Song Of The Season 4 ? | Winner revealed! (pg. 54)

miguel

On 5/29/2021 at 7:27 PM, Jackson said:

Thanks for getting reviews back so fast @Hug. I'm glad you liked my opening couplet- I knew "mutilated"/"bastardizing" was a bit risky as a starting point so I'm glad you appreciated the tone it set. The chorus was also I part I spent at least 30 minutes writing despite just being 4 lines in order to have it roll smoothly off the tongue so I'm glad you got that too. This was one of my favorite songs to write that I can remember and I'm definitely much more proud of this than my last one.

My song if anyone else wants to read.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OxAtgcztvYm_Il7ntux71_agr_e87_FzOdrdU73wanM/edit?usp=sharing

I read through the others in the thread and honestly they're all great. Not sure what has attracted this much talent to this season but I'm glad we got quality rather than quantity of contestants.

bumping in case anyone else wants to read 

i broke the katy perry curse, this is my 10th career #1 now. i was thinking this was my witness era after last week 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prisoner

• Rence

• miguel

• Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

Rigged! A tie was deserved!

I’m so happy for Jacko tho whew when I first saw Stolen Home I knew I’d seen a winner in advance. Wig gentrificated!

I'm sure you're aware already, but @hurricane326writers like you are why we have the comeback structured the way we do. We know what kind of writer you are, and even if this wasn't your best week, we'd love to see you do the comeback (if you want to, of course!) you're truly a force to be reckoned with.

wait the hurricane elim wasn’t a joke?

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

No? Why would we laugh about someone else’s tragedy? Have some respect.

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

No it wasn't

13 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

a8a60e5c6378762f5b1c2cad2c3829f0.png

we-

a8a60e5c6378762f5b1c2cad2c3829f0.png

5 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

respect???? RESPECT???????????????????????????? where was MY respect when i didn't submit for more than 1 round of sots3 and somehow got eliminated?????????????????????????

Ask @Prisoner. That’s all i will say.

5 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

you're next.

tumblr_nx23osIVl91r8295vo2_250.gif

I’m calling the host about this !

4 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Ask @Prisoner. That’s all i will say.

why would you do this gabe?

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Gastrodonatella said:

where's the next round i need my beauty sleep

!!!

Not the Aurenaissance era looking more like an Aurrelevant era. Back to square one we go!

35 minutes ago, Jackson said:

akjdsshjkad i had totally forgotten about this iconic moment

We would always quote it during sots2 ? congrats on your #1 btw <3

Thanks Reiders for helping my LEAD single debut at #1! Buzz single Sculpt the Stars was obviously a treat just for the fans

5 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

We would always quote it during sots2 ? congrats on your #1 btw <3

Thanks :heart2: I still remember exactly where I was during that fiasco though. I was washing my car at my grandma's house, cracking up at my phone meanwhile this user (idr who it was anymore?) is lashing out at everyone. Probably for the best judges these days are a little gentler with critiques though 

Top 2 and he’s number 2 @Gastrodonatella :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Hug said:

YGiW3sv.png

Ugh, I've kept you all here for nearly an hour and I'm SORRY. We just have one more thing to do before we actually announce who won.

...DID JonginBestie make the comeback?

...yes, they did! @JonginBeycongratulations! You can submit for next week as a regular contestant. Welcome to the game~

The servers were a mess earlier, and I was at work, so I couldn’t properly read or react to anything :deadbanana: but omg, thank you! Worked on Ruins for about 5 days and nearly gave up, but I’m still HERE.

200.gif

Also, here is Ruins if anyone wants to read, the sequel to my 2019 top ten hit Iridescence

5 hours ago, JonginBey said:

Also, here is Ruins if anyone wants to read, the sequel to my 2019 top ten hit Iridescence

Oh wow two bops, I love the tasteful use of parentheses, I used to use them in earlier writing and got clocked a lot for it n, but I still think it can be a pretty lyrical device as you have demonstrated. The "resentment/foresee" couplet in the second pre-chorus was spectacular! Iridescence is also great.

afM0VKE.png

Good afternoon Aurorites, we have some new information exclusive to the blog this update! We'll get to that in a moment. Right now, we must talk about the performance of Aurora's latest offering, "2"! The new single was released last week to acclaim from most critics, and recently debuted at #6 on the SOTS Charts, just ahead of Aurora's previous single ""Satan, Not Today!"" which came in at #7. Aurora again took to Instagram to thank her followers for their support as an independent artist, however one interaction left Aurorites rather confused... a fan commented, "is this the next official single love x," to which Aurora simply responded, "Lead. ??" Aurorites will of course remember a similar response was made last fortnight after the #7 debut of ""Satan, Not Today!"" on the SOTS Charts. This caused much speculation amongst fans, from whether or not the prior single would be scrapped, or if perhaps Aurora was working on two separate albums? However only the pre-order for upcoming album 'Aurenaissance' remains.

02._2.png06._Aurenaissance_Front.png

While Aurora herself has been radio silent since the confusing Instagram comment, we did some digging and according to an anonymous source, Aurora's upcoming album will be comprised of two parts, or "sides", similar to classic vinyl records. The first part, allegedly dubbed the "Exocanvas", will feature material exploring themes that Aurora has been inspired by and resonates with, while the second part, the "Endocanvas", will explore Aurora's own experiences and voice within. While this is all still speculation at this stage, it would seemingly support Aurora's Instagram claim of two lead singles, one from each "side", and echo the dichotomy between the themes of both ""Satan, Not Today!"" and "2".

If true, which "side" are you most excited for; the "Exocanvas" or the "Endocanvas"? In the meantime, pre-order/pre-save 'Aurenaissance', buy/stream singles ""Satan, Not Today!"" and "2", and don't forget to support Aurora's collection of 5 reissues, including the new body of work 'Scrapbook: Recycled'!

Summer's Evidence

Spoiler

[VERSE 1]

Faster than I could turn the calendar page

Drenched in reminders and exam dates

June somehow suddenly arrived

My uniform’s on the hanger, still dripping sweat

And study guides pour off of my desk,

But it must’ve come when I realized:

You swapped your crewnecks

For a Bardot neckline

[CHORUS]

The flecks of summer on your shoulders,

That beam that leaves a single strand of hair dyed

Is all the evidence I need

The distance my eyes will travel

From your collarbones to lips:

There’s not a moment unnoticed by me

Dewdrops on soda cans abandoned

As we raced to the lake, the forest’s palette

Is stained all over my white tee

The sunlight threading through the branches

Like you weave through the trees, your dress’s pinwheel

Is proof my summer’s beginning

[VERSE 2]

Your flats and my loafers both sit on the shore

Where two pairs of Converse were kicked off before

But this year they’re both neatly aligned

The bottle of mineral water you brought

Is the only relief from the heat that we’ve got

So as I lift it to my lips

I ask if this summer will ignite

With this secondhand kiss?

[CHORUS]

Your laughter clear as the bottle

Of crystal water I failed waterfalling

And spilled all over my blue jeans

The milliseconds of silence

That lapse between each splintered conversation

All counted by me

The way you hitch up your skirt hem

To vault a wooden fence you used as a shortcut

Way back when we were both thirteen

Your dress that wraps up all the colors

Of summertime and all my mixed emotions

Is proof that first love’s beginning

[BRIDGE]

In the few seconds I had spent

Carefully rolling up my pant legs

You were neck-deep inside the lake

Even if I hoped to reach you there

Or shielded my eyes from the sun’s glare:

I’d lose you completely

Behind the crest of each wave

[CHORUS]

The way the water cuts my breath short

And keeps me from even calling your name out

Is all the evidence I need

The milliseconds of silence

That lapse each time we see

Our talks aren’t easy like they used to be

Your dress that whipped through the forest

And just out of my reach is now a white flag,

A banner of my timidity

And when you slip through the branches

And disappear with the last rays of sunlight

It’s proof that my summer’s ending

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.