Captain Marvel (2019)

249 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Poe Dameron said:

I’m still not over the fact they had a chance to have a female director for this film, got one but they felt they needed to include a male one as well :toofunny3: 

It's not like the directors were put together just for this movie, they're a duo of directors just like the Russos. 

2 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

I’m still not over the fact they had a chance to have a female director for this film, got one but they felt they needed to include a male one as well :toofunny3: 

They are a duo. And who honestly cares? It's not going to affect anything. 

You're acting like they purposely didn't want a female directing by herself. 

I love Jude Law

Feige Wishes Captain Marvel Had Been Released Before WW.

While speaking with Vanity Fair for its cover story celebrating the studio’s 10th anniversary, Feige admitted he had wanted Captain Marvel to be the first female-led superhero movie of the modern era.

“I think it’s always fun to be first with most things,” he said.

The introduction of Carol Danvers into the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been a long time coming, with the character originally intended to appear in Marvel’s Jessica Jones, before plans shifted as far back as 2013 to a Ms. Marvel film. That changed again the following year with the announcement of Captain Marvel.

While Black Panther, announced at the same time, hit its release date in February, Captain Marvel was pushed back and will now see release in 2019. In the meantime, Warner Bros. debuted Wonder Woman earlier this year to critical acclaim — not to mention an $821.8 million global box office.

Despite Captain Marvel’s delay, Feige insists, “Everything’s going to work out. Captain Marvel is a very different type of movie.”

Scarlett Johansson on Brie Larson Joining the MCU (and officially confirmed for A4).

Scarlett Johansson has confirmed that we'll be seeing Brie Larson's Captain Marvel in Avengers 4.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Johansson said that Larson is getting her "feet wet" shooting the Infinity War sequel before shooting her solo movie.

"She’s so great", Johansson said, "but a really cute thing happened the other day where Hulk is standing next to her and [Avengers 4 co-director] Joe Russo told her to put her hand in front of Mark [Ruffalo]’s face to stop him, and she’s like, “In front of his face?” And they explained, “that’s where his chest is,” and she looks up and yells, “I’m new! I’m new!”"

After today's epic trailer, I can't wait for Captain Marvel:jonny5:

I love ha in SGHI :duca: 

another black sidekick to a white lead? not a good look 

5 minutes ago, Nialler said:

She better not be because how is Marvel going to go from Black Panther serving black excellence to a messy sidekick.:deadbanana:

4 hours ago, Nialler said:

Stop hating on this film. Gosh. :skull: 

4 hours ago, Jaye said:

She better not be because how is Marvel going to go from Black Panther serving black excellence to a messy sidekick.:deadbanana:

And yet none of this is even remotely confirmed. :biblio: 

Valkyrie isn’t even a “sidekick”. She was badass and was a stand out character according to most who saw it.

6 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

Valkyrie isn’t even a “sidekick”. She was badass and was a stand out chartcer according to most who saw it.

Well I'm speaking in general terms. It'd be messy for them to go all out with Black Panther only to go back to stereotypes. It all depends on who she's going to play.

32 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

Valkyrie isn’t even a “sidekick”. She was badass and was a stand out chartcer according to most who saw it.

why? the directors are safe and boring, the cast so far has been underwhelming, even Ant-Man and the Wasp assembled a more exciting ensemble, compared to other MCU flicks this has nothing going for it except feminism 

Some are speculating DeWanda could be playing Monica Rambeau, if so that'll be nice.  

If she's playing Spectrum.... :jonny2:

3 hours ago, Nialler said:

why? the directors are safe and boring, the cast so far has been underwhelming, even Ant-Man and the Wasp assembled a more exciting ensemble, compared to other MCU flicks this has nothing going for it except feminism 

You're honestly despicable. Your sexism is showing. 

We know that's the only reason you're hating on this film you haven't even seen a single second of. 

Excited for this! Marvel is really dominating the world with all these superhero movies. 

Brie Larson researches at Air Force Bases.

Brie Larson is ready for Captain Marvel bootcamp. The Oscar-winning Room star joined her Marvel Studios team on location at the Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she got a tour of the facility and met with servicemen.

19 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Hmmmm :-*

OT I’m super excited about this. I know she gets hate. But I stan her acting since the United States Of Tara. She’s gonna slay. I’m certain of it. 

7 minutes ago, NavyBlue said:

Hmmmm :-*

OT I’m super excited about this. I know she gets hate. But I stan her acting since the United States Of Tara. She’s gonna slay. I’m certain of it. 

The last one on the left, right?  :gaycat2:

OT:  I'm looking forward to her acting in this because I'm not familiar with any of her work, tbh.  I'm still not thoroughly convinced she is Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel but I'm going into this with an open mind.  

I don't know why yall keep doubting Marvel Studios.

But alas, Marvel Studios puts their heads down and work. That's what has made them successful where others have failed. I'm sure they are gearing Captain Marvel up to be a good movie.

12 hours ago, SolargeKnowles said:

I don't know why yall keep doubting Marvel Studios.

But alas, Marvel Studios puts their heads down and work. That's what has made them successful where others have failed. I'm sure they are gearing Captain Marvel up to be a good movie.

This. I don't know what we're still having this conversation 15+ movies in. Marvel has proven times and times again that they can deliver and I don't see why they would fail this movie.

OT:  Marvel stans are rather touchy, I see... it's a little scary, tbh.  :biblio:

47 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

OT:  Marvel stans are rather touchy, I see... it's a little scary, tbh.  :biblio:

What are you talking about? 

16 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

What are you talking about? 

Anything remotely negative expressed is automatically shut down with "I trust Marvel" or "Marvel has never done wrong before."