit, the way Radio use to play the same song on 5 different stations, simultaneously, yes this was one of those.

Belinda-06.15.20-Philipp-Plein-4.gif?fit=720,405&ssl=1

'Cause we were both young when I first saw you.... Un clásico

Brandy - Top Of The World
I never got into Brandy past Put It Down, but I can see why this became big. Love her execution of the melodies, and her layering

this is a great addition to one of my personal playlist, gracias

P!nk - Get the Party Started
I thought I never heard this song but I'm remembering I do now when I was young af. A bold entry and this cute, will I replay, a lo mejorrr...

Belinda-06.15.20-Philipp-Plein-7.gif?fit=720,405&ssl=1

TLC - Baby Baby Baby
I enjoyed this song. It's laid back but the harmonies and riffs really serves punches when they need to. me encantóóóó

The Go Go’s - We Got the Beat

The lashings this is getting from the competitors isn't cute because it's unwarranted to drag this. Enjoyed the little guitar solo. The outro could've been delivered differently; it is the only let down imo, but I am playing this when I go to the beach

TLC - Red Light Special
This group can't do no wrong, enjoyed the pacing of this a lot and loved the guitar solo before the bridge section.

I may agree with the competitors and rank this one higher than BBB

Mariah Carey - Shake It Off
I actually never heard this one before but I'm not surprised why it was big. Her lyricism>>>

The vocal touches towards the end of the song are heavenly y me gustaaa

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
This brought back nostalgia at first but now it's just cringe to me

Belinda-06.15.20-Philipp-Plein-6.gif?fit=720,405&ssl=1

There's something unbearably juvenile with the instrumentation and lyrics as well. I don't use this from the album-skip

#Justice4Anaconda

Christina Millan - Dip It Low
I think it's because of her delivery but this sounds like a demo. Who did her like this?

It didn't make me like the song, perdón

Janet Jackson - Let’s Wait Awhile
I really enjoyed the chorus. That little whistle sound like twinkle in the instrumental is appealing & thoroughly enjoyed the outro too. She's a legend for a reason

WILLOW - Whip My Hair

Whew,

belinda-belinda-peregrin.gif
the impact the video had, the paint; the production this girl was handed just for a debut single is mind-boggling compared to what major labels drop nowadays. Lucky submission cause it's Fantásticoooo 

Bastille - Pompeii
This too straight catering for me y I don't even remember this being big but eh eh oh eh es un no para mi

Sophie Ellis Bextor - Take Me Home
Cute girl pero....

I don't see the hype.

ABBA - I Have A Dream
This sounds too dated. I try to see the praise but I'm not really a fan of this sound

Belinda via Instagram 06.15.20 - Top Entretenimiento

another dud

Madonna - Hollywood
Okay Madge:clap3: I didn't expect the GP at that time would bop to something like this. The outro voice should've been deleted but besides that me encanto

Fifth Harmony - Work from Home
This aged pretty nicely honestly. Lauren & Dinah stomped y the bass & instrumental still slap to this day. Me gusta

Taylor Swift - Today Was A Fairytale

How did this become big?

Did her dad pay all that radio payola and copies at that time? I didn't know this song existed but no me gusta

belinda-belinda-pop.gif

13 minutes ago, Zolvnski said:

59NWyRg.png

Reveal hidden contents

A timeless hit, the way Radio use to play the same song on 5 different stations, simultaneously, yes this was one of those.

I never got into Brandy past Put It Down, but I can see why this became big. Love her execution of the melodies, and her layering

I thought I never heard this song but I'm remembering I do now when I was young af. A bold entry and this cute, will I replay, a lo mejorrr...

TLC - Baby Baby Baby
I enjoyed this song. It's laid back but the harmonies and riffs really serves punches when they need to. me encantóóóó

The lashings this is getting from the competitors isn't cute because it's unwarranted to drag this. Enjoyed the little guitar solo. The outro could've been delivered differently; it is the only let down imo, but I am playing this when I go to the beach

TLC - Red Light Special
This group can't do no wrong, enjoyed the pacing of this a lot and loved the guitar solo before the bridge section.

I actually never heard this one before but I'm not surprised why it was big. Her lyricism>>>

There's something unbearably juvenile with the instrumentation and lyrics as well. I don't use this from the album-skip

#Justice4Anaconda

I think it's because of her delivery but this sounds like a demo. Who did her like this?

I really enjoyed the chorus. That little whistle sound like twinkle in the instrumental is appealing & thoroughly enjoyed the outro too. She's a legend for a reason

WILLOW - Whip My Hair

Whew,

the impact the video had, the paint; the production this girl was handed just for a debut single is mind-boggling compared to what major labels drop nowadays. Lucky submission cause it's Fantásticoooo 

Bastille - Pompeii
This too straight catering for me y I don't even remember this being big but eh eh oh eh es un no para mi

Cute girl pero....

I don't see the hype.

ABBA - I Have A Dream
This sounds too dated. I try to see the praise but I'm not really a fan of this sound

another dud

Madonna - Hollywood
Okay Madge:clap3: I didn't expect the GP at that time would bop to something like this. The outro voice should've been deleted but besides that me encanto

This aged pretty nicely honestly. Lauren & Dinah stomped y the bass & instrumental still slap to this day. Me gusta

How did this become big?

Did her dad pay all that radio payola and copies at that time? I didn't know this song existed but no me gusta

belinda-belinda-pop.gif

I love your critiques so much :dies: 

KJmL6Ye_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

This is very cute. I don’t think there is anything about this song that I would deem as amazing because, to me, it is just pretty and correct. Nice song. A little corny. I just heard this song for the first time last year so I don’t have any emotions attached to it, so I guess that’s why I’m not crazy over it.

Brandy - Top of the World

Not the biggest R&B fan but her voice is really pretty! I’m vibing to this. It kind of nostalgic to think of the days where I’d go to the mall with my mom and this type of songs would play at every store. I dig it!

Hehe, this is not for me c:

TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby

Wow! I loved this song! First time listening and there was something very mesmerizing and hypnotizing about it. It progressively got better and better. I will be saving this for sure! Ok… now the song is finishing, is there a radio edit or something cause :coma: 

This is fun and beachy. Reminds me of the B52s. This is the type of music I expected Lorde to deliver tbh

TLC - Red Light Special

Well, I love the instrumental! It reminds me of MJ’s Human Nature but the vocals are a little too soft for my liking. I needed more passion and dynamism. I kept wanting more from this. But it’s cute!

This is the type of R&B that I don’t really enjoy. It’s too chill for me and a little monotonous. There are barely any noticeable progressions throughout the song so I get bored and wish this was an interlude. Love her voice though!

Kind of cute! I used not to like her back in the day but this has grown a bit. It’s silly but fun and has a lot of personality. 

Christina Milian - Dip It Low

I think the melody is really nice on this one. However, I feel like the production is a bit messy and since English is not my first language I was not very familiar to this type of music during the 2000s which is the era I think this is from (?) so im my head it doesn’t make a lot of sense

This is very dreamy and has a very hypnotizing quality. I really need to listen more from her!

WILLOW - Whip My Hair

I don’t think this song is -objectively- good but it’s so energic and fun that I think that’s what is able to sell it. I also have really good memories from elementary school attached to this song so I dig it!

Bastille - Pompeii

There is something about that prechorus that I absolutely adore but that chorus is utter garbage, the “eh-eh-oh-eh-oh” chanting can be heard at hell’s gates. Absolutely vomit inducing. But that prechorus is amazing!!!

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Take Me Home

WINNER!

ABBA - I Have A Dream

What an insult to MLK!!

Madonna - Hollywood

This is really interesting! The delivery is really cool, it almost feels as if she was telling you a story and that’s really captivating. I like the production as well!

Fifth Harmony - Work From Home

I remember I was so surprised when this was released because I had a really bad impression of this group because Worth It is so :deadbanana: but I was OBSESSED when this came out. I would play it on repeat all the time and it’s still a jam!

This is cheesy but I think that’s part of its charm. I think I prefer her other song here but this is cute!

UirdsX3.png

Hello x

GROUP A

Spoiler

Taylor Swift - Love Story - Not a fan of her early country music tbh, it’s just so idk juvenile and her voice annoys me. This is a bit of a classic though I’ll admit and I like the key change I guess.

Brandy - Top Of The World - Well this didn’t leave a big impression on me but it’s a cute bop, I might rank high depending on how bad this group really is :notes: 

P!nk - Get the Party Started - I’m an OPH so I am glad this song is actually turrible enough for me to tank it. I’m not sure what she was trying to achieve here, it sounds disjointed. 

TLC - Baby Baby Baby - Um it definitely overstays its welcome and it doesn’t go anywhere but it does have some cute melodies, I enjoyed it a little bit overall. 

The Go Go’s - We Got the Beat - This is an interesting unexpected choice. It’s a classic for sure but it doesn’t do much for me ngl. 

TLC - Red Light Special - This is hot, I enjoyed the bridge and the guitar solo :lemmelistening: 

Mariah Carey - Shake It Off - YAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - Ugh I really wanted to continue living my life without ever listening to this song again.

Christina Millan - Dip It Low - Dated and kinda tacky but it bops a little. Maybe it’s high camp actually. 

Janet Jackson - Let’s Wait Awhile - Perhaps the only song I skip from this classic album, her ballads rarely do it for me and I don’t regret giving this a 0 on her discography rate :demon:

WILLOW - Whip My Hair - I’m gonna pass on this one, the chorus is incredibly annoying and her delivery on the verses is kinda cringy.

Bastille - Pompeii - Glee did it better I fear. This is a bit too straight for me sis but it’s not completely awful! 

Sophie Ellis Bextor - Take Me Home - YAAAAAASSSSSSSSS (2) British disco queen.

ABBA - I Have A Dream - This is not something I would listen to on my own but it does put me in a nostalgic mood so points for that.

Madonna - Hollywood - Always has been one of my faves from her, I love the guitar line, the electronic elements and the switch up near the end :lemmelistening: 

Fifth Harmony - Work from Home - A classic? Idk but I never liked this, turrible group.

Taylor Swift - Today Was A Fairytale - Refer to my Love Story critique except this doesn’t even have the classic factor to it. Maybe if you had sent ME!

GROUP B

Spoiler

Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel - Legend. This song was very cute, the chorus melody is especially pleasant. Maybe it’s time for me to dive into her discography. 

Britney Spears - Piece of Me - A timeless classic from Miss bad media karma, another day another drama, guess she can’t see no harm and working and being a good mama :fewpoints: 

Rihanna - Work - Another classic omg group b girls I’m sorry the randomizer did this to y’all.

Ciara - Oh - Well this was a bore. Hope it was a good lap dance though!

The Weeknd - Starboy - I remember liking this more it aged a bit I’m afraid.

Young Money - BedRock - Choices were made here, this is something I don’t wish to listen to ever again.

Nicki Minaj - Starships - Dated, aged, cheap and yet it’s still a massive bop, why?

Mariah Carey - Loverboy - Yasssss the way the remix really gives the song a more fun energy that the original kinda lacks. 

Leona Lewis - Happy - Well the bops are over, I am not a fan of this type of piano ballads at all, unless they feature interesting chord progressions. 

Katy Perry - Wide Awake - Ethereal classic, one of her best songs me thinks.

Beyoncé - Baby Boy - It started as a bit of a bop but it got a bit too repetitive near the end, 

Missy Elliot - Work It - An absolute classic :wap: 

Madonna - Ray Of Light - And another one :wap: she came on this bitch mad as hell. 

Kelis - Milkshake - That was a classic.gif This aged so well too. 

Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me - Never heard this before tbh but it was a cute 90s discovery, it’s tough competition in this group but I might still rank this high.

Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am - I admit I bop to this but it just doesn’t measure up against all these classics sorry.

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors - I’m not obsessed, it was kinda cute for like the first 3 minutes but I zoned out after, also something about the mixing makes his voice kinda annoying to me.

Kanye West - Heartless - I hate the autotune effect on his voice, overall I found this low key unlistenable and tuneless. 

rankings sent, whew chile that was tough 

Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel

I like it. It's Good. Nothing much to say with this.

Britney Spears - Piece of Me

I liked to watch the video of this in TV. I was obsessed with. But I'm not a big fan of I used to be in the past....

Rihanna - Work

I really liked it. I get the complain of the "work work" been repetitve since it can get tiring quick which I guess is the main reason LOTB and Needed Me have way better recurrent streams (in Spotify). But I'm navy so I'm bi8ased with this.

Ciara - Oh

I ended liking this way more than expected.

The Weeknd - Starboy

I love this song. I like most of his singles in general.

Young Money - BedRock

It wasn't as Bad I as expected it has it's but definetely is one of the weakest here. So you are probably getting kicked out.

Nicki Minaj - Starships

I still liked a lot. This was the first Nicki's song Ilstened so I have a lot of Nostalgia with it.

Mariah Carey - Loverboy

I was liked this type of song for a reason.

Leona Lewis - Happy

It feels out of Place with all this other songs mood in here. I actually like it.

Katy Perry - Wide Awake

Deserved to be #1. I remember when listening this for the 1st time after watching the movie. Honestly I think Katy deserved to have 8 #1s for all that era. And I say this been OKPYAH (Obsessed Katy Perra YouTube Algorithm Hater). 

Beyoncé - Baby Boy

I remember listening this a lot when I discover it while I was starting in Stan Culture. But I don't like this as much I used to be.

Missy Elliot - Work It

Queen of Hip-Hop, she did that!  :falcon:

Madonna - Ray Of Light

Queen of Pop, she did that! :loki:

Kelis - Milkshake

A bop, it's great I remember hearing this in Mean Girls for first time :gaycatina1:

Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me

First time listening. I like.

Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am

I'm into this kind songs. I'm been listening a lot lately.

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors

I love this song.gif

Kanye West - Heartless

A CLASSIC! 

The difference in quality is so Big like Really HUGE between Group A and Group B. There are 8 songs in Group B I like more than the song that would have been my #1 in Group A. :psyduck:

Is this the biggest difference in quality between 2 Groups in Vanishing Letters? :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Zolvnski said:

59NWyRg.png

Reveal hidden contents

TLC - Baby Baby Baby

TLC - Red Light Special

#Justice4Anaconda

WILLOW - Whip My Hair

Whew,

Bastille - Pompeii

Cute girl pero....

I don't see the hype.

ABBA - I Have A Dream

another dud

Madonna - Hollywood

How did this become big?

belinda-belinda-pop.gif

Amazing banner btw. Really glows up on mobile. 

2 hours ago, Jay-Zicario said:

The difference in quality is so Big like Really HUGE between Group A and Group B. There are 8 songs in Group B I like more than the song that would have been my #1 in Group A. :psyduck:

Is this the biggest difference in quality between 2 Groups in Vanishing Letters? :deadbanana2:

well @clue said the same 

2 minutes ago, clue said:

I just said this is the best round

moLwzfJ.gif

oops

moLwzfJ.gif

9 hours ago, mokitsu said:

I love your critiques so much :dies: 

Thanks Bestie, I'm ready for the reveals and lash more music 

LyIFCdf.gif

6 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Amazing banner btw. Really glows up on mobile. 

Thank you & you're right, it does with the grindr theme especially too:gaycat1:

Taylor Swift - Love Story: k kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Brandy - Top Of The World: naur kdQwfH6.jpg?1

P!nk - Get the Party Started: yikes kdQwfH6.jpg?1

TLC - Baby Baby Baby: snooze kdQwfH6.jpg?1

The Go Go’s - We Got the Beat: ha kdQwfH6.jpg?1

TLC - Red Light Special: well..kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Mariah Carey - Shake It Off: Yes kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off: ughkdQwfH6.jpg?1

Christina Millan - Dip It Low: Yep kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Janet Jackson - Let’s Wait Awhile: let's not kdQwfH6.jpg?1

WILLOW - Whip My Hair: yass kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Bastille - Pompeii: never kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Sophie Ellis Bextor - Take Me Home: i guess kdQwfH6.jpg?1

ABBA - I Have A Dream: cute kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Madonna - Hollywood: yuck kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Fifth Harmony - Work from Home: sure kdQwfH6.jpg?1

Taylor Swift - Today Was A Fairytale: mhm kdQwfH6.jpg?1

generally positive down to mixed reviews for me :gayriahcat2:

oh great, the dealine is when i get off work. i hope R3 is posted right after. :celestial4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.