Demi's album debuts with 10.6M on Spotify

chosensparkles

Just now, selena_lavigne said:

How much playlist support did Baila Conmigo have on January 29th? 
Someone please provide the stats. You can’t compare a 2 month old song to a song that just came out.

songs get added to playlists if the GP is streaming it on the playlists it’s already on.

It had 125M playlist reach :rip:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pink Ranger

• PopFan1996

• chosensparkles

• MonsterNavy

1 minute ago, PopFan1996 said:

Where did I say it was Selena's fault? Actually great for her. We wish Demi's album got the same treatment then it will be a fair comparison.
I am just proving you why you shouldn't compare an album with 0 exposure to albums with a lot of exposure. It's unfair

but the point still doesn't stand, Met Him Last Night is supposed to be just an album track and yet her team paid her lead single dust by not playlisting it accordingly... so what's the point of pushing that narrative when Selena's "De Una Vez" had like a 20-30M reach first week and not on TTH and yet debuted with over 3M on Spotify... I dont' see why involving Selena in this makes any sense?

I'm so shocked people are comparing Demi's numbers to A list celebs :jonny2: 

She did great for that messy rollout, It only has one song on TTH and it's not even in top 10 there :deadbanana2:

5 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

It had 125M playlist reach :rip:

show me where you found that. cuz i'm quite curious. 

anyways it's Demi's fault. the song isn't a single. it only got added cuz of Ariana. the song wouldn't be on the album without her.

Demi has 101M instagram followers. most of them should know that she released an album. 

it is their choice to stream the album or not.

maybe she should have focused on plastering the album all over youtube instead of her documentary.

anyways... i like the album a lot. it can do well in the long run if she promotes it properly.

She shoulda pushed "My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriends" during album release week.

DWTD is not single worthy and did not deserve a video.

Edited by selena_lavigne

Just now, selena_lavigne said:

anyways it's Demi's fault. the song isn't a single. it only got added cuz of Ariana. the song wouldn't be on the album without her.

Demi has 101M instagram followers. most of them should know that she released an album. 

maybe she should have focused on plastering the album all over youtube instead of her documentary.

anyways... i like the album a lot. it can do well in the long run if she promotes it properly.

She shoulda pushed "My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriends" during album release week.

girl has a YT documentary series, she was on GMA yesterday to perform, she made a lot of magazine interviews... it's not like no one knew... I'm bummed bc the album is good overall and deserves more recognition

8 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

but the point still doesn't stand, Met Him Last Night is supposed to be just an album track and yet her team paid her lead single dust by not playlisting it accordingly... so what's the point of pushing that narrative when Selena's "De Una Vez" had like a 20-30M reach first week and not on TTH and yet debuted with over 3M on Spotify... I dont' see why involving Selena in this makes any sense?

Y'all are lying to the pits. :rip: 

Selfish Love reached 93M playlist followers on it's 4th day. It just didn't click with the GP.

Via 
https://www.spotontrack.com/

1 minute ago, chosensparkles said:

girl has a YT documentary series, she was on GMA yesterday to perform, she made a lot of magazine interviews... it's not like no one knew... I'm bummed bc the album is good overall and deserves more recognition

No one wants to see her sing TAOSO. The GP is TIRED of those types of songs from Demi. she needs to promote the fun bops. She has one on the album but is paying it dust thinking that an "Ariana Grande collab" and songs about "overcoming her drug problem" will make her have a smash album.

i like TAOSO but I already know what the performance is gonna look like before even watching it.

as I'm saying she needs to push "My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriends" YESTERDAY if she wants a hit from the album.

This is objectively bad. I mean , she was spammed in the media everywhere lately. Not even more than Romance?
I feel bad for her, it feels like she truly put an effot into this album.

1 minute ago, PopFan1996 said:

Y'all are lying to the pits. :rip: 

Selfish Love reached 93M playlist followers on it's 4th day. It just didn't click with the GP.

Via 
https://www.spotontrack.com/

Selfish Love was pushed by DJ Snake's team. De Una Vez had very little playlist reach but did great numbers because people were interested in Selena singing in Spanish. Demi needs to find what makes this album unique and memorable and milk those songs. DWTD is not that. but she has 17 other songs to go through and decide which one is the most memorable.

2 minutes ago, Godly said:

Playlisting might have been tragic, but there's no excuse for an Ariana Grande collab to debut with those numbers even if it's not #1 on every playlist

Feel Me was a 4-year-old leaked track that was surprise released and put lower than that on TTH and still debuted with bigger numbers. It's a combination of lack of interest from the general public and either her team being totally incapable of marketing Demi Lovato as an appealing popstar in 2021 or her just genuinely not caring about success and only doing what she feels like

Again comparing a song before COVID when streaming was stronger to a song that got released in one of the lowest streaming climax of the last 4 years... 
And still Feel Me still reached 96M playlist reach:rip:  vs MHLN  ( LITERALLY AN ARIANA COLLAB) 54M playlist reach. 
I don't think there's a lack of interest from the GP. There's clearly a big gap between the marketing strategy and the interest from the GP and that's actually sad.

2 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Again comparing a song before COVID when streaming was stronger to a song that got released in one of the lowest streaming climax of the last 4 years... 
And still Feel Me still reached 96M playlist reach:rip:  vs MHLN  ( LITERALLY AN ARIANA COLLAB) 54M playlist reach. 
I don't think there's a lack of interest from the GP. There's clearly a big gap between the marketing strategy and the interest from the GP and that's actually sad.

how is streaming not as strong as pre-covid when you have Blinding Lights and Drivers License breaking all the records? nnn.

2 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Selfish Love was pushed by DJ Snake's team. De Una Vez had very little playlist reach but did great numbers because people were interested in Selena singing in Spanish. Demi needs to find what makes this album unique and memorable and milk those songs. DWTD is not that. but she has 17 other songs to go through and decide which one is the most memorable.

It debuted with 47M playlist reach. Still 2-3 times more than Demi's "LEAD". 

Please just give credit when it's due. Demi's playlisting is tragic. That's a fact. And actually I am not saying she would do better than Selena if she got the same playlisting as Selena. I am just saying she would do a lot better than what she is doing right now and that the gap wouldn't be too big compared to her peers. :rip:

1 hour ago, Hanzo said:

wait i thought people were saying it had 0 playlisting support???

5 hours ago, Music2002 said:

This is terrible.

Without Ariana, she would have pulled Smile numbers.

Smile is only two-thirds of this album's tracks... and it did two-thirds of this number, so!

This album deserves so much more, though. I hope one of the songs picks up steam.

51 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

DWTD is not single worthy and did not deserve a video.

The Instagram thing is flawed anyways, Selena is the second most followed female instagramer and rare didn’t do that great commercially given the amount of followers she has. You could use this argument for all artists really so it’s not really a valid argument.

At the end of the day what’s done is done, maybe the album will serve longevity, maybe it will bomb completely, either is okay because we waited 4 years for an album that we probably wouldn’t have gotten had she not made it through the OD.

Wonder why so many ppl are dragging her :rip:

She isn't that strong in streams imo

Obviously she wouldn't smash records :dies:

These are tragic numbers no matter how you spin it :deadbanana2: 

Ariana being responsible for 25% ? :deadbanana4:

I'm assuming first week will be 40-50K

Doesn’t it have 22 songs? :rip: that’s pretty low for the amount of songs it has

Scooter sabotaged ha by choosing a Good Friday release

C6TeBy5.gif

I think this album having 19 tracks actually did more damage than good :rip: 

hope she's able to get at least one moderate hit from this album cause it's actually pretty solid 

:deadbanana: 10m for an entire 19 track album? With a whole ass documentary, scooter management and ariana collab? 

Not the bad ariana collab doing double the streams of the 8th lead single :deadbanana2:

not it literally having smile numbers without the ariana collab with 7-10 more songs :deadbanana2:

This speaks alot about her star power and how bad her music really is. I'm sorry but a 19-22 track album debuting 10m is more than tragic in 2021. I wonder how scooter feels about this? :rip: 

But for her standards, this is great numbers for her I guess. 

Congrats for the success! I love Carefully and the way you look at me! They could be huge singles!

Edited by MonsterNavy

Not Lana's "flop" album 11 song album doing the same numbers without the same promo, attention, documentary, ariana collab, scooter braun management etc than a 22 song album :deadbanana2:

Not Rosé, a kpop artists' 2 song single album doing 8.5m first day vs a 22 track album :deadbanana: a 22 track album doing the same numbers as a single album without the ariana collab :rip: this is embarassing

Not Selena's "BOMB 22-199-OUT irrelevant, flop spanish EP" doing 8.5m without the same promo, attention, documentary, ariana collab, scooter braun management etc vs a 22 track album :deadbanana: 

literally 3x the songs :deadbanana2: 

if you remove the ariana collab its the same #s with the bomb revelacion? :deadbanana2:

#ThankYouAriana indeed. Props to scooter though, he really knows how to save his irrelevant clients :clap3: a businessman

Congrats, Demi! Carefully slays! I cant stop listening its beautiful it literally sounds like Bad Liar and Hands to Myself :smitten: queen

Edited by MonsterNavy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.