it's like a less catchy carbon copy of DL

plus the lyrics are a bit creepy 

11 minutes ago, Brando said:

go lil devil :celestial:

points are too close tho :dancehall:

not surprised deja vu is kinda flopping

it's like a less catchy carbon copy of DL

plus the lyrics are a bit creepy 

It's not flopping :rip: drivers license was a viral smash and she was never gonna replicate its success. deja vu is doing well so far.

3 minutes ago, Prison said:

It's not flopping :rip: drivers license was a viral smash and she was never gonna replicate its success. deja vu is doing well so far.

that's why i said kinda flopping. after the massive success of DL (8 weeks at #1!, biggest song of the year), the much anticipated follow up looks likely to miss the top 10. that's a huge underperformance. i blame the song. it's kinda bad. i was really expecting something more interesting (and different) from her second single. 

QueenofCopyPaste
17 minutes ago, Brando said:

that's why i said kinda flopping. after the massive success of DL (8 weeks at #1!, biggest song of the year), the much anticipated follow up looks likely to miss the top 10. that's a huge underperformance. i blame the song. it's kinda bad. i was really expecting something more interesting (and different) from her second single. 

These high expectations :deadbanana:

QueenofCopyPaste

1.3 million Spotify  is now" flopping"

11 minutes ago, Brando said:

Atrl users just come on expecting random fan fiction to happen irl everyday 

5 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

These high expectations :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Atrl users just come on expecting random fan fiction to happen irl everyday 

well, sorry for not expecting a 100% rehash of the first single. the girl was kinda promising :deadbanana2:

QueenofCopyPaste
4 minutes ago, Brando said:

well, sorry for not expecting a 100% rehash of the first single. the girl was kinda promising :deadbanana2:

DL's success was one of those "once in a lifetime" moment and she's still a relatively new artist.

We'll see where this deja vu single will peak overall

2 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

DL's success was one of those "once in a lifetime" moment and she's still a relatively new artist.

We'll see where this deja vu single will peak overall

I wasn't saying she should debut at #1 and stay there for 2 months again.  But in present day it's really easy to debut at #1 (or Top 10/Top 5) when you have hype and she had all the hype and people were excited for her follow up. Plus the points are weak across the board. Not even 300 points for a #1. Yet she is not able to reach the top 10. Why is that? I think the song is the problem

I’m really hoping deja vu can track the top 10. But it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t. The song is amazing and charts won’t change that

34 minutes ago, Brando said:

DL literally got 6M US streams in one day, do you expect her to replicate that success? How is being #3 on spotify and a top 10 debut on the hot 100 a “huge undeperformance”? Even Meghan Trainor’s follow up to AATB debuted in the 90s :coffee2:

6 minutes ago, mintpasty said:

DL literally got 6M US streams in one day, do you expect her to replicate that success? How is being #3 on spotify and a top 10 debut on the hot 100 a “huge undeperformance”? Even Meghan Trainor’s follow up to AATB debuted in the 90s :coffee2:

i already answered that above. and it's projected to miss the top 10

Plus this is very different from Megan Trainor. Nobody cared for her as a person. She was always going to be just a novelty one hit wonder. Olivia immediately established herself as a persona beyond DL. She will have a career unlike Megan. That's why DV is so disappointing. 

9 minutes ago, Brando said:

Plus this is very different from Megan Trainor. Nobody cared for her as a person. She was always going to be just a novelty one hit wonder. Olivia immediately established herself as a persona beyond DL. She will have a career unlike Megan. That's why DV is so disappointing. 

Thus is blatantly untrue, Meghan had a legitimate following for a few years and had an impressive run of hits. If you want another example, Lorde's followup Team debuted in the 90s as well. 

So Olivia debuting T15 or potentially T10 is excellent. And if you think she'll have a steady career, why would it matter? 

QueenofCopyPaste
18 minutes ago, Brando said:

Wrong. Title debuted 238k in January SPS

and Olivia still has something to prove because she is still at her early stage of her career.

9 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

Thus is blatantly untrue, Meghan had a legitimate following for a few years and had an impressive run of hits. If you want another example, Lorde's followup Team debuted in the 90s as well. 

So Olivia debuting T15 or potentially T10 is excellent. And if you think she'll have a steady career, why would it matter? 

1 minute ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Wrong. Title debuted 238k in January SPS

and Olivia still has something to prove because she is still at her early stage of her career.

Many one hit wonders had relatively successful debut album on the backs of their one hit. 

Lorde was always different tho. Her music is not chart friendly like Megan's. I still don't know how Royal managed to be so huge. 

10 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

And if you think she'll have a steady career, why would it matter? 

because I'm complaining about her follow up single here. I think it's a bad choice. I can like the gurl without liking the song. 

also, let's not act like people in Hot 100 thread last week weren't saying that this week's competition for #1 would be intense with Deja Vu coming etc etc. 

27 minutes ago, Brando said:

Many one hit wonders had relatively successful debut album on the backs of their one hit. 

And Meghan had:

Lips Are Movin'

Dear Future Husband

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Then she had NO and Me Too on her second album.

She's far from being an one hit wonder.

16 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

And Meghan had:

Lips Are Movin'

Dear Future Husband

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Then she had NO and Me Too on her second album.

She's far from being an one hit wonder.

I think I only heard No out of those, but can't remember how it sounds. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.