Demi's album debuts with 10.6M on Spotify

chosensparkles

12 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

so? this doesn't excuse anything tbh, if the GP was interested in her album, they would have turned up for it

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pink Ranger

• PopFan1996

• chosensparkles

• MonsterNavy

Nobody wants to sit through a 30-track Demi album, it seems.

These numbers are DREADFUL and everyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves.

:ahh:

15 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

so? this doesn't excuse anything tbh, if the GP was interested in her album, they would have turned up for it

The playlist reach is the most important thing in the streaming era. :rip: 

3 hours ago, Cain said:

For comparison:

folklore 80.6M

thank u, next 70.2m
Lover 54.9M
Chromatica 48.3m
WWAFA, WDWG? 47M
Sweetener 37M
Future Nostalgia 29.2M
Invasion Of Privacy 27M
Rare 25.3M 
Camila 19.5M
Manic 17.3M

Lemonade 15.4M

:celestial5:

Wait... you mean to tell me this did LESS than 3 year old Lemonade? :toofunny2:

12 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Yea it does, it basically means virtually 100M people who use those playlists had access to Selenas single without having to look for it, if they were to shuffle one of those playlists it could easily play and boom there’s a stream. That’s the whole point of it :rip: 

An artist like Demi who isn’t that known to the GP like Gaga, Ariana, Taylor actually needs exposure on streaming in order for people to check out the music out of stan world, and I’d find you’d think a lot of popstars would suffer the same. 

A lot of streaming hits wouldn’t have been the hits they were if they didn’t have that support for the GP to latch onto it.

9 minutes ago, Quenn said:

These numbers are DREADFUL and everyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves.

:ahh:

:michael: She is doing alright for her standards, but the days of her hanging with Selena, Miley, or Ariana are far gone. Her fans seems to dig the album for the most part, and that’s what matters!

4 minutes ago, Revenge said:

Yea it does, it basically means virtually 100M people who use those playlists had access to Selenas single without having to look for it, if they were to shuffle one of those playlists it could easily play and boom there’s a stream. That’s the whole point of it :rip: 

An artist like Demi who isn’t that known to the GP like Gaga, Ariana, Taylor actually needs exposure on streaming in order for people to check out the music out of stan world, and I’d find you’d think a lot of popstars would suffer the same. 

A lot of streaming hits wouldn’t have been the hits they were if they didn’t have that support for the GP to latch onto it.

it's Selena's fault Scooter can't seem to playlist Demi's album track?

outside of the Ariana collab, you can't say her album tracks streams are tragic and you can't put it on the playlisting since most girls (Taylor, Gaga, Selena) had NONE playlisting for their album tracks and yet their albums had better debut for those tracks

Nice debut proportionally to the playlisting reach. Probably one of the best ratio streams/playlisting reach out of her peers.

Could've been 30M debut easily if her label actually promoted. 

There was 0 exposure on Spotify so it's all 100% organic.

Edited by PopFan1996

Why do yall act as if she was ever a streaming force? :skull: her last hit as the lead artist was 4 years ago which was pretty local

They're okay numbers considering only 1 non single track made it on TTH at #13 which is kinda useless. Also, #MusicNotTheBling, it's a quality album so who cares. :cm:

5 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

it's Selena's fault Scooter can't seem to playlist Demi's album track?

outside of the Ariana collab, you can't say her album tracks streams are tragic and you can't put it on the playlisting since most girls (Taylor, Gaga, Selena) had NONE playlisting for their album tracks and yet their albums had better debut for those tracks

Nah. I definitely disagree on that. It's just absolutely false. They at least had banners that said that their album was actually OUT and also two songs on Today's top Hits that reached at least 50M playlist reach + #1 on the playlist + Playlist cover. That would've done a big difference. Stop lying to yourself

Edited by PopFan1996

Just now, PopFan1996 said:

Nah. I definitely disagree on that. It's just absolutely false. They at least had banners that said that their album was actually OUT and also two songs on Today's top Hits that reached at least 50M playlist reach + Playlist cover. That would've done a big difference. Stop lying to yourself

I'm talking about album tracks not songs promoted on the playlist and none of Demi's album tracks even came close to 600k streams compared to Selena's Rare which all crossed 1M+ first day

2 minutes ago, Goofy said:

Why do yall act as if she was ever a streaming force? :skull: her last hit as the lead artist was 4 years ago which was pretty local

SNS is definitely not local. At least not in long terms. Only 300M is coming from the US and over Almost 600M from other parts of the world. Definitely Global smash.

Just now, chosensparkles said:

I'm talking about album tracks not songs promoted on the playlist and none of Demi's album tracks even came close to 600k streams compared to Selena's Rare which all crossed 1M+ first day

Those girls you mentioned literally had 2 album tracks on the playlist. Literally stop lying to yourself

Tragic  Demi has never done great numbers even prior to the streaming era. So idk why her fans act like a playlist would change that. :priceless:

1 minute ago, PopFan1996 said:

Those girls you mentioned literally had 2 album tracks on the playlist. Literally stop lying to yourself

Albums tracks is not SINGLES but whatever helps you sleep at night

3 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Albums tracks is not SINGLES but whatever helps you sleep at night

Being album tracks doesn't mean they can't get playlisting?? The last time I tracked Rare when it was released even some album tracks had playlisting... Also you're just going to ignore the fact that I didn't mention only playlisting? But also exposure. It's important. Playlist COVERS. BANNERS. All of those matter and Demi got an insignificant amount and it's been confirmed it's because Island is going bankrupt because the CEO left. 

7 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

Tragic  Demi has never done great numbers even prior to the streaming era. So idk why her fans act like a playlist would change that. :priceless:

It definitely would. No matter what you will say, it 100% will change a LOT . That's just a fact.

3 hours ago, fattysel said:

not 1.5M more than revelación which had way way less songs :rip: 

everyone say thank you Ariana. 

:deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Being album tracks doesn't mean they can't get playlisting?? The last time I tracked Rare when it was released even some album tracks had playlisting... Also you're just going to ignore the fact that I didn't mention only playlisting? But also exposure. It's important. Playlist COVERS. BANNERS. All of those matter and Demi got an insignificant amount and it's been confirmed it's because Island is going bankrupt because the CEO left. 

and so why is it Selena's fault? like blame her label and Scooter

Numbers are expected, actually she did better all things considered :jonny:

17 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Nice debut proportionally to the playlisting reach. Probably one of the best ratio streams/playlisting reach out of her peers.

Could've been 30M debut easily if her label actually promoted. 

There was 0 exposure on Spotify so it's all 100% organic.

Playlisting might have been tragic, but there's no excuse for an Ariana Grande collab to debut with those numbers even if it's not #1 on every playlist

Feel Me was a 4-year-old leaked track that was surprise released and put lower than that on TTH and still debuted with bigger numbers. It's a combination of lack of interest from the general public and either her team being totally incapable of marketing Demi Lovato as an appealing popstar in 2021 or her just genuinely not caring about success and only doing what she feels like

27 minutes ago, Revenge said:

How much playlist support did Baila Conmigo have on January 29th? 
Someone please provide the stats. You can’t compare a 2 month old song to a song that just came out.

songs get added to playlists if the GP is streaming it on the playlists it’s already on.

3 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

and so why is it Selena's fault? like blame her label and Scooter

Where did I say it was Selena's fault? Actually great for her. We wish Demi's album got the same treatment then it will be a fair comparison.
I am just proving you why you shouldn't compare an album with 0 exposure to albums with a lot of exposure. It's unfair

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.