Jump to content

Is Max Martin a MJ, Madonna-level legend in the industry?


Recommended Posts

MingYouToo

Honestly his insane 28 years( 1992-now with Blinding Lights being the biggest song in the United States of all time...) and counting run puts him in a legendary status that of MJ, Madonna, Elvis, etc. If we're talking credentials I'd say his impact on the industry is bigger than almost all modern day musicians.

 

I understand he's a producer but honestly in shaping what ATRL and modern society loves in pop music, he deserves to stand alongside George Martin (Beatles' producer) and fellow musical legends.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
halcyonday

He's the #1 pop producer of all time. The GP won't know him, but they will know most of his legendary classics. I'm sure he's the #1 in the industry eyes tho. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Enzolorenzo

He’s definitely the biggest mainstream producer of our times 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Underclass King

He’s not an icon in the sense that most of the general public doesn’t know him, but he’s for sure a legendary producer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
frozemmm

Blinding Lights is NOT the biggest song of all time:rip:

 

Not in Armenia. Not in the corner shop. Not in the United States. Nowhere:rip:

 

And don’t even quote me with billboard “receipts”. I can open a chart company with my own rules which will point could Stupid Love being the biggest song of all-time too:rip:

 

Now, on Max Martin, producer wise, yes he is. In general Madonna and MJ are obviously bigger legend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
DiamondHoe

Kinda tea tbh... Blinding Lights was really his Hung Up moment

 

a huge tentpole after a short period of relative dwindling success 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
frozemmm

^^^ further on my post, Blinding Lights isn’t even the biggest song Max Martin ever produced :deadbanana4:

 

Baby One More Time AKA Max Martin’s first huge worlwide hit after several failed attemps, is 10X bigger than Blinding Lights. You really thought you did something with that poor lie:toofunny3:

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Blinding Lights is really the biggest song ever can we delete Earth please

Link to post
Share on other sites
halcyonday
4 minutes ago, frozemmm said:

^^^ further on my post, Blinding Lights isn’t even the biggest song Max Martin ever produced :deadbanana4:

 

Baby One More Time AKA Max Martin’s first huge worlwide hit after several failed attemps, is 10X bigger than Blinding Lights. You really thought you did something with that poor lie:toofunny3:

maybe it'll be the biggest song for the generation that thought BOMT was the biggest :gaycat2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
tiagol88

His status couldn't be denied even before Blinding Lights. 

He's the biggest and most successful mainstream pop producer ever. There's no one that comes close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BeautifulTwistedBabe

Yes. Several careers wouldn't be anything without him. 

 

Blinding Lights>>>>>BOMT

Edited by BeautifulTwistedBabe
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ocboy85
50 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Honestly his insane 28 years( 1992-now with Blinding Lights being the biggest song in the United States of all time...) and counting run puts him in a legendary status that of MJ, Madonna, Elvis, etc. If we're talking credentials I'd say his impact on the industry is bigger than almost all modern day musicians.

 

I understand he's a producer but honestly in shaping what ATRL and modern society loves in pop music, he deserves to stand alongside George Martin (Beatles' producer) and fellow musical legends.

 

 

No.  And Madonna is not on the same level as MJ, The Beatles and Elvis.

 

 

Quincy Jones a real LEGENDARY producer >>>>>>>> Max Martin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingdong123

Yes he definitely should Be respected the same way those legends are

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ocboy85 said:

No.  And Madonna is not on the same level as MJ, The Beatles and Elvis.

Agreed. She is some levels above them. 

 

Mariah stans are always seething when they see M's name mentioned (will never happen to Mariah btw) with the biggest music legends (and she is certainly one of them). Ever thought about why M ALWAYS get mentioned with those legends? Because it's COMMON KNOWLEDGE. No other female artist is on M's level. Just accept it and let it go. 

Edited by Ayanaa
Link to post
Share on other sites
Alaska.

No, and he's not on the same level as someone like Giorgio Moroder either 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Solgayleo

Absolutely. His contributions to some of the biggest songs and albums of all time are worthy of legend status.

 

From the late 90s teen pop SMASHES, to Kelly’s Since Youve Been Gone, to Katy’s Teenage Dream era, to Taylor’s 1989 era, to most recently his work with The Weeknd, particularly Blinding Lights... you can’t deny his influence on the industry. And that’s just the highlights. he’s also responsible for some of Pink’s, Ariana’s, and Maroon 5’s biggest hits.
 

Not to mention all of his songwriting/production protégés including Dr Luke (:biblio:), Shellback, Ilya, Savan Kotecha, Rami Yacoub, and Oscar Holter who have also had big hits on their own and cite him as a direct influence

Link to post
Share on other sites
Miracle

He's the biggest producer/songwriter of the centurty but in terms of fame even C-list pop girls are more famous. Songmakers deserve more attention but I guess most of them don't want it and that's why they stay behind the scenes

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MingYouToo
1 hour ago, frozemmm said:

^^^ further on my post, Blinding Lights isn’t even the biggest song Max Martin ever produced :deadbanana4:

 

Baby One More Time AKA Max Martin’s first huge worlwide hit after several failed attemps, is 10X bigger than Blinding Lights. You really thought you did something with that poor lie:toofunny3:

the unnecessary fuming dddd ok girl we know BOMT is a classic 

 

29 minutes ago, Ocboy85 said:

No.  And Madonna is not on the same level as MJ, The Beatles and Elvis.

 

 

Quincy Jones a real LEGENDARY producer >>>>>>>> Max Martin.

gurl no one is claiming otherwise. George Martin, Quincy Jones, Max Martin, ALL legends. The Beatles' created modern pop Michael took from, which later became Britney and the pop music we know today. All of them built upon one and the other and are all legendary!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ocboy85
3 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

the unnecessary fuming dddd ok girl we know BOMT is a classic 

 

gurl no one is claiming otherwise. George Martin, Quincy Jones, Max Martin, ALL legends. The Beatles' created modern pop Michael took from, which later became Britney and the pop music we know today. All of them built upon one and the other and are all legendary!

Who mentioned Britney?

 

Also I wouldn't put Quincy in the same sentence as Max Martin.  Max could have penned every no1 hit of the last 20 yrs and it still wouldn't trump Off The Wall, Bad and certainly not THRILLER :alexz2:

 

I was just saying Madonna isn't on the same level as MJ, The Beatles or Elvis.   Even tho the latter 2 ripped off Black artists of that time and never gave them credit for it and took all the reward but I digress. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ocboy85
18 minutes ago, Miracle said:

He's the biggest producer/songwriter of the centurty but in terms of fame even C-list pop girls are more famous. Songmakers deserve more attention but I guess most of them don't want it and that's why they stay behind the scenes

 

 

 

Me personally I would like it that way too.  Just give me the money and the power!  I wouldn't want to be famous.  Like I can't imagine leaving my house and its a ton of paps everywhere, not knowing who to trust, having to always hide inside your house, being famous sounds like a prison. 😭

Link to post
Share on other sites
MingYouToo
6 minutes ago, Ocboy85 said:

Who mentioned Britney?

 

Also I wouldn't put Quincy in the same sentence as Max Martin.  Max could have penned every no1 hit of the last 20 yrs and it still wouldn't trump Off The Wall, Bad and certainly not THRILLER :alexz2:

 

I was just saying Madonna isn't on the same level as MJ, The Beatles or Elvis.   Even tho the latter 2 ripped off Black artists of that time and never gave them credit for it and took all the reward but I digress. 😂

I just meant to explain parallels. George was to the Beatles what Quincy was to MJ and Max is to our modern day popgirls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...