Song Of The Season 4 ? | Winner revealed! (pg. 54)

miguel

I was updating my ATRL discography chart yesterday (which caused me to miss out on both a call from a job agency and an item I wanted to buy - winning!) and realised I never included anything from Round 2 of the original SOTS onwards. I updated what I could, but since SOTS2 was hosted on Discord, I was wondering if you still had access to that info @Hugand if you knew what my embarrassing one-round placement for that season was?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prisoner

• Rence

• miguel

• Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

MQvdXpL.png

Welcome everyone to Round 1 of Song of the Season 4 (and apologies for the invisible banner to anyone using the light theme)! Thank you all for signing up. I'm very excited to be hosting this season and I can't wait to see what each of you bring to the table!

For this round, I want each of you to pick a constellation (you can find a complete list here), and write a piece inspired by it. It can be as concise or as vague as you want. If you wish, you can go into as many details about a story of the stars as you desire, or you can pick a constellation that relates to you at this moment, and tell your story through it. It's important you remember that the theme is here to serve as an inspiration and guide of what you can do with your song, and that you won't be judged/critiqued based on how well you fit the theme or not, but on your lyricism and story-telling.

The deadline for this round will be at 12:00 a.m on May 14th! Please submit your entries here!

Be creative, have fun, and if you're struggling to write, let the stars guide you! Happy writing!

Sign-ups will remain open until the deadline is over.

space galaxy tumblr png Sticker by ????? ッ

i'm really excited for this challenge and i think its important to remember you can be as detailed/inspired by the constellation you choose as you'd like, or you can simply use it as a metaphor (or maybe focus in on one key aspect of its mythology or origin) to inform your song.

something like The Archer as a representation of Sagittarius for example.  It's not explicitly about the constellation, but the archery aspect plays into a key moment of the song.

This thing I'm writing is kind of wild sdakflakjf. Like halfway between Dr. Seuss and a stoner's ramblings. Maybe closer to Dr. Seuss. Anyways we'll see how it goes over, I think it's kinda cute so far but who knows!!

Lovely challenge to begin with, hopefully I can think of something after work.

Kicking off quicker than I expected :jonny5:

I think I know which constellation I’m going to use, but hopefully I can pull it off.

10 hours ago, Aurora said:

I was updating my ATRL discography chart yesterday (which caused me to miss out on both a call from a job agency and an item I wanted to buy - winning!) and realised I never included anything from Round 2 of the original SOTS onwards. I updated what I could, but since SOTS2 was hosted on Discord, I was wondering if you still had access to that info @Hugand if you knew what my embarrassing one-round placement for that season was?

11th (out of 12 if you need that too) :dancehall:

16 minutes ago, Hug said:

11th (out of 12 if you need that too) :dancehall:

11th is fine, I just wasn't sure if it was my worst peak or not (it wasn't). :deadbanana4: Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that Round 2? I think I missed R1.

afM0VKE.png

Hello Aurorites! Apologies for the lack of updates to this blog since 2019; I was imprisoned for downloading an illegal copy of XCX World and held longer than expected because the guards didn't take kindly to being told to stream "playing God" 143 times per day. Anyway, I come with excellent news! In honour of the fourth Song of the Season tournament—the platform Aurora owes her career to—Aurora has decided to release a limited 'Multifaceted Edition' of her critically acclaimed, Platinum GRAMMY Award Winning* 2017 album 'Mine', featuring hits such as "Match Without Flame", "Confessions", "The Gift" and more, all with re-recorded vocals! The limited edition pressing contains a solo version of her collaboration with supergroup HAUS, who disbanded in mid-2018, as well as a rare early demo of 2017's Song of the Year "Aftertaste". Each 'Multifaceted Edition' album comes with one of 13 different crystals; collect them all! (Crystal is randomly selected per order; one crystal per transaction.)

04._Mine_Multifaceted_Edition_Front.png04._Mine_Multifaceted_Edition_Back.png

Rumour has it that Aurora plans to re-record all of her albums due to completely unforeseen circumstances that do not imply "Taylor Swift did it so why can't I?", so I hope you have your coins ready! Aurora is allegedly also working on her as of yet very secretive sixth studio album, tentatively titled 'Aurenaissance' (so secretive we already know the title). The lead single from the project is expected to drop within the coming weeks, unless of course the song underperforms, in which case it will be demoted to promo single or "palette cleanser". Until then, make sure to purchase your copy of 'Mine: Multifaceted Edition' and stream all of Aurora's catalogue on your favourite streaming platform!

*Platinum GRAMMYs were not actually held that year due to a civil war, but if they were, I'm sure Aurora would have won one!

36 minutes ago, Aurora said:

afM0VKE.png

Hello Aurorites! Apologies for the lack of updates to this blog since 2019; I was imprisoned for downloading an illegal copy of XCX World and held longer than expected because the guards didn't take kindly to being told to stream "playing God" 143 times per day. Anyway, I come with excellent news! In honour of the fourth Song of the Season tournament—the platform Aurora owes her career to—Aurora has decided to release a limited 'Multifaceted Edition' of her critically acclaimed, Platinum GRAMMY Award Winning* 2017 album 'Mine', featuring hits such as "Match Without Flame", "Confessions", "The Gift" and more, all with re-recorded vocals! The limited edition pressing contains a solo version of her collaboration with supergroup HAUS, who disbanded in mid-2018, as well as a rare early demo of 2017's Song of the Year "Aftertaste". Each 'Multifaceted Edition' album comes with one of 13 different crystals; collect them all! (Crystal is randomly selected per order; one crystal per transaction.)

Rumour has it that Aurora plans to re-record all of her albums due to completely unforeseen circumstances that do not imply "Taylor Swift did it so why can't I?", so I hope you have your coins ready! Aurora is allegedly also working on her as of yet very secretive sixth studio album, tentatively titled 'Aurenaissance' (so secretive we already know the title). The lead single from the project is expected to drop within the coming weeks, unless of course the song underperforms, in which case it will be demoted to promo single or "palette cleanser". Until then, make sure to purchase your copy of 'Mine: Multifaceted Edition' and stream all of Aurora's catalogue on your favourite streaming platform!

*Platinum GRAMMYs were not actually held that year due to a civil war, but if they were, I'm sure Aurora would have won one!

:alexz:

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

11th is fine, I just wasn't sure if it was my worst peak or not (it wasn't). :deadbanana4: Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that Round 2? I think I missed R1.

mhm it was round 2

@Hugsis, you ATE this beat UP

Star  :clap3:

OT: I can’t wait to get off work, and smoke my “vegetables” :eli: and gather inspiration for my work of ART! Top 2 and I will NOT be number 2 :celestial:

4 minutes ago, ProPopGirlStan said:

@Hugsis, you ATE this beat UP

Star  :clap3:

OT: I can’t wait to get off work, and smoke my “vegetables” :eli: and gather inspiration for my work of ART! Top 2 and I will NOT be number 2 :celestial:

Wait the promo for my soundcloud. Flattery gets you EVERYWHERE. My #1 :clap3:

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

afM0VKE.png

I'm getting a cut of the profits for my efforts in HAUS, yes?

eNwxqJa.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zxzIIfvYpKFKMj-ADG2HV8vJqPeAp2M3WU0WF0lxCtI/edit?usp=sharing

Here's how I decided to interpret the round, for anyone looking for inspiration/ideas on how to approach this challenge. (I don't think it'd be much an issue for any of the contestants to use multiple constellations either!)

I was going to ask if taking inspiration from multiple constellations was cool, but figured I wouldn’t be an extra bitch as per usual. :skull: 

Also yes, you’ll still have writing royalties. :keir:

2 hours ago, Hug said:

eNwxqJa.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zxzIIfvYpKFKMj-ADG2HV8vJqPeAp2M3WU0WF0lxCtI/edit?usp=sharing

Here's how I decided to interpret the round, for anyone looking for inspiration/ideas on how to approach this challenge. (I don't think it'd be much an issue for any of the contestants to use multiple constellations either!)

Wait this is so unique though. :eek: Very unique perspective. And the ending. :weeps: When you feel attachment to a dog you've known for all of 2 minutes that's when you know it's good.

Sign me up like a red sangria

1. Noah

2. luckystrike

3. Drifloon

4. Auburn

5. hurricane326

6. ProPopGirlStan

7. Selena_lavigne

8. OreGuy

9. 8thPrince

10. Astro

11. Dessy

12. Overprotected

13. Prisoner

14. ughgabriel

15. JonginBey

16. Jackson

17. Aurora

18. Speezy

and so on

:heart:

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Wait this is so unique though. :eek: Very unique perspective. And the ending. :weeps: When you feel attachment to a dog you've known for all of 2 minutes that's when you know it's good.

eee thank you 739720889398067282.png?v=1 I decided I'm going to write from the perspective of an animal at least once a season from now on

I think I have my constellation and concept.... wanna try something new and write to melody for my songs this season (And maybe a couple other ideas, if I have the time :eatpopcorn:) I've written my first verse's melody through 2nd chorus, now I'm gonna start writing lyrics and hopefully think up a bridge along the way

3 minutes ago, 8thPrince said:

I think I have my constellation and concept.... wanna try something new and write to melody for my songs this season (And maybe a couple other ideas, if I have the time :eatpopcorn:) I've written my first verse's melody through 2nd chorus, now I'm gonna start writing lyrics and hopefully think up a bridge along the way

omg musician 8th is here :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.