Why wasn't Kylie an 80's Fad?

TayLord

Despite being written off in her early career, why wasn't Kylie an 80's fad and suffer the same fate as people like Debbie Gibson and Tiffany and why was she able to stay relevant?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TayLord

• P.O.P

• BeautifulTwistedBabe

• Sharapov

Top Posters In This Topic

madonnas

Rhythm of love singles managed to give her classic songs that were ahead of the trend.  

Marshal_ac

She kinda was? She didn’t really pop WW until Fever. 

Psycho

Because she displayed versatility and quality

CandyCoatedClouds

Because somebody had to sing songs like Confide in Me, Cowboy Style, Spinning Around, Slow and of course, Can't Get You Outta My Head. She was the perfect woman to do it :gaycat5:

TayLord
13 minutes ago, Revolution said:

Local to Austria :sorry: 

i think you cracked the reason. Austrian legend :sorry:

izzyinsane

Because she had the IT factor plain and simple.

HonourableVomit

Even today she works harder than pretty much anyone has a right to. The woman lives for being a pop star, you can see how her flop years in the 90s left her hungry for it. I don't think anyone else enjoys it as much as she does. 

Sharapov
2 hours ago, Marshal_ac said:

She kinda was? She didn’t really pop WW until Fever. 

then she wasnt? :rip:

BlueBird
27 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

:deadbanana4:

OT: She comes off as a really intelligent woman to me. I think she made the right decisions and worked hard, cause most people would have given up after a decade of flops. Spinning Around is one of my fave songs ever. Also her Come Into My World music video is one of my faves. She's very talented and could have been more successful in America but it wasn't her priority clearly.

TayLord
42 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

like :rip: 

Fitzswiftie

Naturally charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent. She also just had a more determined drive, even after every 90s flop she’d hustle her way to get the next project, whereas all the other 80s fads (Debbie, Tiffany, the other SAW girlies) were content fading out and being reality stars.

Just look at how hard she goes here despite the DEAD audience 

discosean

She kept branching out and trying different styles and genres. She kept reinventing herself. Even if some of the albums/eras were not as successful, she stuck with her instincts and it worked. 

SlowGinFizzzz

Because she was smart enough to leave PWL and started making real music instead. 

jim19911126
51 minutes ago, discosean said:

She kept branching out and trying different styles and genres. She kept reinventing herself. Even if some of the albums/eras were not as successful, she stuck with her instincts and it worked. 

This.

I have always loved Kylie, every thing she did were all very classy, she has a nature charisma that you just don't know how to dislike her, she's that kind of people who have their own aura around.

2 hours ago, Sharapov said:

Like... :rip:

Bloodflowers.
1 hour ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Naturally charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent. She also just had a more determined drive, even after every 90s flop she’d hustle her way to get the next project, whereas all the other 80s fads (Debbie, Tiffany, the other SAW girlies) were content fading out and being reality stars.

Legendary performance :bibliahh:

TayLord
1 hour ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Forgot about this :deadbanana2: they were not having it