US Spotify: Wild Side #32, 621k streams

B-Luke

1 hour ago, Stepfon said:

Cardi just made history this year with her SOLO #1 song and has the TOP selling RAP song of the year so....

hiiii :heart2:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robyn.

• onewillowsilk

• Yanko

• Cloudy

Doing Willow's average numbers

Not sure what the commotion is about. For someone who has sparingly released music for the past ~3 years and has had very little activity on social media, this isn't bad. She really doesn't have that much of a fanbase currently to net a huge debut, and just because it features Cardi, it doesn't mean it's going to be an instant hit. Only time will tell if this ends up becoming a hit :matty: 

She took off all her clothes and grind on Cardi for this? :toofunny3:

She lost her momentum when she took forever and a day to do any sort of noteworthy release. If it hadn’t been for atrl, I probably wouldn’t have known that she was releasing. It’s like when Motivation underperformed they just stopped caring. 

It's not on TTH so it's fine. Let's see if this free falls then that's worrying. 

21 hours ago, B-Luke said:

Motivation entered at #30 with 592k streams back in 2019.

Early prediction:

Bebe and Doja outsold with their flop single omg

the excuses :ahh:

the posts about her new debut coming in 2 years :ahh:

Why all the hate for Normani? She's a talented performer - her dancing and presence exceed her peers, she's doing her thing - yall should be rooting for her. it's not like she's an offensive act.

The amount of times this girl has tried to make it by now is so embarrassing. It’s not going to happen. Loooool. Just give it up sweetie

Her team sucks. After 3 years they couldn’t at least put her #1 on TTH?

This could easily still be a nice moderate hit but unfortunately RCA sucks so who knows how much they'll actually invest into the single.

29 minutes ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

Why all the hate for Normani? She's a talented performer - her dancing and presence exceed her peers, she's doing her thing - yall should be rooting for her. it's not like she's an offensive act.

The problem is her fans and Twitter overrate and praise her as this one in a generation type artist, which ultimately ends up backfiring on her when the numbers aren't good. All that praising and the defensiveness she's shown at times give of an image of arrogance that is offputting (tho it's probably insecurity from all the expectations she has to carry on). 

I don't know why people keep saying she "deserves" or that she's "excellence", she's got a very weak and unremarkable voice (albeit an excellent dancer), which as it happens with many other acts would be completely overlooked if the material was popping, but is not. To be fair, it's not her fault, social media has put such expectations and pressure on this girl to be the "next big thing" which (imo) it's definitely doing her more wrong than good. I don't know if even herself has bought her own hype, which I don't think so, but her fans and their attitude just screams entitlement for some reason, which people don't like.

Edited by Cloudy

The main problem with Normani is that she has little artistic vision. Janet doesn't have the strongest voice either but she always knew what she wanted to do next. Her label wanted a sequel to Control after its success but Janet wanted to to address social issues and with a more industrial sound, Rhythm Nation was an even bigger era.

Normani doesn't even know what to do for her debut so I don't see how the hell she will have longevity in the industry.

If she actually works the single like a true artist breaking with radio tours, actual performances I think the song will perform well. But I think her team will understand now none of that going silent **** anymore, you keep pushing and releasing that album. Get the recognition for releasing a good project and tour, it’s go time 

Wait, this song isn’t on TTH? :rip: 

Its like they want her to flop, her team is so ****ing stupid. 

19 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

The main problem with Normani is that she has little artistic vision. Janet doesn't have the strongest voice either but she always knew what she wanted to do next. Her label wanted a sequel to Control after its success but Janet wanted to to address social issues and with a more industrial sound, Rhythm Nation was an even bigger era.

Normani doesn't even know what to do for her debut so I don't see how the hell she will have longevity in the industry.

Janet’s first 2 albums were massive flops and didn’t find her sound until her 3rd so I don’t think she’s a good example about debut albums :skull: 

11 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Janet’s first 2 albums were massive flops and didn’t find her sound until her 3rd so I don’t think she’s a good example about debut albums :skull: 

Those mixtapes Joe forced her to record when she was a teenager don't count :gaycat5:

When 19 year old Janet had creative freedom to do whatever she wanted, she was killing it. What is Normani doing in her mid 20s besides releasing random tracks to see which one will stick? She's been hyping her debut for like 3 years now

Well, the song gets better each listen but it looks like it's going to have to do well overtime for it to connect and stablize.

I do think this is enough to put Normani back in the spotlight and really keep pushing to become the main pop girl that she is meant to be.

31 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Those mixtapes Joe forced her to record when she was a teenager don't count :gaycat5:

When 19 year old Janet had creative freedom to do whatever she wanted, she was killing it. What is Normani doing in her mid 20s besides releasing random tracks to see which one will stick? She's been hyping her debut for like 3 years now

there's no need to play that game but she definitely became more successful after the success of Thriller allowed her and others to get access to top producers and her artistic talent is why she did well but let's not oversell it when she was still behind many prominent female stars.

It's also repulsive to use Normani's age against her as if that is a bad thing.

Normani looks to be defining herself so the question is will the GP eventually buy in.

Wildside is a good start

Edited by slw84

21 hours ago, Stepfon said:

Cardi just made history this year with her SOLO #1 song and has the TOP selling RAP song of the year so....

I'm not surprised I remember when that poster posted that they became ill when Up went #1. I was shocked because this is an entertainment forum. that post said alot.

200.gif

Wildside is a good song...it doesn't seem to be an instant hit but this is getting good reviews in terms of quality and could build into a hit long term.

and I wouldn't allow myself to feel ill about it not being an instant hit either. I think it'll finish quite well.

57 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

If she actually works the single like a true artist breaking with radio tours, actual performances I think the song will perform well. But I think her team will understand now none of that going silent **** anymore, you keep pushing and releasing that album. Get the recognition for releasing a good project and tour, it’s go time 

Basically:coffee2: The good thing is that it's a good song that can connect to a wide audience so it has the foundation set.

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

Wait, this song isn’t on TTH? :rip: 

Its like they want her to flop, her team is so ****ing stupid. 

It is so weird, they invested so much in music video and even got Cardi B feature.

But they couldn't spend few more bucks to have it on TTH, when playlisting is the most important thing in streaming era. 

5 hours ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

Because the media spent YEARS (most likely paid by her team) telling people they need to love her and that she’s already legendary and the new Beyoncé before she did anything to warrant that kind of praise. 

and then Motivation happened and those terrible live performances where it was clear she didn’t care about actual promotion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.