Eurovision Song Contest 2022 | Ronela wins FiK

Queen Conchita

17 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Just listened to the Spanish songs and Terra is garbage lol. Culpa is by far the best song but it's just too good for Eurovision so no wonder it's underrated. Hey Mama is cute

agnes-carlsson-pic-getty-images-36315329

Say it louder for the one Terra stan in here. 

C33.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Funhouse

• Pendulum

• Blackthorn

• Flomik

For those who are interested: Melodifestivalen 2022 tour is cancelled but will allow a limited audience in Stockholm.

mgqvxovw6ub81.jpg

@igninton Can you find some tea about that perhaps?

38 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

mgqvxovw6ub81.jpg

@igninton Can you find some tea about that perhaps?

The singer, of Chilean origin and who has lived in Spain for many years, did not appear at the judicial appeal in a Valdemoro court where he was being investigated for a crime of threats made against his ex-partner.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/television/20220115/7989316/ronnie-romero-cantante-bulgaria-eurovision-busca-captura-pmv.html

Domestic abuse charges and he didn't show up at court apparently. 

Edited by igninton

jail

On 1/14/2022 at 4:07 PM, igninton said:

Say it louder for the one Terra stan in here. 

C33.gif

Too bad that every other poll anywhere on the internet shows Terra ahead of Ay Mama :gaylorcat2:

Poland only rightful choice is this guy:

last year he wanted to go with that song but they chose Rafal

------------

this girl was also a choice this year but she proved on that party that she isn't good live so TVP changed  their mind and is doing preselections

@Bloodflowers.I've noticed Ireland's 2009 entry sounds a lot like a favorite of ours, Willow's Transparent Soul! You're gonna love it :flower:

Also, if Spain sends that Ay mama song it'll be their 7th year in a row outside of the top 20 :flower:

4 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Also, if Spain sends that Ay mama song it'll be their 7th year in a row outside of the top 20 :flower:

What's your choice/choices then? :sistrens:

9 minutes ago, igninton said:

What's your choice/choices then? :sistrens:

Rayden of course :clap3: also as much as you hate Terra (I don't like the song either but I admit it anyway), it's a clear televoting magnet!

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

Rayden of course :clap3: also as much as you hate Terra (I don't like the song either but I admit it anyway), it's a clear televoting magnet!

:clap3: we don’t want another 0 points from the televote here and the Spanish gp/pretty much every poll agrees.

17 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I actually think Rayden is gonna be the dark horse and win Benidorm so yeah we pretty much agree on that.

He's my second choice after Rigoberta and she's definitely winning the Spanish jury but I doubt the international jury is going to vouch for her (Rayden will probably win there) and the televote will probably go to Terra since the whole of Galicia will vote them massively.

It's between Rayden and the Galician Buranovskiye Babushki at this point. 

C33.gif

Edited by igninton

2 minutes ago, igninton said:

I actually think Rayden is gonna be the dark horse and win Benidorm so yeah we pretty much agree on that.

He's my second choice after Rigoberta and she's definitely winning the Spanish jury but I doubt the international jury is going to vouch for her (Rayden will probably win there) and the televote will probably go to Terra since the whole of Galicia will vote them massively.

It's between Rayden and the Galician Buranovskiye Babushki at this point. 

:celestial5:

Why are you writing off Rigoberta? She's the only act charting in Spain and she'll surely have massive televoting support too. It might end up like with Germany in 2019 when the public and the national jury made S!sters win despite the international jury ranking them second to last. And we all saw how it played out for them, but you can't help the Germans'......peculiar taste. :cm: Also, televoting only counts for 25% of the total, so the Galicians can only do so much. But yeah, Rigoberta would be a disastrous choice for Eurovision... while I understand the song's message, its musical qualities pretty much end there and it'll be hard to get the message through to an international audience.

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Why are you writing off Rigoberta? She's the only act charting in Spain and she'll surely have massive televoting support too. It might end up like with Germany in 2019 when the public and the national jury made S!sters win despite the international jury ranking them second to last. And we all saw how it played out for them, but you can't help the Germans'......peculiar taste. :cm: Also, televoting only counts for 25% of the total, so the Galicians can only do so much. But yeah, Rigoberta would be a disastrous choice for Eurovision... while I understand the song's message, its musical qualities pretty much end there and it'll be hard to get the message through to an international audience.

She's gonna have a huge boob built up for her as a prop for her performance apparently. :gaycat6:

Rigoberta is huge in the indie scene in Spain and she had two viral hits last year so I'm not surprised she's the only one charting prior to Benidorm, she's the only one with a fanbase and the song has made an impact.

Idk, honestly I'm 50-50 with Rigoberta as to her chances of doing well. It'll be hard for her to convey the message but she's honestly a hell of a performer. In my head the song is the perfect choice to make a 3 minutes impression. I think if she can pull off a performance that encapsulates the message of the song and if there's an audience in the arena to vibe with her especially for the last 30s of the song she can easily snatch a Top 10.

But it's a risk, either way.

Rayden would be the safest bet imo and I know Tanxungueiras would do well with the televote but it's so blatantly bad that I can't get myself to like it I'm sorry.

C33.gif

10 minutes ago, igninton said:

She's gonna have a huge boob built up for her as a prop for her performance apparently. :gaycat6:

Rigoberta is huge in the indie scene in Spain and she had two viral hits last year so I'm not surprised she's the only one charting prior to Benidorm, she's the only one with a fanbase and the song has made an impact.

Idk, honestly I'm 50-50 with Rigoberta as to her chances of doing well. It'll be hard for her to convey the message but she's honestly a hell of a performer. In my head the song is the perfect choice to make a 3 minutes impression. I think if she can pull off a performance that encapsulates the message of the song and if there's an audience in the arena to vibe with her especially for the last 30s of the song she can easily snatch a Top 10.

But it's a risk, either way.

Rayden would be the safest bet imo and I know Tanxungueiras would do well with the televote but it's so blatantly bad that I can't get myself to like it I'm sorry.

C33.gif

I dunno, I have rarely seen a national favorite as PANNED a Rigoberta by the international community. Like, if she's really gonna have a boob as a prop I feel like most people who don't speak Spanish will be turned off and she'll tank even harder :deadbanana4:We'll see about the live performance, if Spain ends up choosing her and Spanish people feel represented by her then good, but there are objectively safer choice for a good Eurovision result that Spain badly needs right now.

Norway is fumbling the bag with Ecstasy because the staging and song is good. :dies:. But to be honest, I think Norway is going to send Elsie Bay. 

#JusticeForEcstasy

giphy.gif

Edited by Mellark

1 hour ago, Dom said:

Okay my country lithuania needs to not fk and send this

so damn good 

@KillingYourCareer @Walk_Away21 @Legend E do we agrih.

I do NOT support the smoking in the cover :pukey: apart from that, if your juries vote for that boring ass one-note Ieva girl with yet another ballad about how she'll always be there for her ex-husband instead of this I officially give up in Lithuania.

18 hours ago, Flomik said:

if Norway picks Elsie Bay we're going to Oslo in 2023 I fear

giphy.gif

Tbh, I think they’ll go with Subwoolfer :skull: