THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD FOR THE ETERNALS SPOILER. STOP MAKING NEW ONES.

Coldplay - ‘Music of the Spheres’

gustavothehuman

ALBUM COVER

Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres (Official) - playlist by Coldplay | Spotify

TRACKLIST

1. Music of the Spheres (stylized as Saturn.svg)
  2. Higher Power
  3. Humankind
  4. Alien Choir (stylized as Noto Emoji KitKat 2728.svg)
  5. Let Somebody Go [with Selena Gomez]
  6. Human Heart (stylized as A perfect SVG heart.svg) [with We Are KING & Jacob Collier]
  7. People of the Pride
  8. Biutyful
  9. Music of the Spheres II (stylized as Emoji u1f30e.svg)
  10. My Universe [with BTS]
  11. Infinity Sign (stylized as Infinite.svg)
  12. Coloratura

MAIN PERSONNEL

Spoiler

Coldplay

• Chris Martin
  • Guy Berryman
  • Jonny Buckland
  • Will Champion

Max Martin
Oscar Holter
Bill Rahko
Rik Simpson
Daniel Green

BACKGROUND

Spoiler

The idea for a space-themed record had been envisioned by the band at the time Everyday Life was released, in November 2019. One of the hints was hidden within the booklet of the physical vinyl and digibook editions of the album, in which a black and white billboard in a field advertises "Music of the Spheres". In the bottom left corner, smaller writing says "Coldplay coming soon".

Coldplay registra “Music of the Spheres” como marca e a imprensa especula  que esse é o título do 9º álbum de estúdio da banda

On 23 April 2021, a post from an account titled 'Alien Radio FM' on social media released a set of coordinates (51°30'24.6"N 0°08'34.4"W) that led to Green Park in Piccadilly, London. The post included a photo of an advertisement at these coordinates with unknown bright neon purple characters set to a blue background, they were decoded by fan sites and said "Coldplay Higher Power May Seven".

Searching For Higher Power with Coldplay's Alien Radio | ARGNet: Alternate  Reality Gaming Network

On 29 April, Coldplay confirmed on their main social media accounts that a new single called "Higher Power" would in fact be released on 7 May. Branded as a form of "extraterrestrial transmission", the band previewed the video to French European Space Agency astronaut Thomas Pesquet aboard the International Space Station prior to its public release. Lead singer Chris Martin had stated that the theme for their upcoming music had been inspired by "wonder[ing] what musicians are like across the universe" after watching the fictional Mos Eisley cantina band perform in Star Wars.

SINGLES

Spoiler

OTHER RELEASES

Spoiler

ABOUT THE SPHERES

Spoiler

Coldplay created a fictional solar system called The Spheres, which is depicted in the album cover. Each planet represents a song in the project. Kaotica, for example, is Higher Power: Chris explores the place in the official music video.

Planets of the "Music Of The Spheres": Coldplay

Neon Moon I - Music of the Spheres // Kaotica - Higher Power // Echo - Humankind

Kubik - Alien Choir // Calypso - Let Somebody Go // Supersolis - Human Heart

Ultra - People of the Pride // Floris - Biutyful // Neon Moon II - Music of the Spheres II

Ephiphane - My Universe // Infinity Station - Infinity Sign // Coloratura - Coloratura

------------------------------

There is also a 13th small planet called Aurora, which the band avoided talking about so far, it's likely a hidden track.

Coldplay na Twitterze: „@hymnforcoldpIay Hey that's so kind of you. Thank  you everyone. Being president of Epiphane sounds pretty fun. Has anyone  spotted Aurora, the lost planet? PH” / Twitter

SNIPPETS

Edited by gustavothehuman

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivan_brit

• Gorgeous

• Winged

• gustavothehuman

Chris said Vol.1 on the letter, we might be getting three albums :jonny5:

Imagine the tour with this whole aesthetic... :soda:

The cover is serving Lana Del Rey but I'll just go ahead and pretend :deadbanana4:

Kinda love how they kept on making pretty frequent albums after teasing A Head Full of Dreams as their last for a long time

5 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Kinda love how they kept on making pretty frequent albums after teasing A Head Full of Dreams as their last for a long time

Chris have been saying that their current album is the last one since the X&Y era :dies:

Posted (edited)

the rock track is called people of the pride, the gays won i fear :gaygacat5:

Edited by gustavothehuman

As an ex-stan I consider Ghost Stories their last good album but I'm gonna check this one out. 

People of the Pride sounds amazing from the snippet off the album trailer. Can't wait. :jonny5:

My Universe sounds good too, but if the rumors are true... Hopefully the full song is just as good.

The next single in September?? 

What a weird release strategy

Labels have no idea what they’re doing huh 

Some of the previews sound exciting!! 

Not a huge fan of the cover though. Higher Power's cover >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Which one is the BTS collab? :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

12 songs with 3 less than a minute long…and you expect me to pay over $40 for the vinyl?

I mean, I will but still.

That trailer sounds amazing :duca: all snippets 

I loved Higher Power it deserve better 

So is basically a 9 track album with interlude but love all theme of the era 

I can already tell the sound of this album will be expensive & even more with Max Martin Involved 

55 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

THE VINYLS :jonny5:

This is kinda a serve, it might be the first album that I check out from them.

47 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

Some of the previews sound exciting!! 

Not a huge fan of the cover though. Higher Power's cover >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Which one is the BTS collab? :rip:

My Universe, there's like, six leaked snippets already, it sounds good, Something Just Like This remains their worst song.

All Too Well (Coldplay's Version) is coming :jonny2:

This is the first album where they have ownership over the masters too, I love the career parallels they have with Taylor :gaycat6:

The snippets sound so damn good but this is so far in advanced to me. I can't wait!!!