Captain Marvel (2019)

249 posts in this topic

It's not about the colors. The suit doesn't fit her. She looks a mess. 

1 hour ago, Nova_23 said:

It's not about the colors. The suit doesn't fit her. She looks a mess. 

She has to move in it, that's why it doesn't fit her well. Look at Tom Holland's on set photos, the bottoms are basically leggings. This is her stunt suit.

4 minutes ago, Nofo said:

She has to move in it, that's why it doesn't fit her well. Look at Tom Holland's on set photos, the bottoms are basically leggings. This is her stunt suit.

We both know she's not doing her own stunts. And Tom Holland's suit wasn't baggy. His whole suit was like a spandex material that actually fit his body. Brie Larson just looks like she doesn't belong in that suit. Look up pictures of Ryan Reynolds in his Deadpool suit on set and compare them to this tragic mess. Ryan's suit fits him and allows him to move around it. Brie's suit looks like she borrowed it and is about to head to the nearest comic book convention. 

That suit issa big no and that hair is a mess , she looks like an extra wearing a leftover costume from Thor Ragarnok. :doc:

Brie is a great actress but she's not superhero material. I hope they prove us wrong.

That’s clearly not her official suit. 

I hate how people go simply off on one photo. That suit could be for ONE scene where it’s a joke in the movie where everyone is hating on it. Y’all don’t know **** about what’s going on. 

Y’all obviously don’t know how post production works. Go see Taylor’s Ready For It behind the scenes videos and you’ll see that her nude bodysuit also fits her like Brie’s, but in the video it is skin tight.

It is done to allow for more natural movements.

22 hours ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

I’m 1:30 in and her reaction has me screaming :deadbanana4: 

The 100 words per minute :rip: 

I had to hit the thumps up on this one.  :dies:

"What do you -- I really think it's that bad.  I don't think anything is gonna change my mind."  :rip:

OT:

Another reaction from Grace, a more positive & optimistic view about Brie visiting Air Force Bases.  

'Captain Marvel' working title revealed: Open World.  

Marvel fans finally got their first look at Brie Larson in costume, and now the anticipated Captain Marvel film has a new working title.

It's a quite fitting one too, as Production Weekly reveals the working title is Open World. Captain Marvel has always bounced between adventures on Earth and the cosmos, and that's without throwing the Quantum-verse into the thick of things, which has been rumored to be a significant part of her adventures.

3 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

'Captain Marvel' working title revealed: Open World.  

YASSS!!!

Feige Addresses Leaked Costume Photos.

“Most people are savvy enough to know they’re looking at a behind-the-scenes photo, completely out of context,” he continued. “So we don’t do things like rush photos.” He also dropped a hint about what the suit means for the film’s plot.

“We released some concept art of her with different colors,” Feige said. “People online have correctly identified what’s going on there.” That’s likely acknowledgement that Carol Danvers will wear a Kree military uniform before she dons the more familiar red-and-blue costume.

Drag us me, King. :clap3:

Could Everett Ross, from Black Panther, Appear in Captain Marvel?

...It is here that it is revealed [Ross] is a former Air Force pilot, and he shows off his piloting skills and bravery in the process.

The argument could be made that including this backstory for Ross was just an excuse for him to have something to do during the finale, but what if it had another purpose? This reveal of his past as an Air Force pilot comes just a year before Captain Marvel hits theaters and Brie Larson makes her debut as Carol Danvers, a skilled flier in more ways than one. While she eventually gains the ability to fly thanks to her superpowers, she too is a member of the Air Force – and Larson spending her free time at an Air Force base confirms that this aspect of Carol’s origin story will be featured in the movie.

A very plausible theory, I like this. :fish1:

Chris Evans (loved Black Panther) Says Latest B.O. Successes Will Likely Continue with other Marvel Films.

"There’s nothing they can’t do, man,” said the Captain America actor. “I’m sure it’s going to have the exact same effect when Captain Marvel comes out and when the Black Widow movie comes out. Marvel just has the winning recipe, and they’re kind of one step ahead of everybody else. I mean just looking at them, and I was just looking at things this morning about these Black Panther openings around the country this weekend and its gonna crush. Its gonna crush! Marvel knows what they’re doing. They find great people. I just feel very humbled and lucky to be part of it.”

After watching Black Panther this weekend... I fully agree.  I don't remember saying anything negative about Brie Larson now. :alexz:

1 hour ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Feige Addresses Leaked Costume Photos.

Drag us me, King. :clap3:

Could Everett Ross, from Black Panther, Appear in Captain Marvel?

A very plausible theory, I like this. :fish1:

Chris Evans (loved Black Panther) Says Latest B.O. Successes Will Likely Continue with other Marvel Films.

After watching Black Panther this weekend... I fully agree.  I don't remember saying anything negative about Brie Larson now. :alexz:

Evans knows the tea :clap3: 

Gemma Chan to Play Minn-Erva.

Another piece of Captain Marvel casting has fallen into place. Humans star Gemma Chan is set to play Minn-Erva in the Disney/Marvel superhero movie that stars Brie Larson as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. Per the comics-verse, Minn-Erva (aka Doctor Minerva) is a Kree geneticist and spy.

30 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

I love her! :duca: I'm really quite excited for this, I think Brie will be great.

Screenwriter Teases a Sassy, Funny Carol Danvers

I’m hoping that sassy, funny superhero [in the film] is something people haven’t seen before, and that they’re going to be excited to see in Carol Danvers,” Robertson-Dworet finishes. “A lot of the great Captain Marvel comic books really broke ground with Carol Danvers’ voice, and that’s something we want to continue with the movie.”

Why Writing Captain Marvel Was a Joy.  

“Carol Danvers is someone I really enjoyed writing because she just loves kicking ass. She just has the best time, and that’s something, hat’s off to the comics, that’s how she is in the comics and they created an amazing character. She was a joy to write because she’s just always having fun. Always funny. Yeah. I had a blast with her.”

I'm here for all of this.  :duca:

3 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

People are going to love her more than Wonder Woman. Bookmark this. This will breakout for Marvel just like Guardians and Black Panther did. 

The amazing visuals, action scenes, comedy, quirky relatable young woman, and 90s soundtrack >>>>>. A HIT! Girls will relate to her more than the Amazonian princess warrior. 

1 hour ago, King Maxx said:

People are going to love her more than Wonder Woman. Bookmark this. This will breakout for Marvel just like Guardians and Black Panther did. 

The amazing visuals, action scenes, comedy, quirky relatable young woman, and 90s soundtrack >>>>>. A HIT! Girls will relate to her more than the Amazonian princess warrior. 

I can't wait for all of this to happen. :clap3:

I'm especially excited about how her powers will be showcased on screen since, according to Feige, she'll be the strongest Avenger in the MCU.  

“With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had.”

2 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

I can't wait for all of this to happen. :clap3:

I'm especially excited about how her powers will be showcased on screen since, according to Feige, she'll be the strongest Avenger in the MCU.  

He said she could punch through moons. Maybe an exaggeration, but I'm curious to see what they do. 

Happy #InternationalWomensDay. :party:

Filming is to resume on the 19th.  :spin:

One year to go. :jonny: 

Kevin Feige on Captain Marvel.

You have Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, the first female title character in a Marvel Studios film, with Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck co-directing. Obviously, Ryan Coogler directing Black Panther was a landmark for representation. Will you get more women and people of color behind the camera as well as in front of the camera?

Yes. I think we’re seeing it shift from a very purposeful initiative to just a fact of life, to just a way of doing business. Then there are people we hired that we’re not ready to announce in all different capacities, particularly behind the camera. As Panther has so loudly declared, [representation] can only help you, can only help you tell unique stories, can only help you do things in a new, and unique, and fresh, and exciting way. If you do that, audiences will notice it, and appreciate it, and support it.

I wanted to ask you a little more about Captain Marvel. It’s set in the 1990s. How does shifting that timeline back open up new storytelling for the MCU?

We wanted to explore a period before Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury had any idea about any of the other heroes and crazy stuff going on in the world. You know, we first met Nick when he told Tony, “You’re part of a big universe. You just don’t know yet.” Well, we want to go back to a time when he didn’t know it yet, and really showcase and announce that Carol Danvers was that first hero that Nick came across. That meant she could be the singular hero, but place it within timing of the MCU. It also got us talking about different genres, exploring this notion of sort of the ‘90s action film. We hadn’t necessarily done anything like that before either, so there are definitely homages to our favorite ‘90s action films within Captain Marvel.

What defines a ‘90s action film? Like, what would be a few of the inspirations?

Well, not necessarily talking about any particulars of the story, but the action elements Terminator 2. That’s about as iconic as you get, looking at kind of those cool street level fights, street level car chases, and fun stuff like that. That being said, much of the movie takes place in outer space, as you might think a Captain Marvel movie would. Like all of our genre inspirations, there are bits and pieces here and there.

They better not give us some brisk hazy 90s flick to emphasis a time period cuz :toofunny2: 

1 minute ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

They better not give us some brisk hazy 90s flick to emphasis a time period cuz :toofunny2: 

It's literally going to be the 90s version of GOTG (which was 80s themed) and I'm so here for it.

The soundtrack alone should be :jonny5: 

4 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

It's literally going to be the 90s version of GOTG (which was 80s themed) and I'm so here for it.

The soundtrack alone should be :jonny5: 

Gurl this soundtrack is gonna snatch me I have no doubt :jonny:  I just don’t want a weak representation of captain marvels abilities due to a time frame 

if only she could fix ha hair

i wanna see her in fiery cosmic mode with her skin glowing her hair flying upwards :duca: