• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KMO

• Dória Gentili

• Chemical X.

• lielikejulia

• ATRL Moderator

tbh I thought she wasn't gonna chart at all considering the album doesn't even have physical copies out yet.

Where is that user that said that her and Dua have similar careers two weeks ago

Marshal_ac

Wow that sucks.

what went wrong? Didn’t she get a huge hit a while ago that went “I’m a mess I’m a this” surely she had enough name recognition to do better than this. Did the label not promote? 

The bad bitches abandoned Bleta...

(Some?) hit single(s?), a few catchy songs, and I keep seeung her name around a lot for like no reasons (like Rita). 

I remember watching a video of her walking in the desert and home girl was showing every inch of her fabulous body. Though guess that didn't sell.

Why did she never blow up?
The feud with the drag queens jinxed her?

I wasn’t expecting her to do better than Zara

5 minutes ago, charmed23 said:

(Some?) hit single(s?), a few catchy songs, and I keep seeung her name around a lot for like no reasons (like Rita). 

I remember watching a video of her walking in the desert and home girl was showing every inch of her fabulous body. Though guess that didn't sell.

Why did she never blow up?
The feud with the drag queens jinxed her?

To be fair, it’s kinda impossible to say an artist with a diamond single and other multiple platinum didn’t blow up. The GP just didn’t care or even noticed about this project and her fanbase is tiny. 

At least she out charted Zara Larsson :cm:

Poor Bebe. Half the album is horrible but it still deserved better. Sacrifice alone should’ve been a hit to carry the album. 

Poor Bebe. She had a Diamond single from her last album and now she debuts at #140 :deadbanana4:

Sacrifice is a bop though  :jamming:

So it did ~7k like I predicted :clap3:

Maybe because Warner wasted all the payola on DuoLingo career, could've dropped We're Good and promoted Sacrifice instead ugh

:foxaylove3:

• ATRL Moderator

Deserved so much better but it is what it is. I just hope she doesn’t get dropped (unless she wants to go independent or switch labels) 

what are her numbers? i feel bad :deadbanana2:

Ugh, it's so sad how popstars just immediately fizzle out like that after big successes and the GP stop checking for them. Like a ****ty bf hat uses you up and then dumps you 

Tinashe selling better than Bebe and Zara while unsigned.....these labels really are doing ambitious pop stars who don't wanna go down the whole bedroom pop vibe wrong.

Hardly surprising it's come to this. Endless delays are nearly always fatal post-debut album. That and the fact Bebe's sound is so indistinct due to being badly A&R'd to death that she wasn't able to cultivate much of a fanbase. The whole depressed white girl trap-pop thing never stuck, yet they keep on diluting it with every release.

Does Bebe have what it takes to make it work independent? I'm not sure. Despite label hijinks Tinashe always had a recognisable sound.....I can't say the same for Bebe or Zara despite having the same hustling ambition.

That's sad. Talent lost. 

1 hour ago, Marshal_ac said:

Wow that sucks.

what went wrong? Didn’t she get a huge hit a while ago that went “I’m a mess I’m a this” surely she had enough name recognition to do better than this. Did the label not promote? 

Yes, and Meant To Be before that which went #1. Not to mention multiple collaborations that were smashes.  

Shouldn't have abandoned the All My Fault Part 1 sound and she could've built up a fanbase.

Time to hang it up I fear:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.