• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KMO

• Dória Gentili

• Chemical X.

• lielikejulia

47 minutes ago, Yakult said:

Tinashe selling better than Bebe and Zara while unsigned.....these labels really are doing ambitious pop stars who don't wanna go down the whole bedroom pop vibe wrong.

Hardly surprising it's come to this. Endless delays are nearly always fatal post-debut album. That and the fact Bebe's sound is so indistinct due to being badly A&R'd to death that she wasn't able to cultivate much of a fanbase. The whole depressed white girl trap-pop thing never stuck, yet they keep on diluting it with every release.

Does Bebe have what it takes to make it work independent? I'm not sure. Despite label hijinks Tinashe always had a recognisable sound.....I can't say the same for Bebe or Zara despite having the same hustling ambition.

Agreed. The thing about someone like Tinashe or Jojo is that their fanbase is mostly urban which works for them being independent. I can't really name a pop artist that is doing well independently. Also agree that unlike Bebe or Zara they have a recognizable sounds. I do think if Zara changed labels she could be successful due to the fact she is an amazing singer and good performer. Her issue is mostly just promotion she has all the right elements just her label is trash

Honestly I don't see it for Bebe. Her voice can be off putting to people, and I don't think she is a performer. She keeps changing sounds, one minute dance pop, then she's country, then she's alternative pop. Versatility can be a good thing but when the artist doesn't excel in even one genre it's a problem .

julia michaels’ new album debuted at #183, zara larsson’s at #170 and now bebe at #140, what is up w the girlies? :duca:

Edited by lielikejulia

6 minutes ago, lielikejulia said:

julia michaels’ new album debuted at #183, zara larsson at #170 and now bebe at #140, what is up w the girlies? :duca:

question: is marina next? :dancehall:

51 minutes ago, Legendary said:

The perverts won :toofunny3:

But at least she got those PUMA & JBL endorsement deals going for ha 

Why does she say this as if she’s the CEO of her record label? And her fans still eat that **** up like she will just smash with a last hurrah( :sistrens:) moment

10 minutes ago, lielikejulia said:

julia michaels’ new album debuted at #183, zara larsson at #170 and now bebe at #140, what is up w the girlies? :duca:

Miss Michaels never had a big solo career as Bebe, but where Bebe fell behind in songwriting over the years, Julia made up with so many hits she wrote for others

To be honest, I was expecting worse for her. She doesn't have a huge hit in years :rip: 

25 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Miss Michaels never had a big solo career as Bebe, but where Bebe fell behind in songwriting over the years, Julia made up with so many hits she wrote for others

that’s true, miss michaels has never had a big solo career as bebe but at least she kept up as a songwriter, unlike bebe that fell behind... 

1 hour ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Yeah that was such a stupid move to stop songwriting for others and only concentrate on writing for herself. She could have done both. Now I feel like it's too late to resume to songwriting for others again since she seems to have burned a lot of bridges. 

Well I knew she was done but damn that’s horrendous. Her, Madison, Rita Ora, alessia, and Zara have all just been done. Add to a bigger level Meghan trainor, Kesha, iggy (sad af over this one). The men however are good besides all the members of one direction minus Harry. 

Oh wow, she didn't deserve this. her strongest sound is her early material but her new stuff isn't #140 debut bad, her label really did it to her. 

1 hour ago, katara said:

Yeah that was such a stupid move to stop songwriting for others and only concentrate on writing for herself. She could have done both. Now I feel like it's too late to resume to songwriting for others again since she seems to have burned a lot of bridges. 

This can’t be about the Dua Lipa feud right? I thought that was fake :deadbanana2:

7 hours ago, Ananas said:

Ugh, it's so sad how popstars just immediately fizzle out like that after big successes and the GP stop checking for them. Like a ****ty bf hat uses you up and then dumps you 

This doesn’t happen to everyone. It actually doesn’t happen very often. From what I heard, this record didn’t give any great material before the release. I heard bits of that tacky dance/house song and wasn’t surprised it made zero (0) noise outside of popper twink Twitter.

Perverts won, I guess.

8 hours ago, Dória Gentili said:

Only women are bad atrler? :giraffe:

Wth? Why would they mention women when they date men?

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

OT: This is about what I was expecting based off the singles :noparty:

58 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Wth? Why would they mention women when they date men?

Only men are bad atrler? :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, Dória Gentili said:

Only men are bad atrler? :giraffe:

No one cares :toofunny2: 

10 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Sacrifice could had been one of Bebe biggest hits

It’s a horrible song. Period.

Gaga was able to make that sound work because she’s Gaga and people want campy dance pop from her, AND she has an enormous fanbase of white gay men who love that kind of music and will buy anything she drops.

A shame. I liked both BIJ and Sacrifice.

8 hours ago, Starchild said:

No one cares :toofunny2: 

Only women are bad atrler? :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.