Song Of The Season 4 ? | Winner revealed! (pg. 54)

miguel

So I got my second dose of the covid vaccine a couple days ago! :D

I'm still doing my best to recover, but if you've been lucky enough to get the vaccine before, you'll know you feel sore and tired and all that for a few days afterwards. The timing just did not go well with this challenge. This is all to say my reviews are not coming today because I am not happy with how my attempt at reviewing has been going so far, so I'll be doing my best to do it tomorrow instead.

Apologies for being a bit later since I like to let you guys have some crumbs after the deadline bc I know some of you submit early and I KNOW THE FEELING OF WAITING AS A CONTESTANT!! I just want to make sure my reviews aren't...complete dog shit? :skull: so yeah bear with me a little bit if you could thanks <3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prisoner

• Rence

• miguel

• Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

Take your time please. Meanwhile we'll get our inspiration for the next round and try to decipher the clues planted in the last few pages :ohwow:

7 hours ago, Hug said:

So I got my second dose of the covid vaccine a couple days ago! :D

I'm still doing my best to recover, but if you've been lucky enough to get the vaccine before, you'll know you feel sore and tired and all that for a few days afterwards. The timing just did not go well with this challenge. This is all to say my reviews are not coming today because I am not happy with how my attempt at reviewing has been going so far, so I'll be doing my best to do it tomorrow instead.

Apologies for being a bit later since I like to let you guys have some crumbs after the deadline bc I know some of you submit early and I KNOW THE FEELING OF WAITING AS A CONTESTANT!! I just want to make sure my reviews aren't...complete dog ****? :skull: so yeah bear with me a little bit if you could thanks <3

Take your time, King. You’ll feel brand new when the symptoms subside :gaycat1:

PlarJYz.png

@hurricane326 @Aurora @JonginBey @Jackson @Prisoner @Dessy @Astro @ anon  @8thPrince @Gastrodonatella @Auburn @Drifloon @Overprotected

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12LV-dsNgKlCfCuQQVCvEF4CR8lz5whjotlmxfSfilvg/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to everyone who submitted this week! Maybe this challenge was a bit difficult for so early in the game, but I feel you rose to the occasion and gave us some great entries. <3

thank you @Hug! i hope you’re feeling better today, i remember how awful i felt after my vaccine. i’ve read my song at least half a dozen times and a few other people have read it as well and i never noticed the double and :shutup: 

40 minutes ago, Jackson said:

i’ve read my song at least half a dozen times and a few other people have read it as well and i never noticed the double and :shutup: 

@ me next time you rat

Thanks @Hug! Sports anime was DEFINITELY the inspiration behind my entry this week: I spent the first several days binging baseball anime (Battery, Big Windup & Ace of Diamond) doing “research” for my song. I actually had the idea in mind of “what happens when the stereotypical shounen sports anime protagonist is outclassed by the REAL protagonist?” and that inspired the rest of the song and characterization. Glad it came across!

Glad you enjoyed it Hug and hope your recovery is going well.

Thank you for the review, Oppa :hug:

thanks Hug :hug:  

Thank you for the review @Hug :jonny5:  

Spoiler

I also HOPE you don’t see this as shade, because it’s NOT, but I was getting sort of like...children’s story from this. Just in the more simple presentation and word choice. If I were to pitch this to a target demographic, I’d say preteens, but a couple of the bigger words could be replaced and it could be for a younger audience.

I'm actually glad that you mentioned this because that's part of what I wanted to achieve with the song. To use words like 'dream' or 'hope' instead of 'death' so that the song would feel more 'soft', so thank you :dies:

Thank you! @minho :heart2:

Sorry I've been slow-going with my reviews this week. I've had a crazy week or two of work :chick3:

Loving what I'm reading so far though, will get them posted tomorrow :heart:

nPaTkjm46z1tfouhb32i_k1uiEWKFsNBEBSMtGAHfq9xkS4FA-Rm8aoNLL5zUXsv4M1zIudKTisw9IlcYlgKf9tda5FtJlmC9MzhVpuU6XrJY-xYsLJzbB4AxWE336Kl5mjLjZgt

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MSjEomC69wwqNjR2J0l6nTG3q0YJrOozzo_ZdQBpJQU/edit?usp=sharing

I didn't have much to say but I think there were a lot of great entries this round. You guys are really talented :heart2:

Thank you for the reviews, judges :jonny5:

And oh, it's time to update the tracklist :gaygacat9:

Prisoner - TBA (Album name will be revealed soon :redface:)

1. Hopelessly Devoted To You

2. One day you're driving your dad's old car

3. Beyond The Backyard Fence

Spoiler

Beyond The Backyard Fence

Beyond the backyard fence

Across the summer street

A little boy passes

Riding his bicycle

Singing to the green grasses

Youthful fun on the swings

Joyful ride on the streets

All it takes is a mistake

A misstep in one's tracks

To fall into the unknown lake

Of doom and danger here

The tiniest accidents

And the smallest mistakes

Can take a dream away

Leaving lonely homes in its wake

With the force of nature

The winds will go on as is

So when the summer leaves 

For the autumn of loss

Who will the parents have to blame?

The cat in the backyard

Plays with a ball of yarn

For the day is patient

And could not have yet known

Of how sometimes homes get vacant

And isn't it just a bit sad

That the sun is so full of hope

That the sky is so beautiful

And that the flowers are so full of life?

And isn't it just a bit cruel

That the kids will ride on their swings

That the birds will dance with their wings

And that the days will go on as is?

The green grasses dance

To the tune of the wind

As the people gather

Across the summer street

To see a fragile hope shatter

Beyond the backyard fence

Across the summer street

A little boy stays still

Lying on the concrete

To sleep forever in peace

The song which inspired my entry- a singing frog

thank you judges :heart: 

7 hours ago, Prisoner said:

The song which inspired my entry- a singing frog

Wait 713289623068999762.png?v=1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.