Jump to content

2013: Did you expect the situation to change?


biblicalmonster

Recommended Posts

biblicalmonster

a6cm.jpeg

 

 

I remember when Gaga was pitted against Miley Cyrus and Katy Perty in 2013 and criticized by the medias for the commercial performance of ARTPOP.

 

But in 2021, the roles have been reversed. Gaga landed her sixth album and a new hit in her collection. While her two former opponents have not been able to reach an album # 1 or a top 10 song in the Billboard Hot 100.

 

Did you sense that in 2023 or not?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • trainsskyscrapers

    7

  • Mystic Boy

    4

  • lostcause

    4

  • MusicTalker

    2

duybeeGAshantiGA

Only 1 of them is destined to become a Legend / Tricon :clap3: only 1 is versatile and truly talented.

Link to post
Share on other sites
infrared

Talent always wins in the end, gimmicks can only hold you for so long :cm:

 

time, the ultimate truth teller :fan:

Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicTalker

I'd like to see an article like this about male pop stars. oh wait

Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster
8 minutes ago, moonlitdick said:

Please get over it.

I'm asking you if you expected it or not in 2013 that's it. :celestial5:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MAKSIM

Yes I’m surprised. I thought there would be no reduction in lashings or mercy. That they would rip every shred of hair on Gaga’s head until all that's left is a bald, shiny ARTPOP ball stamped 240K. And just when Gaga thought "I'm safe. They're gone." that the nightmare is over and that you can finally rest from the claws of the Katy and Miley, they would re-scalp her again as the echo of Katy's 'Roar' plays in the scars of her mind like replay-re-replay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Illuminati
1 hour ago, MAKSIM said:

Yes I’m surprised. I thought there would be no reduction in lashings or mercy. That they would rip every shred of hair on Gaga’s head until all that's left is a bald, shiny ARTPOP ball stamped 240K. And just when Gaga thought "I'm safe. They're gone." that the nightmare is over and that you can finally rest from the claws of the Katy and Miley, they would re-scalp her again as the echo of Katy's 'Roar' plays in the scars of her mind like replay-re-replay.

:dies:

Link to post
Share on other sites
SwiftLover

these threads always come after people who’ve fell off a while ago

 

:zzz:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Devin

Thread’s geared to praise Gaga but shading Miley and Katy. :rip: Yes, Gaga came out on top after being dragged 2013-2014. 
 

Nowadays all 3 are successful in their own lanes now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mystic Boy
10 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

Yes I’m surprised. I thought there would be no reduction in lashings or mercy. That they would rip every shred of hair on Gaga’s head until all that's left is a bald, shiny ARTPOP ball stamped 240K. And just when Gaga thought "I'm safe. They're gone." that the nightmare is over and that you can finally rest from the claws of the Katy and Miley, they would re-scalp her again as the echo of Katy's 'Roar' plays in the scars of her mind like replay-re-replay.

Iconic :dies: How the tides have turned. 

 

OT: Some ex MPG said one day that time was the ultimate truth teller  :cm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
trainsskyscrapers
Posted (edited)

I remember this... and then Beyoncé came in like a wrecking ball with the TRUEST form of ArtPop and sold enough records in 3 weeks to make the top 8 albums moved in 2013. :lmao: 

 

As for Miley & Katy pivoting to the current day, their priorities have shifted. One is now a married American Idol judge with child who can tour worldwide if she so chooses, and the other is finally finding her sound. It all worked out.

 

If we're REALLY keeping it a buck, Gaga (with all of her Chromatica success), probably underperformed the largest in 2020 compared to her counterparts. She was coming from Shallow/ASIB, and the others from a country album/Dead Petz and a multi-year hiatus from music/Witness respectively.

:gaygacat3:

Edited by trainsskyscrapers
Link to post
Share on other sites
fridayteenage
Posted (edited)

all of them have had a long drought of solo t3s so

Edited by fridayteenage
Link to post
Share on other sites
lostcause
2 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I remember this... and then Beyoncé came in like a wrecking ball with the TRUEST form of ArtPop and sold enough records in 3 weeks to make the top 8 albums moved in 2013. :lmao: 

 

As for Miley & Katy, their priorities have shifted. One is now a married American Idol judge with child who can tour worldwide if she so chooses, and the other is finally finding her voice. It all worked out.

 

If we're REALLY keeping it a buck, Gaga (with all of her Chromatica success), probably underperformed the largest in 2020 compared to her counterparts. She was coming from Shallow/ASIB, and the others from a country album/Dead Petz and a multi-year hiatus from music/Witness respectively.

:gaygacat3:

Beyoncé is a super fun album, but y’all wild pretending it’s anything more than well produced fun r&b pop. :lmao:so yes it is pop, but “truest form of” art? All the aesthetics and music sound like what Rihanna had been releasing in 2011-13. Beyoncé was not artistically groundbreaking, it was nothing new in the music landscape. It was a fun and good album. Nothing more, nothing less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PoisonCandy
11 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

I'd like to see an article like this about male pop stars. oh wait

8 years later and nothing has changed really, in fact it's only gotten worse thanks to stan Twitter. It really angers me how people still continue to pit female artists against each other while male artists are able to coexist with no issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
trainsskyscrapers
1 minute ago, lostcause said:

Beyoncé is a super fun album, but y’all wild pretending it’s anything more than well produced fun r&b pop. :lmao:so yes it is pop, but “truest form of” art? All the aesthetics and music sound like what Rihanna had been releasing in 2011-13. Beyoncé was not artistically groundbreaking, it was nothing new in the music landscape. It was a fun and good album. Nothing more, nothing less.

Take it up with the critics/publications  ... not with me. I argue in facts and absolutes. 

Here are the facts:

 

:shakeno: Artpop had:

A) A failed digital app roll-out

B) A failed SXSW performance (let's just call it #Vomitgate) to attempt to drum up attention

C) A gaudy long-form visual to try and save the day

D) A failed re-release/part 2 concept

 

The "fun album", on the other hand:

- Successful Digital-only Rollout

- Continued her Mrs Carter Show World Tour without a hitch (and with new music/choreography at that)

- Parlayed her 50M Pepsi endorsement into fully-financed, high quality visuals shot (quietly) during her tour

- Not only released successful re-release singles, but smartly held back her spotify/YouTube release until her job was done.

 

The proof is in the pudding.

 

#WhereIsArtpop?

Link to post
Share on other sites
gatito
4 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Take it up with the critics/publications  ... not with me. I argue in facts and absolutes. 

Here are the facts:

 

:shakeno: Artpop had:

A) A failed digital app roll-out

B) A failed SXSW performance (let's just call it #Vomitgate) to attempt to drum up attention

C) A gaudy long-form visual to try and save the day

D) A failed re-release/part 2 concept

 

The "fun album", on the other hand:

- Successful Digital-only Rollout

- Continued her Mrs Carter Show World Tour without a hitch (and with new music/choreography at that)

- Parlayed her 50M Pepsi endorsement into fully-financed, high quality visuals shot (quietly) during her tour

- Not only released successful re-release singles, but smartly held back her spotify/YouTube release until her job was done.

 

The proof is in the pudding.

 

#WhereIsArtpop?

Lmao the skulldrag :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Beatfreak
12 hours ago, biblicalmonster said:

in 2023

 

Time the ultimate truth teller

Link to post
Share on other sites
Holiest Dreams

If it’s not a thread about Shallow, it’s a thread about 2013. Can y’all give these topics up to God and come up with something else?

Link to post
Share on other sites
lostcause
16 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Take it up with the critics/publications  ... not with me. I argue in facts and absolutes. 

Here are the facts:

 

:shakeno: Artpop had:

A) A failed digital app roll-out

B) A failed SXSW performance (let's just call it #Vomitgate) to attempt to drum up attention

C) A gaudy long-form visual to try and save the day

D) A failed re-release/part 2 concept

 

The "fun album", on the other hand:

- Successful Digital-only Rollout

- Continued her Mrs Carter Show World Tour without a hitch (and with new music/choreography at that)

- Parlayed her 50M Pepsi endorsement into fully-financed, high quality visuals shot (quietly) during her tour

- Not only released successful re-release singles, but smartly held back her spotify/YouTube release until her job was done.

 

The proof is in the pudding.

 

#WhereIsArtpop?

I’m not talking about art pop, I’m telling you Beyoncé as an album was not some “truest form of art pop” with a very trendy album that pushed zero boundaries. If anything, pure heroine (the 2013 album that out streams Beyoncé) ACTUALLY was a true piece of “art pop” that pushed boundaries and shifted the sonic footprint of the music industry. Simply pointing out how the statement is false. how did Beyoncé musically change anything? What about it was some cutting edge art? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
trainsskyscrapers
6 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

If it’s not a thread about Shallow, it’s a thread about 2013. Can y’all give these topics up to God and come up with something else?

It's sad... but that's all they got. A soundtrack single from the fourth remake of an already pop culture cult-classic, and an album that was heralded as the next-best-thing until it was actually released.

 

I hope that Gucci movie/movie soundtrack give the monsters all of the attention they so desperately crave on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...