Jump to content

Bigger icon in the UK: Britney Spears or Lady Gaga


Who is it?  

366 members have voted

  1. 1. Well?



Recommended Posts

americanshameless
3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

How can Gaga be bigger when even with help from A-list stars she still can’t outdo Britney on a hiatus? :skull: 

Well I guess when u put it that way

TK9MlqE.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • biblicalmonster

    55

  • perfillusion

    44

  • americanshameless

    38

  • Mystic Boy

    33

biblicalmonster
Posted (edited)

12-13 years into a career in the UK year-end charts

 

Gaga

Chromatica: #22

Rain On Me: #17

Stupid Love: #98

 

Britney

Femme Fatale: #139

Hold It Against Me: #136

Till The Worlds: #143

I Wanna Go: N/A

 

vxhw.jpeg

 

Edited by biblicalmonster
Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
2 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

In the Zone — from Platinum to 2x Platinum.

GHMP — from 3x Platinum to 4x Platinum.

 

Her singles are contributing to singles collection right now, In The Zone isn't moving scrap without toxic and i don't even know what hits are left on GHMP, since every single hit of her is merely contributing 2k per week towards single collection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Their album certifications are less accurate than their charts, sis. They don’t use SEAs correctly and they completely ignore physical single sales. Either way we cut it, Britney moved more album equivalents in the U.K. than Gaga and is out charting her literally right now (The Discount is #91 and shalLOW is #80 while The Singles Collection is #47). 
 

How can Gaga be bigger when even with help from A-list stars she still can’t outdo Britney on a hiatus? :skull: 

you know single collection has 99% of Britney hits with good recurrent streams contributing towards it. While Gaga hits are divided TF (7 hits), BTW (2 hits), ASIB (2 hits) and C(1 hit). Wouldn't it be otherwise embarrassing if Britney whole career can't outdo gaga bits and pieces :skull:

 

Is this explanation good enough for you?

 

Edit: their certification is based on chart run, unless you are expecting Toxic to help i the zone, single collection and GHMP simultaneously 

Edited by zoldyck
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zoldyck said:

you know single collection has 99% of Britney hits with good recurrent streams contributing towards it. While Gaga hits are divided TF (7 hits), BTW (2 hits), ASIB (2 hits) and C(1 hit). Wouldn't it be otherwise embarrassing if Britney whole career can't outdo gaga bits and pieces :skull:

 

Is this explanation good enough for you?

The mental gymnastics.

 

TK9MlqE.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
Just now, Nano said:

The mental gymnastics.

 

TK9MlqE.gif

You are Britney fans, that mean you have seen the track list. Can you name three Britney songs with good recurrent stream not on that album. I dare you.

TK9MlqE.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedro Labre
1 hour ago, biblicalmonster said:

Touring stats in England.

 

 

Born This Way Ball Tour in 2 dates:  $10,714,991

 

Circus Tour in 8 dates: $9,959,306

 

Yikes.

 

2018 Piece of Me Tour 4 dates: 6,012,300 (av: 1,503,075

2018 Joanne Tour 2 dates: 1,937,834 (av: 968,917

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedro Labre
1 hour ago, Leigh said:

Lady Gaga
The Fame - 10x Platinum
Born This Way - 3x Platinum
Artpop - Gold
Cheek To Cheek - Silver
Joanne - Gold
Chromatica - Gold

--

ASIB OST*** - Platinum

 

Britney Spears
...Baby One More Time - 4x Platinum
Oops I Did It Again - 3x Platinum
Britney - Platinum
Greatest Hits: MP - 3x Platinum
In the Zone - Platinum
Blackout - Platinum
Circus - Platinum
Femme Fatale - Gold
Britney Jean - N/A
Glory - N/A

 

As we can see, Britney has been way more consistent. Monsters can continue to delude themselves into believing it's Gaga though.

and The Singles Collection is reaching platinum by the end of 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
americanshameless
4 minutes ago, Pedro Labre said:

2018 Piece of Me Tour 4 dates: 6,012,300 (av: 1,503,075

2018 Joanne Tour 2 dates: 1,937,834 (av: 968,917

:soda:

Link to post
Share on other sites
IAMDOM

Baby them Britney stans getting way too brave just cause GM is at # one thousand one hundred and sixty four on AM :deadbanana4: 

 

It is Gaga, it has always been Gaga, and it will always be Gaga.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremiah
5 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

 

Her singles are contributing to singles collection right now, In The Zone isn't moving scrap without toxic and i don't even know what hits are left on GHMP, since every single hit of her is merely contributing 2k per week towards single collection.

It's indeed complicated since all units could be getting stolen by The Singles Collection, but not impossible: Blackout was certified last year. Either way, that's more of a system problem, one more reason to not take only certifications in consideration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
perfillusion
22 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Femme Fatale flopping won't change the fact that Britney outdid Gaga albums-wise in the UK. The fact that Gaga hasn't seen a platinum album since her 3rd says enough.

Circus wasn't all that in the UK, either. Peaked at #4 :rip: 

 

24 minutes ago, americanshameless said:

A few months later:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1190733/The-Circus-comes-town-Britney-Spears-does-remarkable-return-O2-Arena.html
 

:clown: 

 

A bit embarrassing for you to have that DailyMail article bookmarked for every thread  :rip: #ThankYouXFactor for helping Brit break concert records at the O2? Lmao

Well Daily Mail didn't lie, the UK reception to Britney's awful performance had an effect and her next tour flopped in the UK

 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/britney-spears-facing-birmingham-concert-225843 

Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Pedro Labre said:

2018 Piece of Me Tour 4 dates: 6,012,300 (av: 1,503,075

2018 Joanne Tour 2 dates: 1,937,834 (av: 968,917

Attendance at the O2Arena for the Piece Of Me Tour: 40k/44k ($4,540,070

August 25, 2018)

 

Lmao, flop.

 

--------

 

In 2014, ArtRave was completely sold out (42,845 / 42,845) in the same arena and made more money (

$4,631,817

October 25, 2014) despite the price of tickets skyrocketing through years.

Edited by biblicalmonster
Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
Just now, Jeremiah said:

It's indeed complicated since all units could be getting stolen by The Singles Collection, but not impossible: Blackout was certified last year. Either way, that's more of a system problem, one more reason to not take only certifications in consideration.

These units aren't going anywhere, They will either help ITZ and GHMP reach next certification, or TSC collection reach platinum little bit quicker. So these certifications are good enough consideration. They aren't off by huge margin in most albums.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweet Sexy Savage
2 hours ago, Rino said:

just one spot above with almost a decade of head start :celestial6:

Wait

200.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
americanshameless
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

Well Daily Mail didn't lie, the UK reception to Britney's awful performance had an effect and her next tour flopped in the UK

 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/britney-spears-facing-birmingham-concert-225843 

 

12 minutes ago, Pedro Labre said:

2018 Piece of Me Tour 4 dates: 6,012,300 (av: 1,503,075

2018 Joanne Tour 2 dates: 1,937,834 (av: 968,917

 

1 hour ago, Nano said:

Wait, the dates I quoted weren't even the only ones :jonny:

 

wA1H3Gb.png

STOMP STOMP STOMP :soda:

 

Really replaced the Army in past life living huh :rip: 

TK9MlqE.gif

Edited by americanshameless
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremiah
8 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

You are Britney fans, that mean you have seen the track list. Can you name three Britney songs with good recurrent stream not on that album. I dare you.

TK9MlqE.gif

 

Spotify (5/01)

 

348k — Scream & Shout

146k — Criminal

141k — Work Bitch

 

TK9MlqE.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster
1 hour ago, Nano said:

Wait, the dates I quoted weren't even the only ones :jonny:

 

wA1H3Gb.png

That's not an official source. :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, biblicalmonster said:

That's not an official source. :rip:

It was reported by The Independent, BBC, Digital Spy, etc.

 

Sounds plenty official to me!

 

TK9MlqE.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster
Posted (edited)

And as I posted above, the singles from Femme Fatale flopped super mega hard in the UK meanwhile with Rain On Me, Gaga added a top 20 entry YEC in her highlights. Femme Fatale was out of the 100 biggest albums released in 2011. Chromatica was the 22nd main album of 2021, at least when it comes to charting points.

Edited by biblicalmonster
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist

What's with these CONSTANT Britney vs Gaga threads...........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Fnooky said:

Britney of course

 

mxv12h3.gif

 

2 hours ago, americanshameless said:


Obviosuly Britney :rip: Besides charts, she’s also culturally bigger here. Lady GaGa is a conversation that only happens in SoHo basements. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, Leigh said:

Lady Gaga
The Fame - 10x Platinum
Born This Way - 3x Platinum
Artpop - Gold
Cheek To Cheek - Silver
Joanne - Gold
Chromatica - Gold

--

ASIB OST*** - Platinum

 

Britney Spears
...Baby One More Time - 4x Platinum
Oops I Did It Again - 3x Platinum
Britney - Platinum
Greatest Hits: MP - 3x Platinum
In the Zone - Platinum
Blackout - Platinum
Circus - Platinum
Femme Fatale - Gold
Britney Jean - N/A
Glory - N/A

 

As we can see, Britney has been way more consistent. Monsters can continue to delude themselves into believing it's Gaga though.

Wait, forgot this one

Link to post
Share on other sites
zoldyck
Just now, Jeremiah said:

Spotify (5/01)

 

348k — Scream & Shout

146k — Criminal

141k — Work Bitch

 

TK9MlqE.gif

 

If that was my hit criteria, i would have included Applause and Million Reasons for A and J. This won't help this single to get next certification let alone their parent albums. S&S is huge hit and her only UK hit not on My Single Collection. 

TK9MlqE.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rev8 said:

What's with these CONSTANT Britney vs Gaga threads...........

 

Because it's a surefire way to get a hit thread.

 

TK9MlqE.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
perfillusion
8 minutes ago, americanshameless said:

 

 

STOMP STOMP STOMP :soda:

 

Really replaced the Army in past life living huh :rip: 

TK9MlqE.gif

Not Britney stans using a festival to goose up Britney's touring "power" :ahh: :ahh: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...