• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gustavothehuman

• BlackoutZone

• Winged

• Sharapov

I'm JAVIng Fun
14 hours ago, ihaveabono said:

will this debut at the Billboard Hot 100?

it's predicted to debut at #55 supposedly

Enters the top 50 of US Pop radio today. 

72 49 COLDPLAY Higher Power 362 67 295 0.931

gustavothehuman
4 hours ago, Jred said:

Enters the top 50 of US Pop radio today. 

72 49 COLDPLAY Higher Power 362 67 295 0.931

without having official impact there, maybe we won? :rip:

6 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

without having official impact there, maybe we won? :rip:

AOAL managed to hit top 50 without impacting, too, but it took two months for that to happen. HP only took 9 days 

gustavothehuman
11 hours ago, Jred said:

AOAL managed to hit top 50 without impacting, too, but it took two months for that to happen. HP only took 9 days 

wow

rta1913

This has grown on me a lot, even if it sounds very derivative. This sounds SO Mylo Xyloto. A mix between Hurts Like Heave and Every Tear Is A Waterfall. 

AHFOD was very poppy too but I felt like it distinguished itself from MX. I've never minded them going full pop, as long as they serve us more Paradise, Charlie Brown, Adventure of a Lifetime, Hymn for the Weekend (which in itself was a Paradise redo), so I hope they have something a little more ummm "original" in the album.

Also, while the aesthetics and imagery of the era seem very different than their previous ones, can they work on their image? I know they are a band and not pop girls, but I feel like I've been seeing Chris Martin wearing the same damn outfit and shoes and the stage and instruments with the graffiti-like decorations since MX (which was released 10 years ago :rip:). Change it up a bit

Winged

where is this bloody album

First official remix of Higher Power this week

gustavothehuman
3 hours ago, Winged said:

where is this bloody album

First official remix of Higher Power this week

There was an interview with Parlophone executives and apparently they want to release it in September/October. I'm assuming they will be promoting Higher Power and a second single until then, so the album can have at least one hit. This era is meant to be their mainstream comeback after all, Everyday Life was always thought out as an experimental project.

• 4 weeks later...
gustavothehuman
17 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

Coldplay - Higher Power (Acoustic Version) / 2021.06.15

They're doing everything else right but there's no Spotify and YouTube playlisting, I hate it here :deadbanana2: