Jump to content

Halsey - ‘If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power’


TalkThatRihanna

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • original_lifeline

    179

  • ReverseWarholian

    131

  • BlackJesus

    40

  • mommaswift

    37

THAT SNIPPET IS OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING :wanda: SHE’S COMING FOR BLOOD, HER BEST ALBUM IS ABOUT TO BE DELIVERED 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ReverseWarholian

Rock isn't just electric guitars and Travis Barker type drums y'know :keir:

 

Trent & Atticus are particularly well known for their fusion of electronica with rock. Think lots of distorted bass, drums, synths, and heavy "machine-like" elements. It's a real feast for the ears when done right. While I'm sure this album will echo Manic in the sense that it'll feature an array of different sounds and not commit to just one particular style, prepare for disappointment if you're expecting a record that sounds like Olivia Rodrigo and Willow Smith's take on the genre :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
ReverseWarholian

Btw I'm adoring all the Vivienne Westwood costumes I'm seeing in the trailer :duca:

Link to post
Share on other sites

The woman/god snippet :WAP: I’m slain! I’m loving industrial Halsey :gaynetcat1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ReverseWarholian said:

Rock isn't just electric guitars and Travis Barker type drums y'know :keir:

 

Trent & Atticus are particularly well known for their fusion of electronica with rock. Think lots of distorted bass, drums, synths, and heavy "machine-like" elements. It's a real feast for the ears when done right. 

that's the best kind :jonny5:

 

1 minute ago, ReverseWarholian said:

Btw I'm adoring all the Vivienne Westwood costumes I'm seeing in the trailer :duca:

the aesthetics are ON POINT, the budget chile .. we're witnessing her artistique peak i fear

Link to post
Share on other sites

tHe AlBuM iS gOiNg to bE PuNk ROck :ahh:

 

OT: sounds great. Kinda dissapointed with the ariana grande lower case aesthetic that messes up with everyone's diacography :hoetenks:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoJo said:

I’m confused. What’s the genre of this album? I thought we were getting rock?

Like a heavier Badlands :gaycat3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ReverseWarholian said:

Rock isn't just electric guitars and Travis Barker type drums y'know :keir:

 

Trent & Atticus are particularly well known for their fusion of electronica with rock. Think lots of distorted bass, drums, synths, and heavy "machine-like" elements. It's a real feast for the ears when done right. While I'm sure this album will echo Manic in the sense that it'll feature an array of different sounds and not commit to just one particular style, prepare for disappointment if you're expecting a record that sounds like Olivia Rodrigo and Willow Smith's take on the genre :rip:

The word you're looking for is industrial rock. NIN is arguably the most popular industrial rock band too.

 

Spilled though :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
ReverseWarholian
2 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

The word you're looking for is industrial rock. NIN is arguably the most popular industrial rock band too.

 

Spilled though :clap3:

Yes babe. I know about IR but was just putting it in layman's terms for some of the girlies here!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ReverseWarholian said:

This would make a killer album intro 

 

 

Repost the video it says not available (interested to know what it is)

Link to post
Share on other sites
original_lifeline
15 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Repost the video it says not available (interested to know what it is)

the wake up by How to destroy angels 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ReverseWarholian
28 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Repost the video it says not available (interested to know what it is)

How To Destroy Angels which is led by frontwoman Mariqueen who is Reznor's spouse. I can see some of their work kinda being the template for this album :jamming:

 

13 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:

the wake up by How to destroy angels 

U like? :cupid:

Edited by ReverseWarholian
Link to post
Share on other sites
original_lifeline
6 minutes ago, ReverseWarholian said:

How To Destroy Angels which is led by frontwoman Mariqueen who is Reznor's spouse. I can see some of their work kinda being the template for this album :jamming:

 

U like? :cupid:

I've been seeing HTDA references since May, so I decided to listen to their album this weekend to set my expectations correctly and get acquainted with Reznor\Ross abilities production_wise :coffee2: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...