Olivia Rodrigo performs DL + Deja Vu at MTV Push!

Thinking Of You

Why does she sing like that in Deja Vu? :deadbanana4:

”Why don’t you CAHHHHL her” “Let’s be HAHHHNEST” “Another AHHHctress” “She KNAHHHs Billy JOAHHLE” 

IStanHard

She has the most GORGEOUS voice in pop right now :worship2:

TOKYO.
Just now, IStanHard said:

She has the most GORGEOUS voice in pop right now :worship2:

Ariana says hi

IStanHard
1 minute ago, TOKYO. said:

Ariana says hi

Not my taste! :giraffe:

BuzzCharts

Her live vocals are incredible especially on Drives License.  Heard the song 1000 times and it still hits. 

both performances were amazing :clap3: her mesmerizing, emotive vocals carried. when the electric guitar kicks in during deja vu :jonny5:

Ampersand13

I didn't love the Deja Vu performance, but Drivers License sounded absolutely impeccable. I know some people like to make fun of the way she annunciates, but you simply can't deny that her voice is powerful and that she has a lot of talent. 

QueenofCopyPaste

She sounds INCREDIBLE

:jonny5:

And that guitar solo

Wew! Michelle Branch vibes

James_Dean
21 minutes ago, kaveer said:

She legit sings like this 

Which is what makes her unbearable imo :monkey:

Headlock
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Why does she sing like that in Deja Vu? :deadbanana4:

”Why don’t you CAHHHHL her” “Let’s be HAHHHNEST” “Another AHHHctress” “She KNAHHHs Billy JOAHHLE” 

She sounds fine? She certainly can stray into bananies and avocadies territory sometimes (like a lot of the new girls), but she didn't this time.

Edited by Headlock
private radio

holy crap… she killed those :jonny5:

i didn’t mind how she sang deja vu, it’s similar to the recording. you guys, this song is really hard to sing. :rip: i like how effortless she is with her connection to the “audience” ahhhh a PERFORMER

private radio
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TOKYO. said:

Ariana says hi

not my taste :cm:

no but seriously, great tone but to an extent. in terms of the soft whisper singing both of them are quite similar. with ariana, having more air and sounds more buttery like mariah. but then.. her tone when she belts…. :deadbanana4:

imma go with olivia on that one. it still sounds so soft and dreamy 🥺

ariana’s low notes win though. she needs to use it more often.

26 minutes ago, Headlock said:

She sounds fine? She certainly can stray into bananies and avocadies territory sometimes (like a lot of the new girls), but she didn't this time.

i didn’t hear it that much either.

Edited by private radio
BuzzCharts

Yea I can imagine Deja Vu being pretty difficult to sing live + its completely outside of her comfort zone as she has said several times.  Everything she has ever performed for HSMTMTS and DL has been piano based, so DV is something totally different to what she's accustomed to.  Regardless she still sounded great and I can't wait to hear both at the BRITS.  DL is gonna be another cultural reset live. 

private radio

her visuals are great too. her team is also killing it :clap3:

Thinking Of You
23 minutes ago, Headlock said:

She for sure went into that bananies and avocadies territory in Deja Vu, as I just pointed out. It sounds really forced. The first song was fine though 

Eglė

‘bananies and avocadies’ chile.... 

Ahhh my ****ING fave!!!!!!! I hope she does DV at the BRITs and not DL.

Gui Blackout

Her vocals are really good :clap3:and ofc she'll get even better with experience

private radio

no mention of taytay? :bibliahh:

y’all done bully the poor girl now she’s gonna enter that era like ari when she never mentions mariah :deadbanana4:

teenager

Drivers License was absolutely FAULTLESS.

Deja Vu was also EXCELLENT. She can obviously play guitar but obviously a bit less comfortable on the lead parts but I respect the hustle.

Not me about to buy a stan card :deadbanana2: