Song Of The Season 4 ? | Winner revealed! (pg. 54)

miguel

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prisoner

• Rence

• miguel

• Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Jackson said:

The concept here is so unexpected but it works really well. It's very emotional but like you mentioned I could see this being a children's book. I'm stanning :jonny:

Thanks @Hug! I definitely agree with what you said about the bridge. The sculptor needed to die so I could write the ending of the song about his child looking up into the night sky to see him in the stars (which is why I wrote it from his child's perspective), but I couldn't find a way to write the death that wasn't a little awkward. That would have been cool to have it be from his perspective.

Thanks <3

2 hours ago, JonginBey said:

So sorry I didn’t submit anything. I just didn’t have it in me :weeps: I’ll definitely try to tackle the comeback round.

emoji.png?width=430&height=430

Thanks for the review Hug. :hug: You're definitely right about the second verse feeling more generalised than the first, because that's just how I experienced life I suppose. A lot of things throughout 2020 and into early 2021, and also one very specific event a week or so ago now. Focusing on one specific aspect from that 2020-2021 time period might have made for a more immersive experience, for sure.

And oh wow, another anon sub? :cupid: I wonder who it could be? I'm going to read everyone's submissions that have kindly posted them in here. :duca: I won't leave unsolicited feedback, just know I'm bopping. :jamming: And I'll probably continue to work on my song's production today and maybe post the lyrics either alongside it or shortly before results, whatever comes first I guess.

We love unsolicited feedback, don’t be shy!

1 minute ago, ughgabriel said:

We love unsolicited feedback, don’t be shy!

Some people don't. :chick3:

I just finished reading all of the ones posted in here though, and man, I can see why Hug said it was the hardest debut round he's judged! Did you make that instrumental for SOTS3? It was very calming and suited the lyrics perfectly. After each other section I had to stop and just say, "Wow, beautiful," aloud. :smitten2:

Just began charging up my old laptop that I haven't even attempted to power on since January 2020. It became very slow and started to show signs of failure in December 2019, and died on the 6th of January, forcing me to get a new computer after 7 long years (it was a mid-2012 model MacBook). I'm posting this here because I know it had all of my old songs from PH6, 7, and possibly even some from 10 on it, which I eventually planned to upload to Google Docs. I only ever got around to uploading a select few "favourites", however, and fear the rest has been lost to time. The night before my laptop officially died I had a bad feeling and transferred what I thought was all of my files to a storage device. Turns out I missed a whole folder which contained a bunch of stuff I would have liked to preserve, including these songs.

I'm not holding out much hope, but I also am a lot more knowledgable since 2019/2020 as far as tech goes, so fingers crossed I'll be able to get it up long enough to salvage something. :cries: I think it would be terribly iconic to see my old cringe stuff and perhaps after this season is over, revisit it and rework some things into stuff that I'd be happy to put my name to today!

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Just began charging up my old laptop that I haven't even attempted to power on since January 2020. It became very slow and started to show signs of failure in December 2019, and died on the 6th of January, forcing me to get a new computer after 7 long years (it was a mid-2012 model MacBook). I'm posting this here because I know it had all of my old songs from PH6, 7, and possibly even some from 10 on it, which I eventually planned to upload to Google Docs. I only ever got around to uploading a select few "favourites", however, and fear the rest has been lost to time. The night before my laptop officially died I had a bad feeling and transferred what I thought was all of my files to a storage device. Turns out I missed a whole folder which contained a bunch of stuff I would have liked to preserve, including these songs.

I'm not holding out much hope, but I also am a lot more knowledgable since 2019/2020 as far as tech goes, so fingers crossed I'll be able to get it up long enough to salvage something. :cries: I think it would be terribly iconic to see my old cringe stuff and perhaps after this season is over, revisit it and rework some things into stuff that I'd be happy to put my name to today!

I have an old laptop with some stuff on it, too, but thankfully I was able to upload some things I wanted to my Drive. Mostly FL Studio projects for some of my older songs. I do want to go back to some of those someday and remaster them (since my ear for that sort of thing is better these days) and maybe rearrange them idk. We'll see! Going down memory lane is fun, though.

9 hours ago, Hug said:

Omg the production is a SMASH. It's so ethereal and beautiful color me SHOOK.

Thank you, king :shy: :heart:

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

Some people don't. :chick3:

I just finished reading all of the ones posted in here though, and man, I can see why Hug said it was the hardest debut round he's judged! Did you make that instrumental for SOTS3? It was very calming and suited the lyrics perfectly. After each other section I had to stop and just say, "Wow, beautiful," aloud. :smitten2:

I did! I made it for last season but never found a chance to write something to it, I'm glad you enjoyed it :heart2: I'd be really interested to check what you wrote and produced for this round. Lets collab king :emofish:

OMG I DID IT :jonny5:The laptop still won't start up in normal mode but I was able to start it up in internet recovery mode and then salvage that missing folder by creating a disk image and transferring it to my current SSD. :jonny2: This has everything from all past seasons including seasons I hosted, reviews, lyrics, artworks, PSD files, stuff I forgot I even lost. :weeps: This is a good day.

15 minutes ago, Aurora said:

OMG I DID IT :jonny5:The laptop still won't start up in normal mode but I was able to start it up in internet recovery mode and then salvage that missing folder by creating a disk image and transferring it to my current SSD. :jonny2: This has everything from all past seasons including seasons I hosted, reviews, lyrics, artworks, PSD files, stuff I forgot I even lost. :weeps: This is a good day.

I just peeked at your platinum discography in your sig and I loveeee the organization :eek: also sooo many of your titles sound very interesting, my career goes back only to SOTS2 so it's very interesting to see the work of some veterans in this game, love that :heart2: 

tSkXhKD.png

Hi everyone!  I really liked your songs this week, and it's only week 1, I-

Basically I really was impressed with how everyone interpreted different constellations. Also just wanted to say I think its totally fine to take the round themes as literally or as vaguely as you want. At the end of the day all that matters is you came up with a song you are interested in and feel good about, the themes are really just pointers or guidelines.

ANYWAY let me stop being annoying.

Here are my reviews in a google doc. Out of respect to everyone I chose to just include the song titles rather than who sent what, in case you prefer to remain anonymous or just want to keep things more lowkey.  You should be able to command+f to find your song title, or I made them like "headings" so there's a table of contents on the left that you can just click to find.  I tried to write something helpful/useful for everyone but sometimes I also just said "wow this bops". 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13nHyibwfakS1itTxjHHn1PlVd5OwdL7UaEDcd9jDdZs/edit?usp=sharing

also let me know if the tag list works :skull: i can never get those right

funnellegs peeking :rom: 

1 hour ago, luckystrike said:

I just peeked at your platinum discography in your sig and I loveeee the organization :eek: also sooo many of your titles sound very interesting, my career goes back only to SOTS2 so it's very interesting to see the work of some veterans in this game, love that :heart2: 

Aw, thank you! :heart: It's something I've been periodically keeping updated since shortly after PH11 began. What seemed kind of silly at first, I'm so glad I did, now that OldTRL is inaccessible and had I not made it, all of this "data" would be lost, and I think it's kind of nice to be able to reflect on my growth in such a tangible way.

I'm currently working on properly archiving my old material and turning them into the "albums" they always were supposed to be, and I'm so so glad I was able to salvage all the old lyrics earlier today.

Not me ignoring minho. :deadbanana4: I actually read the feedback about an hour ago and was going to include a comment in my last post but got distracted. :skull:

Anyway, thank you for the review! :hug: I'm certainly no stranger to the "artful language inhibits emotional sentiment" critique, and I definitely get what you mean. Hopefully that balance will be a little better in the next one.

thanks minho :emofish:

@minho I'm glad that you liked the two perspectives and said that it works because this was the first song I ever wrote as a 'duet' and I was a bit unsure of it at first. I also get what you mean by the descriptions being a bit literal but yes like you said, considering the theme, I was afraid the song might come off as too fluffy otherwise. But still I get it. Thank you so much for the feedback :heart: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.