469 posts in this topic

King Maxx
1 hour ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Anything remotely negative expressed is automatically shut down with "I trust Marvel" or "Marvel has never done wrong before."  

Well I don't see it like that we're not open to criticism.

Most of us get the excessive humor and stuff can be a bit much but Feige has succeeded at casting the right people and telling a good story at the end of the day. The action and special effects will be good. So while yes we can't be 100% certain she will deliver as Captain Marvel, we can at least ease our concerns knowing they will at least not half ass the project. 

PopMusicJunkie
1 hour ago, King Maxx said:

Well I don't see it like that we're not open to criticism.

Most of us get the excessive humor and stuff can be a bit much but Feige has succeeded at casting the right people and telling a good story at the end of the day. The action and special effects will be good. So while yes we can't be 100% certain she will deliver as Captain Marvel, we can at least ease our concerns knowing they will at least not half ass the project. 

This was the basis of my point to begin with.  

I should have been more specific, I was talking about comments in this thread & project alone.  I'm not questioning anything other than Brie Larson, which is putting it lightly since I want to be proven wrong there.  (Which I've said in all my comments here.)  What's off-putting is the "why are y'all even doubting Marvel, lol" responses, tbh.   I'm aware of Marvel's & Feige's great track record on previous films, and have no doubt this one will feature the best special effects.  But this is an entirely different beast here and I'm just not completely sold on Larson as the lead.  With that being said tho, this movie will be getting my change anyway opening night. 

King Maxx
1 minute ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

This was the basis of my point to begin with.  

I should have been more specific, I was talking about comments in this thread & project alone.  I'm not questioning anything other than Brie Larson, which is putting it lightly since I want to be proven wrong there.  (Which I've said in all my comments here.)  What's off-putting is the "why are y'all even doubting Marvel, lol" responses, tbh.   I'm aware of Marvel's & Feige's great track record on previous films, and have no doubt this one will feature the best special effects.  But this is an entirely different beast here and I'm just not entirely sold on Larson as the lead.  With that being said tho, this movie will be getting my change anyway opening night. 

I know but when have they ever miscast a role? This would be unprecedented. 

I don't know much about the actual comics Carol Danvers so I really have no expectations. All I know is she is an acclaimed actress and seems very dedicated to the role. Meanwhile a certain female who played a superhero can't act to save her life.

PopMusicJunkie
7 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

I know but when have they ever miscast a role? This would be unprecedented. 

I don't know much about the actual comics Carol Danvers so I really have no expectations. All I know is she is an acclaimed actress and seems very dedicated to the role. Meanwhile a certain female who played a superhero can't act to save her life.

Brie Larson as Captain Marvel could be their first.  Anything is possible.  

I see what you did there.  :oh:

SolargeKnowles
9 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Brie Larson as Captain Marvel could be their first.  Anything is possible.  

I see what you did there.  :oh:

I suggest you get into Brie's filmography before you question whether she can carry a film.

This woman won best actress two years ago. Like come on, be serious. You're worried that she's miscast? Come out and say why you feel like she is miscast. Because it SURELY isn't her acting ability and it SURELY isn't onscreen presence because she has all of that.

PopMusicJunkie
6 hours ago, SolargeKnowles said:

I suggest you get into Brie's filmography before you question whether she can carry a film.

This woman won best actress two years ago. Like come on, be serious. You're worried that she's miscast? Come out and say why you feel like she is miscast. Because it SURELY isn't her acting ability and it SURELY isn't onscreen presence because she has all of that.

I’m aware of Brie’s body of work/Oscar win and at my convenience will actually look into her films.  But I want this film to my introduction, is that okay with you?  

You pulled a conclusion out of thin air anyway, because I never implied her acting abilities being my hangup. You SURLEY didn’t read any of my other comments in this thread because I’ve already said why. For very superficial reasons: I don’t think she has the right look. Brie is giving me Anna Paqun as Rogue vibes. With that being said — and what I’ve been saying — I’m coming into this project with an open mind nonetheless. 

BoyOnBoy Wonder

Brie is amazing and is perfect for Carol and I cannot wait to see my Captain on-screen. 

ainadalkaz
1 minute ago, Blood Magic said:

this must be a ****ing joke

Nas-Puke-2-1445273448.gif

Wake Up
6 minutes ago, Blood Magic said:

That’s not a good first impression:-x

I hope this costume only appears in flashback

Corefield

It's most definitely a Kree military outfit (same color). If I had to guess, it's her first costume, even before she meets Fury. Then, she slowly become the Captain Marvel we know and love.

Blood Magic

That's obviously not her final suit, looks like a Kree costume.

Boys
21 minutes ago, Blood Magic said:

Looking more like Captain Listerine :rip:

Corefield
1 minute ago, Blood Magic said:

I rest my case :cm: 

THANK YOU.

Actually the best first suit of the 4.

Also the hairstyle reminds me of Rachel from Friends... it's the 90s, y'all :cm:

Blood Magic
5 minutes ago, Corefield said:

THANK YOU.

Actually the best first suit of the 4.

Also the hairstyle reminds me of Rachel from Friends... it's the 90s, y'all :cm:

Tea :clap3: 

PopMusicJunkie
1 hour ago, Boys said:

Looking more like Captain Listerine :rip:

Stop.  :dies:

1 hour ago, Jaye said:

I'm with Grace, okay I understand this is the Kree military version of her suit but with that aside, it's just not flattering on her whatsoever.   

OT:

l92vbw33t9c01.jpg

This photoshopped version doesn't look too bad and I actually like.  

Jaye
9 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Stop.  :dies:

I'm with Grace, okay I understand this is the Kree military version of her suit but with that aside, it's just not flattering on her whatsoever.   

OT:

l92vbw33t9c01.jpg

This photoshopped version doesn't look too bad and I actually like.  

Maybe the editing room will make it look more form-fitting.

Ressti

Oh I get it... Kree.

Uhmm, okay. The fit isn't cute either, but i'll reserve judgement until I see it in motion. 

Love her hair.

PopMusicJunkie
20 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Maybe the editing room will make it look more form-fitting.

Yeah, I think it will look better in post (hopefully) and the photoshopped one I'm really digging.  

chris1991

The suit is absolutely disgusting! Even if it were to be recolored! Terrible introduction to a character. Marvel can’t afford to hurt this property since the first female superhero film has already a massive hit! It doesn’t seem like an iconic look. The suit can literally belong to an extra. 

i wonder if Rogue’s going to take her out in a future film.

SolargeKnowles

When it comes to comic book movies I never rely on set photos to determine quality, especially since they always look kinda messy and cartoonish.

Look at how folks ripped Gal's costume as being too revealing AND everyone's complaints with X-Men: Days of Future Past costumes, only for those conversations to go mute once the films are out.

I'll hold judgement till we see actual footage.

Martyr Of Fame
6 hours ago, Jaye said:

I’m 1:30 in and her reaction has me screaming :deadbanana4: 

The 100 words per minute :rip: