Song Of The Season 4 ? | Winner revealed! (pg. 54)

miguel

4 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

If it you get a top 15 debut, post it :hi:

Not you posting this knowing full well there aren't 15 submissions and that I've never charted outside the Top 15 :fan:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prisoner

• Rence

• miguel

• Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Not you posting this knowing full well there aren't 15 submissions and that I've never charted outside the Top 15 :fan:

Just post it then! 

11 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Just post it then! 

I've only finished recording the vocals, I haven't produced them yet. In fact I haven't even produced the... production. :deadbanana2: I decided to do the vocals first since I had the melody already and thought it might be easier to build around that? I'm still new to all of this. But it's fun! I also recorded like 6 takes of everything so I can chop and choose the best parts and play around with effects and panning and doubling and what not even tho it's just a demo kii.

In other news, I've updated my signature in preparation for another chart run. :keir:

Pretty much done. Who do I need to send this to? No idea how SOTS even works :deadbanana:

41 minutes ago, CountryBritney said:

Pretty much done. Who do I need to send this to? No idea how SOTS even works :deadbanana:

Hi, you can submit here:

On 5/5/2021 at 9:58 AM, miguel said:

MQvdXpL.png

Welcome everyone to Round 1 of Song of the Season 4 (and apologies for the invisible banner to anyone using the light theme)! Thank you all for signing up. I'm very excited to be hosting this season and I can't wait to see what each of you bring to the table!

For this round, I want each of you to pick a constellation (you can find a complete list here), and write a piece inspired by it. It can be as concise or as vague as you want. If you wish, you can go into as many details about a story of the stars as you desire, or you can pick a constellation that relates to you at this moment, and tell your story through it. It's important you remember that the theme is here to serve as an inspiration and guide of what you can do with your song, and that you won't be judged/critiqued based on how well you fit the theme or not, but on your lyricism and story-telling.

The deadline for this round will be at 12:00 a.m on May 14th! Please submit your entries here!

Be creative, have fun, and if you're struggling to write, let the stars guide you! Happy writing!

Sign-ups will remain open until the deadline is over.

space galaxy tumblr png Sticker by ????? ッ

43 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Hi, you can submit here:

Thank you! Sent! 

Track One - Misery Never Goes Out Of Style

RIOT-OF-RENEGADES.jpg

Edited by CountryBritney

1 minute ago, CountryBritney said:

This is absolutely gorgeous. 

Aw thank you <3

PlarJYz.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18wPRJyz7DelQW-Lhj7KZuvUeTqzg7S2-TxqN4upobiA/edit?usp=sharing

@hurricane326 @Gastrodonatella @Astro @ProPopGirlStan @Aurora @Prisoner @8thPrince @Jackson @ whoever decided to send anonymously @Drifloon @Dessy @Auburn @ughgabriel @Overprotected @Noah @luckystrike @CountryBritney

This was unironically the strongest Round 1 I've ever judged, so eliminating someone is gonna suck. :skull: Great job all, though!

Thank you for the feedback @Hug

So yes, it's supposed to be "I've made you my God" since that's how I always read it before you pointed it out. Can't believe I missed that :skull: and also I agree with the final line of the bridge, even I have trouble reading that part sometimes nnn. Thank you for saying I took a risk :shy: So I looked back at my songs from the previous seasons and I noticed that I haven't really strayed away from the 'childlike' voice or innocence or whatever, so I wrote something a bit more extreme in hopes that new creativity would flow. Anyway I submitted this BDSM entry fully expecting to be dragged so this was a fun surprise ? 

17 entries omg :jonny5:

Let me share my song as well :blush: 

Thank you Hug, and you were so fast and detailed to boot :jonny5:

Yes that was an original line, I’m happy you liked it cuz it was one of my favorites too! 

7 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

OMG this is a bop and a really interesting read too

looks like everybody is sharing songs, I’ll post my instrumental+lyrics sometime soon :lakitu:

1 minute ago, 8thPrince said:

OMG this is a bop and a really interesting read too

looks like everybody is sharing songs, I’ll post my instrumental+lyrics sometime soon :lakitu:

thank you :katie2:

----

also can't wait for that :katie2: Wish i can make instrumentals too

So sorry I didn’t submit anything. I just didn’t have it in me :weeps: I’ll definitely try to tackle the comeback round.

Thank you @Hug, sorry it took me so long to submit but at least I've actually submitted for once :rip:

3 hours ago, Drifloon said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15gL9t3i-pDM8IgSyg_qzVJj3iBL0zUky5iZlRTxELb0/edit?usp=sharing

This is my song for the round if anyone is curious, it's called When the Fish Fly <3

The concept here is so unexpected but it works really well. It's very emotional but like you mentioned I could see this being a children's book. I'm stanning :jonny:

Thanks @Hug! I definitely agree with what you said about the bridge. The sculptor needed to die so I could write the ending of the song about his child looking up into the night sky to see him in the stars (which is why I wrote it from his child's perspective), but I couldn't find a way to write the death that wasn't a little awkward. That would have been cool to have it be from his perspective.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.