HDD: Fearless TV headed for #1 debut

DesiredConsternation

8 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

Is she not doing it to get control of her masters or something? 

You can’t be serious lol. I was gonna explain it but some things are just better left alone. The information and reasoning for this whole ordeal is out there - look it up. Nothing money hungry about it when it seems she is barely milking the rerecordings (they didn’t even do anything big for Love Story) :rip: 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesiredConsternation

• family.guy123

• Headlock

• Severus Snape

I can NOT believe that someone would call her "money hunger" for the re-recording, she did this for getting the ownership of her OWN songs back, not to make money.

And some people even called themselves as a fan but not knowing her purpose of doing this? God, please unstan.

Yes she's fame hunger and yes she likes making news and topics and spotlights, yes she did release countless versions of her albums and singles to get No.1, yes, she's like that.

But this re-recording is nothing about that, this is about you fighting for what supposed to be yours but gotten away by someone who's truly MONEY HUNGERED.

11 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

she saw the opportunity and milked it, she is capable of a surprise release and still debut at #1 while still sabotaging scootter, yet she made this lead up when she already had the record done

If she surprise releases, a bunch of losers are gonna say she is sucker punch Scooter/whoever owns the masters now. This has never about that. She is making a very public statement about her arts and her work ethic to the industry, which has a whole movement RIGHT NOW for songwriters to actually own their hardwork without sharing the credits as if it's taxes.

If this was ever about the money, she would have never had released 2 albums and 5 more down the line in a year like this when no touring can happen. The whole industry has been delaying their releases, she is not. So use your brain and think a bit.

Edited by Rep2000

period

the hate from some of y'all already....

grammy1.thumb.gif.095a3b485700e0d2b2b957

11 hours ago, Michael196 said:

Are the physical pre-orders getting shipped on release week? Because if yes, then I’m afraid that this is gonna debut on par, if not higher than evermore :dies:

CDs yes, cassettes and vinyl, no :giraffe:

11 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

Is she not doing it to get control of her masters or something? 

Exactly? Which is not "money hungry", it is about taking ownership of her life's work. If all she cared about was money she wouldn't have turned down countless offers to use her music over the past few years because she didn't want to put money in Scott/Scooters pockets. If all she cared about was money she wouldn't be wasting her own time and money re-recording her entire back catalog and instead would be focusing on promoting Folklore/Evermore.

Edited by Headlock

15 hours ago, DesiredConsternation said:

What exactly did she do that was money hungry? she didn't release singles or promote the album literally anywhere? In before you say it's because she released physical editions of the album. 

Oh, come on, don't be daft. This entire Taylor's Version project is nothing more than a cash grab and an ego trip. There is no reason for her to be charging her fans for a bunch of songs they already have. These re-recordings should be free as a "thank you" to her fans for supporting her all of these years. I genuinely cannot fathom how her fans aren't mad at her for expecting them to drop money on re-recorded songs for the sake of "her owning her masters". It's insane. She's doing this to pad her stats and pad her wallet. It's one of the most shameless things she's ever done.

35 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Exactly? Which is not "money hungry", it is about taking ownership of her life's work. If all she cared about was money she wouldn't have turned down countless offers to use her music over the past few years because she didn't want to put money in Scott/Scooters pockets. If all she cared about was money she wouldn't be wasting her own time and money re-recording her entire back catalog and instead would be focusing on promoting Folklore/Evermore.

None of this makes sense. :rip:

"If all she cared about was money she wouldn't have turned down countless offers to use her music over the past few years because she didn't want to put money in Scott/Scooters pockets."

She turned down those offers because Scooter's ownership meant she wouldn't make as much money as she wanted. There's a reason these new versions are already being used in movies and TV shows. More money for her.

"If all she cared about was money she wouldn't be wasting her own time and money re-recording her entire back catalog and instead would be focusing on promoting Folklore/Evermore."

These are not new songs, meaning the cost is minimal compared to creating a new album. Hardly any effort is going into these new recordings. She's not wasting anything because the money she'll make from the minimal effort will make up for everything.

There's nothing wrong with being money hungry, but let's not pretend the most money-hungry girl in the game is suddenly "not doing this for money".

7 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Oh, come on, don't be daft. This entire Taylor's Version project is nothing more than a cash grab and an ego trip. There is no reason for her to be charging her fans for a bunch of songs they already have. These re-recordings should be free as a "thank you" to her fans for supporting her all of these years. I genuinely cannot fathom how her fans aren't mad at her for expecting them to drop money on re-recorded songs for the sake of "her owning her masters". It's insane. She's doing this to pad her stats and pad her wallet. It's one of the most shameless things she's ever done.

Go outside and touch some grass. Tons of artists remaster their music it's literally nothing new. The Beatles did it just last year. No one is expected to buy anything seeing as music is literally available to stream on YouTube, Spotify and literally every other ODS platforms. Speaking as fan we are good. We don't need you looking out for us of anything :toofunny2:

11 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

She turned down those offers because Scooter's ownership meant she wouldn't make as much money as she wanted. There's a reason these new versions are already being used in movies and TV shows. More money for her.

False, she herself stated she turned down offers because it would put money it Scooter's pockets. When Scooter sold her catalog to Shamrock, she said in her update letter that she was willing to work with Shamrock until she found out Scooter would still receive money, and then she declined. This has always been about Scooter not getting anything from her.

11 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

These are not new songs, meaning the cost is minimal compared to creating a new album. Hardly any effort is going into these new recordings. She's not wasting anything because the money she'll make from the minimal effort will make up for everything.

Minimal effort? Really? She's literally re-recording six albums worth of music, over 20 songs each for each album, including making brand new recordings of new songs that have never been released, how is that minimal effort. She has to re-record her all her vocals, backing vocals, every instrument, every production, produce the new recordings, recruit new producers, her old collaborators, re-do all the packaging, everything. How the hell is that minimal effort?

Edited by Headlock

39 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

:ahh:

The Cash grab is for real.. Making money twice from the same songs :clown:

I get the need to have control over her own music but she could've at least do a reduce price or something :michael:

peterstyles13
17 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

she saw the opportunity and milked it, she is capable of a surprise release and still debut at #1 while still sabotaging scootter, yet she made this lead up when she already had the record done

So basically you're saying she's greedy for not doing a surprise release of a 13 year-old rerecording? :rip:

Haters are fuming, claiming that she's money hungry. Why bother when you guys don't even planning to buy her rerecords :bibliahh:

ugh shes so powerful 

and ahhh the fumes already, delicious 

grammy1.thumb.gif.095a3b485700e0d2b2b957

2 hours ago, Headlock said:

Okay sorry. I was under the impression that she would be earning more money from people buying/streaming these new recordings than if they were buying/streaming the originals. My mistake.

2 hours ago, Bang Up said:

No one's forced to buy anything :rip:

6 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Okay sorry. I was under the impression that she would be earning more money from people buying/streaming these new recordings than if they were buying/streaming the originals. My mistake.

Song for song, she will earn more per stream/purchase for the new recordings, yes, but the volume of those streams won't likely consistently overtake her old recordings, at least not after the hype of the releases wears off. Unless everyone decides to stream the new versions exclusively over the old versions from now on, no she wouldn't be getting more money overall. She will outright own the new recordings, so she will have ownership over the revenue from publishing and from the master recording, but it's not likely to overtake what she earns from her old recordings since they are still very successful.

The main business purpose of the re-recordings is to have ownership over what happens to her music fully. This way she fully controls where her music is used in media (she already does control the publishing side on her old recordings, so she can veto in that regard already if she wants), and when she can perform it. For example, you still can't access her performances of her old catalog when she was doing her press tour for Lover (like the GMA performance and the City Of Lover concert) because Scooter was being a petty bitch and said she didn't have the rights to air them because they constituted "new recordings" of her old work before she was able to start re-recording. If she owns a master recording of her old catalog, that won't happen anymore, which is highly important for concert films, etc.

That's not covering the more philosophical side of why she's re-recording her music, which is still just as important as the business side. Taylor wants to own her work. She's made it clear throughout her career how important that is to her (which is why when Scott Borchetta sold her masters out from under her without giving her a chance to buy them outright she got so pissed). That's really it.

18 hours ago, Luckitty said:

She’s gonna have 5 more #1 albums by the end of the year :deadbanana4:

a new record holder.

loving this concept gif.

Obsessed losers fuming that Taylor is going to get yet another #1 best-selling album.

It must be absolutely exhausting being a Taylor Swift hater.

22 hours ago, Edibles. said:

The second weeks sales are gonna be :cupid:

Y’all really try your best... 

22 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

congrats but i'm not feeling this release. hope 1989 and the rest come out like evermore and folklore. this was so unauthentic and really made me see her money hungry vibe i don't enjoy. glad she's aiming at #1 but i've been staning since SN in 2011 and this is too much. 

I completely disagree. We all want a new album with a regular rollout, but with COVID, her mom being sick and everything else, it wouldn’t happen anyway. 

she’s been giving us everything and more during the most challenging of times

6 minutes ago, Pleeny said:

Y’all really try your best... 

I’m literally a Taylor fan idgi

that one bitter pressed stan :rip:

OT: congrats Tay :clap3:

cant wait for Red’s vault songs :WAP:

11 hours ago, Bang Up said:

I didn't know streaming songs on YouTube and Spotify requires money :rip: And yes, sometimes stans do spend money on their faves when they release new products. You as the stan of the Chromatica jockstrap and rain boots seller should know this. 

Forgive me for asking, but will this just count as part of Fearless and add on to her outstanding chart performance or a new album?

3 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

Forgive me for asking, but will this just count as part of Fearless and add on to her outstanding chart performance or a new album?

I don’t think so unfortunately

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.