Most Underrated contemporary Singer-Songwriter?

lostcause

Who’s songcraft is most underrated in recent memory?

I would have to say Florence Welch. Her lyricism is transcendent and her melodies are incredibly moving. I think she is one of the best songwriters of the 21st century thus far. I think she will be one of those acts who don’t get the praise they deserve until way after their peak. Dog Days ushered in a new sound when it was released, sounding like nothing else on the radio. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s cited as an influence by many upcoming artists in the future, but as of now she’s painfully underrated. Who else?

hunger and sky full of song GIF by Florence And The Machine

I would have to say Taylor Swift. Her lyricism is transcendent and her melodies are incredibly moving. I think she is one of the best songwriters of the 21st century thus far. I think she will be one of those acts who don’t get the praise they deserve until way after their peak. Folklore ushered in a new sound when it was released, sounding like nothing else on the radio. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s cited as an influence by many upcoming artists in the future, but as of now she’s painfully underrated.

I would have to say Bebe Rexha. Her lyricism is transcendent and her melodies are incredibly moving. I think she is one of the best songwriters of the 21st century thus far. I think she will be one of those acts who don’t get the praise they deserve until way after their peak. Expectations ushered in a new sound when it was released, sounding like nothing else on the radio. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s cited as an influence by many upcoming artists in the future, but as of now she’s painfully underrated.

42 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Vanessa Carlton and my good sis @private radio will agree

exactly sis :jonny5: the way she was DRAGGED for her diary style writing for Harmonium only for singer-songwriters to be praised for it now, she paved the way i fear

• #FreeBritney Activist

I would have to say Mariah Carey. Her lyricism is transcendent and her melodies are incredibly moving. I think she is one of the best songwriters of the 21st century thus far. I think she will be one of those acts who don’t get the praise they deserve until way after their peak. Butterfly ushered in a new sound when it was released, sounding like nothing else on the radio. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s cited as an influence by many upcoming artists in the future, but as of now she’s painfully underrated.

I would have to say SZA. Her lyricism is transcendent and her melodies are incredibly moving. I think she is one of the best songwriters of the 21st century thus far. I think she will be one of those acts who don’t get the praise they deserve until way after their peak. CTRL ushered in a new sound when it was released, sounding like nothing else on the radio. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s cited as an influence by many upcoming artists in the future, but as of now she’s painfully underrated. 

9 hours ago, AMIT said:

Angel Olsen

Stream Gloria :cm:

I live for Angel Olsen. Definitely up there on the list of underrated songwriters :heart:

I would have to say Lana Del Rey. Her lyricism is transcendent and her melodies are incredibly moving. I think she is one of the best songwriters of the 21st century thus far. I think she will be one of those acts who don’t get the praise they deserve until way after their peak. Norman ****ing Rockwell ushered in a new sound when it was released, sounding like nothing else on the radio. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s cited as an influence by many upcoming artists in the future, but as of now she’s painfully underrated. 

14 hours ago, Keeandga said:

Nicola Roberts she only has one album, but the album is amazing and underrated. 

OMG Yes, I was going to say Nicola, her album is still one of the best debut albums ever.