Song Of The Season 4 ? | Winner revealed! (pg. 54)

miguel

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prisoner

• Rence

• miguel

• Aurora

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, fountain said:

Loves it

Thank you so much :shy: :heart:

Thanks for getting reviews back so fast @Hug. I'm glad you liked my opening couplet- I knew "mutilated"/"bastardizing" was a bit risky as a starting point so I'm glad you appreciated the tone it set. The chorus was also I part I spent at least 30 minutes writing despite just being 4 lines in order to have it roll smoothly off the tongue so I'm glad you got that too. This was one of my favorite songs to write that I can remember and I'm definitely much more proud of this than my last one.

My song if anyone else wants to read.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OxAtgcztvYm_Il7ntux71_agr_e87_FzOdrdU73wanM/edit?usp=sharing

I read through the others in the thread and honestly they're all great. Not sure what has attracted this much talent to this season but I'm glad we got quality rather than quantity of contestants.

Thank you for the review, @Hug:angel:Not my ass still being out of touch with what language is considered elevated after this long, pre-order my new single Walking Thesaurus. On a serious note, I'm glad you appreciated the message of the song, as well noted the angle I chose was from a more unique perspective.

@ughgabriel as gorgeous as ever, I loved the use of different colors from the spectrum surrounding your color of choice as a way to "blend" them into yours. Reminds me of a Halsey's Colors bridge tea, but more positive and artful. The whole intimate garden quatrain was stellar! :smitten:

@Prisonerum all I'll say is I could never submit something like this, so I admire your risk-taking, like wow. :eek: The title is serving "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it" #indie but it totally works for this song. There were thought provoking moments all throughout, and the more intentionally jarring lyrics made them stand out even more.

As far as the .5 discussions go, I could have sworn there was a Season 12.5? I can't seem to find it though and I don't remember much about it other than it was a thing, or at least it was going to be a thing. Maybe it was scrapped for SOTS1? That whole time period is kind of foggy to me.

42 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Thanks for getting reviews back so fast @Hug. I'm glad you liked my opening couplet- I knew "mutilated"/"bastardizing" was a bit risky as a starting point so I'm glad you appreciated the tone it set. The chorus was also I part I spent at least 30 minutes writing despite just being 4 lines in order to have it roll smoothly off the tongue so I'm glad you got that too. This was one of my favorite songs to write that I can remember and I'm definitely much more proud of this than my last one.

My song if anyone else wants to read.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OxAtgcztvYm_Il7ntux71_agr_e87_FzOdrdU73wanM/edit?usp=sharing

I read through the others in the thread and honestly they're all great. Not sure what has attracted this much talent to this season but I'm glad we got quality rather than quantity of contestants.

Have to say I have missed Jackson songs

The bridge especially is my favourite as it cuts everything back and really connects there

:clap3:

afM0VKE.png

Salutations Aurorites! Why so fancy? Because we have some more very exciting Aurora-related news, and we're going to get right to it: double release weekend! That's right, Aurora has dropped not one, but two releases. Only days after the release of the deluxe edition of Aurora's sophomore album 'Silhouettes', Aurora surprised us with the release of the final chapter in her series of re-recorded reissues, 'Platinum Heart: Deluxe'. This deluxe edition of Aurora's original debut studio album features all of the favourite (and not-so-favourite) tracks from Aurora's debut on the music scene way back in 2014.

01._Platinum_Heart_Deluxe_Front.png01._Platinum_Heart_Deluxe_Back.png

The album spawned three #1 hits; "Italian Nights""Surrender", and "Easy", and peaked at #2. While the album would go on to be left in the shadow of its successors, and also spawned some of Aurora's least popular tracks, Aurora still claims it has a special place in her platinum heart. The new deluxe edition contains the Nordic folk experimental track "Yggdrasil", as well as the original demo cut of the later #1 hit "Easy".

However, this isn't all! Aurora finally dropped the second single from her upcoming sixth studio album of new original music, "2"! The track, which tackles themes of gender dysphoria, drug use, and self-harm has seen early praise by critics, and is looking to be an apt follow-up to her #7 peaking hit, ""Satan, Not Today!"". Both tracks are slated to be released on the upcoming album, 'Aurenaissance', expected in Q3 2021.

02._2.png

Spoiler

chorus
Who knew that forever was born from illusion
Emblazoned with hues of society’s choosing
Assumed my endeavors the dawn of my genesis
Painted a future through fuchsia-toned lenses

first verse
From a mother’s lipstick stain upon my newborn rosy cheek
To my pretty pacifier or the blankets where I’d sleep
All the princess gowns and hand-me-downs from showers long ago
My identity immersed within a sea of monochrome
Every cake was iced with strawberry when I liked passionfruit
Blew out every candle but my wishes never did come true
Once a ballerina dancing through this life on pointe shoes
Living in a Barbie dreamhouse on the dark side of the moon

refrain
Who’ll be the most hurt when the bubblegum bursts?

middle eight
Was told I’d grow out of it, out of my mind
A fragrant sakura tree fighting to thrive
Now vulnerable with each blossom’s demise
Hanami is over, I’m over the lies
I’ve lost my flamboyance, my family and friends
No shade in the rainbow, why search for its end?
Kept posing as peachy with smoke in my lungs
The mirrors have shattered, I’m back to square one

refrain
Who’ll be the most hurt when the bubblegum bursts?

second verse
From a dainty diary designed to document my hurt
To the opioids I take because the diary didn’t work
All the tatters of a tutu, satin ribbons from ballet
My own childhood repurposed as a perfect tourniquet
Every scar along my forearm I now carefully conceal
But I struggle with the deepest scars that only I can feel
Once a daydreamer dancing through this life in platform heels
Living in a state of fabrication craving something real

chorus
Who knew that forever was born from illusion
Emblazoned with hues of society’s choosing
Assumed my endeavors the dawn of my genesis
Painted a future through fuchsia-toned lenses

What is your favorite track from 'Platinum Heart: Deluxe', if any? Will you be streaming? Did "2" live up to the hype? Let us know in the comments! Make sure to preorder 'Aurenaissance', too!

dsBCJVO.png

roll up roll up for some (kinda short) reviews <3 

great work again this week across the board, you make ranking v difficult :( 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FLfUZ4VONKh2wW2_T_fIm6nbRBuOPdgpIw3i7lKMDSM/edit?usp=sharing

@hurricane326 @ProPopGirlStan @Jackson @Aurora @Astro @JonginBey @Dessy @Gastrodonatella @anon @Prisoner @ughgabriel @8thPrince@Drifloon @Overprotected @Auburn

18 minutes ago, funnellegs said:

dsBCJVO.png

roll up roll up for some (kinda short) reviews <3 

great work again this week across the board, you make ranking v difficult :( 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FLfUZ4VONKh2wW2_T_fIm6nbRBuOPdgpIw3i7lKMDSM/edit?usp=sharing

@hurricane326 @ProPopGirlStan @Jackson @Aurora @Astro @JonginBey @Dessy @Gastrodonatella @anon @Prisoner @ughgabriel @8thPrince@Drifloon @Overprotected @Auburn

It says we need permission to access the doc :shy:

8 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

It says we need permission to access the doc :shy:

fixed, sorry <3 

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that. :weeps: All I can say is thank you!

Also rooting for Jackson tbh, his song is stellar and "Sculpt the Stars" was also lowkey robbed of being a Top 10 hit!

11 hours ago, luckystrike said:

well I missed the deadline and didn't get to finish my song :rip:

Just noticed you still submitted via funnellegs' reviews, we stan a fighter!

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

Just noticed you still submitted via funnellegs' reviews, we stan a fighter!

yessss the host let me submit a little late since i was almost done with my song :flower: 

Thank you! @funnellegs

Thanks judges, I’m sad I disappointed this round but I hope I get another chance to prove myself!

Not my song leaving yall stunned :bibliahh:

Thank you I appreciate the feedback :party:

I honestly disagree with every single review from minho and Rence for this round’s songs 

3 hours ago, ughgabriel said:

I honestly disagree with every single review from minho and Rence for this round’s songs 

What do you mean? They were obviously left speechless by all of our incredible songs! :jamming:

Time to bring back this iconic .jpg

skai.jpg

I might ACTUALLY get to finish the instrumental for my song this week, I really thought Pegasus Marine would be a one time thing :jonny:

2K6-yxeArCCaaeUTXVDGjWRw04U_KMie5B445K__4l6yPyVG2oS4rkSCBux1ES5wlqgQWm1CgoiKTroY15-kD-YXpvT6_f8fEbWj6BPIKEETcUSROtMnPUOatk8HcPeIXURuoGce

I apologize for the late reviews (again). Work has been stressing me out lately :rip:

Overall, I think this round is so much better than the previous one. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mpduXmh15dm6_H2U2RdyHmHZOdPh-MiXkWcYQW1_YGY/edit?usp=sharing

@hurricane326 @ProPopGirlStan @Jackson @Aurora @Astro @JonginBey @Dessy @Gastrodonatella@anon @Prisoner @ughgabriel @8thPrince@Drifloon @Overprotected @Auburn

If you have comments, points of clarification, violent reactions, please let me know!

Edited by Rence

@Rence thank you! :heart2:

Come through Skai!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.