Song Of The Season 4 ? | Winner revealed! (pg. 54)

miguel

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Huge congratulations to Auburn! I really want to read your song now because it sounded lovely from the feedback. :heart: Also congrats to Prisoner for making the finale, of course.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming—at least the Top 2 and me being either third or fourth. While I appreciate an extra opportunity to write, and the time constraint won't be an issue for me, I will wait to see how Jackson feels about it before beginning out of respect for a friend who I don't necessarily enjoy being pitted against specifically. Another downside to this seemingly fast-tracked finale is that I assume 8thPrince will be denied a possible comeback opportunity after not submitting this round despite his otherwise extremely impressive performance this season. :celestial5:

In regards of the comeback, the judges and I established that there would be no comeback rounds after we reached Top 5. And while maybe I would make an exception under certain circumstances, 8thPrince hasn't reached out either privately or publicly to acknowledge his non-send, so there's not much I can do in that aspect.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prisoner

• Rence

• miguel

• Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

i've talked to 8th offline and he was planning on a comeback opportunity since there were 6 at the beginning of this round (him and Dessy). of course i don't want to speak for him and i have no idea what dessy's intentions were. frankly, i won't have a lot of time the next few days between moving and having a really busy week at work so i can't guarantee being able to submit anything. congrats to auburn on the #1 :party:. i hope we can work something out for this next round 

7 minutes ago, Jackson said:

i've talked to 8th offline and he was planning on a comeback opportunity since there were 6 at the beginning of this round (him and Dessy). of course i don't want to speak for him and i have no idea what dessy's intentions were. frankly, i won't have a lot of time the next few days between moving and having a really busy week at work so i can't guarantee being able to submit anything. congrats to auburn on the #1 :party:. i hope we can work something out for this next round 

Even if Dessy had sent, we would be at the Top 5 by the end of the round, hence no more comebacks. He was aware of that because he personally dm'd me and told me he wasn't going to be able to send. I really wish 8th would've reached out to me personally, because I could've extended the deadline or made an exception, but i'm not sure there's much I can do for him at this point.

However, if time is really an issue for you, we can do another tiebreaker challenge, this time with a theme and a week-long deadline like usual.

39 minutes ago, miguel said:

Even if Dessy had sent, we would be at the Top 5 by the end of the round, hence no more comebacks. He was aware of that because he personally dm'd me and told me he wasn't going to be able to send. I really wish 8th would've reached out to me personally, because I could've extended the deadline or made an exception, but i'm not sure there's much I can do for him at this point.

However, if time is really an issue for you, we can do another tiebreaker challenge, this time with a theme and a week-long deadline like usual.

Ah, I didn't see anything about a Top 5 cutoff for comebacks, but I suppose that does make sense. Although given 8th and Dessy (who I neglected to mention earlier, oops!) were part of the Top 6 I would think their comebacks were still valid even in this instance?

I have no objections to writing a song in 48 hours tbh. But I think it would be nice to extend the opportunity to 8th and Dessy as well for a place in the finale, rather than it being a 1-on-1. If possible, and if @8thPrinceand @Dessywere wanting to, I think it would be best to have a proper, week-long semi-final, and grant Auburn and Prisoner immunity/their place in the finale since they've definitely earned it.

My main qualm is the 1 vs 1 nature of this challenge.

10 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Ah, I didn't see anything about a Top 5 cutoff for comebacks, but I suppose that does make sense. Although given 8th and Dessy (who I neglected to mention earlier, oops!) were part of the Top 6 I would think their comebacks were still valid even in this instance?

As I said earlier, not really, because even if both of them sent we were going to be at Top 5 after the round was over.

11 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I have no objections to writing a song in 48 hours tbh. But I think it would be nice to extend the opportunity to 8th and Dessy as well for a place in the finale, rather than it being a 1-on-1. If possible, and if @8thPrinceand @Dessywere wanting to, I think it would be best to have a proper, week-long semi-final, and grant Auburn and Prisoner immunity/their place in the finale since they've definitely earned it.

My main qualm is the 1 vs 1 nature of this challenge.

However, I actually really like this idea, and I'm more than willing to do it if all of you agree on it. However, I'll probably change the challenge to a normal one with a longer deadline since Jackson said he was having a busy week.

If you all decide this is indeed what you want, I'll post the actual challenge tomorrow morning. Just confirm as soon as you can! @Aurora @Jackson @Dessy @8thPrince

11 minutes ago, miguel said:

As I said earlier, not really, because even if both of them sent we were going to be at Top 5 after the round was over.

However, I actually really like this idea, and I'm more than willing to do it if all of you agree on it. However, I'll probably change the challenge to a normal one with a longer deadline since Jackson said he was having a busy week.

If you all decide this is indeed what you want, I'll post the actual challenge tomorrow morning. Just confirm as soon as you can! @Aurora @Jackson @Dessy @8thPrince

Ooh I see, I considered contestants with comeback opportunities as being in danger of elimination rather than being eliminated, so I was still seeing it as a Top 6. :deadbanana2:My bad.

I'm down for a week-long seventh round semi-finale should the others be. :matty: I'll probably start writing something now regardless because I still have quite a few empty slots on my track list and writing a couple songs this week won't hurt.

i would absolutely welcome more competition if they're interested. regardless, more time is probably the best idea 

Welp I got called in for a last minute 5 hour shift this morning which is now an 8.5 hour shift so :deadbanana2:either way I’d appreciate a longer deadline too

Rmfm9ek.png

Welcome to the semi-finale!

For this round, I want you guys to send me one of the songs you've sent for this season of SOTS, but re-written as if it had happened in an alternate universe. There's several ways you can go about this, including but not limited to, writing the same events happen, but from a different persepective/POV, or writing from the same perspective, but changing the events that unfolded in the original song. You can go as out of the box as you want, as long as the song maintains some relation to the original song you sent prior this season.

@Auburn @Prisoner both of you have already secured a spot in the finale, so sending for this round is optional. If you do send, you will be reviewed and "judged" like every round, but won't be included in the rankings.

@Aurora @Jackson @8thPrince @Dessy for you guys this round will serve as both a tiebreaker and a comeback round. The winner will secure the third and last place in the finale.

You have until next Friday, August 13th, to send in your songs!

Good luck and happy writing!

Submission form

Kinda sad I got called into work and didn't get to write something in 48 hours since I've done that for the past two challenges anyway (:skull:) but life be lifein'.

I like the concept of the new challenge round and hope I can come up with something, and the extra week is definitely appreciated. Hopefully we see a decent turnout!:party: Also an 8 round season is #aesthetic for the streaming era.

good luck to everyone :gaycat4: I'll most likely not submit anything but we'll see, if the creativity comes then maybe :foxaylove3:

pen be pennin'

?

PlarJYz.png

So there's only one entry to judge here, so I'm not bothering with a document for this!!

@Jackson and @Aurora- ?
Well, I could sit here and tell you that your technicality here is immaculate (it is), that the creativity was welcome (it was), or that I was once again impressed and enthralled (I was), but I suppose stroking egos won't really help much at this point. If there's any shred of doubt left, know I think both of you are incredibly skilled writers and seeing what you, and others that have played these games, do with every challenge gives me a reminder of why I enjoy writing, and this game, to begin with. I suppose the only thing left to do is say: I laughed! Whether you want to admit it or not this IS commentary! This entire thing being a double message was fun, and you even called the hostie miguel out, and me as a consequence mind! Love that for you, though. We love a stunt queen.

Just know I voted to have you both in the finale. :dancehall:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.