• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Junlin

• GustavoBardusco

• Tistotal

• SchmoodRing

Passle
34 minutes ago, issgouding said:

If we are talking about the same song then it’s a long story and she had to be replaced on that one not because it was good it does mean they have to keep her vocals on it .

She has been removed from two David Guetta tracks so far this year. One of them comes out on Friday, the other is on David’s new album. 

26 minutes ago, Passle said:

She has been removed from two David Guetta tracks so far this year. One of them comes out on Friday, the other is on David’s new album. 

Wait is David releasing this friday?

Passle
7 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

Wait is David releasing this friday?

E2QpYQ1UUAART_d?format=jpg&name=large

They've reworked the song into more of a rave track, so it's being released by Tiesto's record label, and not a Warner Music one. The original version is from the Raye sessions. David has a new release planned every week for the rest of summer.

3 minutes ago, Passle said:

They've reworked the song into more of a rave track, so it's being released by Tiesto's record label, and not a Warner Music one. The original version is from the Raye sessions. David has a new release planned every week for the rest of summer.

A slay the other DJs should take notes, he's dropping a bunch of content lately

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

So then what did you mean to say?

He actually said it's a long story. And also added that not because a song is good it means it has to be sung by her. I think he wanted to say the song is good but she doesn't fit well on it. However, my English is also bad so maybe I didn't understand correctly either lol

oh well, It's a shame, we could've had at least 3 new tracks from her this year :chick3:

7 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

He actually said it's a long story. And also added that not because a song is good it means it has to be sung by her. I think he wanted to say the song is good but she doesn't fit well on it. However, my English is also bad so maybe I didn't understand correctly either lol

oh well, It's a shame, we could've had at least 3 new tracks from her this year :chick3:

I think it's fine, when we think about it, it's actually a DJ overload from her :rofl:

The Bang EP = 4 songs with Imanbek, one of them features David who also had other two songs ready with her, and she's also releasing You For Me with another DJ as it was pointed here on the thread and who knows what else she has recorded in Australia. She should be able to experiment a bit outside of the EDM zone because she will be forever boxed as the DJ-feature-girl like Becky Hill.

Passle

I hadn't realised somebody has uploaded a trimmed version of the full track up. This is a bootleg "radio edit", there is an actual pop radio version of this track. As I said to a few of you over PM, Rita herself messed up her music plans for this year.

23 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

I think it's fine, when we think about it, it's actually a DJ overload from her :rofl:

The Bang EP = 4 songs with Imanbek, one of them features David who also had other two songs ready with her, and she's also releasing You For Me with another DJ as it was pointed here on the thread and who knows what else she has recorded in Australia. She should be able to experiment a bit outside of the EDM zone because she will be forever boxed as the DJ-feature-girl like Becky Hill.

Agree with all of that. I’d much rather what’s coming than another Guetta track that won’t be promoted because he has too many releases. 

14 hours ago, Passle said:

Bruh are you ****ing kidding me 😒 why is she fumbling her bag 💀 

14 hours ago, Passle said:

I'll be so mad if this ends up being a bop. I'd love to hear Rita on a rave track. Smfh Rita get it together!

13 hours ago, GustavoBardusco said:

A slay the other DJs should take notes, he's dropping a bunch of content lately

Exactly. Idc what people have to say about David. He delivers a majority of the time. Still churns out hits and albums and gets radioplay. Can't say the same for all DJs.

13 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Ah yeah the language barrier makes sense. Also "just because a song doesn't mean that it has to be sung by her." Um why as fans wouldn't we want her to sing on good songs 😐 that's kind of the whole point. We know she can sing good we just also want it to be accompanied by good music too 😆 wait what 3 new songs?

13 hours ago, GustavoBardusco said:

Her release strategy post Phoenix has been really sloppy and inconsistent. The fact that it's so known a bunch of songs that were supposed to be released by and for her and not seeing the light is not exactly complimentary. Like when we were supposed to get Testosterone, and when the Sean Paul, Marshmello, Ritual and 2Chainz collabs were canceled last minute. Idk if she pissed someone off behind the scenes or something but someone pointed out that even Spotify hasn't really supported her in the same way either post Phoenix 😕 and then this new pattern of her being removed or replaced on songs is just not a good look. Also the EP is not really known outside of her fanbase and neither is Imanbek as a DJ either considering it was just a random side project that was dropped to hold us over. You And Me unless their is something that we're not being told is just produced by ag cook and easyfun and doesn't feature a dj as a artist credit. Also alot of casual listeners know of her from these DJ collabs like Lonely Together, Carry On and Ritual. It expands her demographic. Also nothing wrong with Becky Hill and the position that she is in. She's basically in the position that Rita was in around the time of Phoenix except it's actually sticking because she's being consistent with quality and quantity. Rita needs to stop this whole hey guys here you guy then ghosting us. At least keep the droplets in rotation so you're not forgotten and don't get lost in the shuffle sis.

13 hours ago, Passle said:

I hadn't realised somebody has uploaded a trimmed version of the full track up. This is a bootleg "radio edit", there is an actual pop radio version of this track. As I said to a few of you over PM, Rita herself messed up her music plans for this year.

I'm guessing the version that will be officially released this week will be the "pop" version. Jesus Christ, Rita what did you do girl 😳 

13 hours ago, SomeGirl said:

Agree with all of that. I’d much rather what’s coming than another Guetta track that won’t be promoted because he has too many releases. 

The thing is she needs to actually arrive and stay as oppose to coming and going. She claimed that we would no longer have those gaps that we endured when she was in limbo yet here we are smfh im rooting for you girl cmon!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

The thing is she needs to actually arrive and stay as oppose to coming and going. She claimed that we would no longer have those gaps that we endured when she was in limbo yet here we are smfh im rooting for you girl cmon!

Well she’d continue to come and go if she put out tracks with Guetta. It was already said by the same person that Big wasn’t getting airplay because of Guetta’s other release that was coming. So idk why we’re giving an f about Guetta. She needs to have actual campaigns. Not throw things at the wall and hope something sticks. If she put out 4 tracks 3 months ago and now has another one coming in a couple weeks and y’all still aren’t satisfied…clearly that’s the reason. 

Edited by SomeGirl

1 hour ago, SomeGirl said:

Well she’d continue to come and go if she put out tracks with Guetta. It was already said by the same person that Big wasn’t getting airplay because of Guetta’s other release that was coming. So idk why we’re giving an f about Guetta. She needs to have actual campaigns. Not throw things at the wall and hope something sticks. If she put out 4 tracks 3 months ago and now has another one coming in a couple weeks and y’all still aren’t satisfied…clearly that’s the reason. 

I'm not saying that she has to strictly work with him. And that can also be avoided if he doesn't get artist feature credit. I think Rita is at fault because of timing. Especially with the negative publicity because David has more than one song on radio being played and promoted right now with no issue. I agree about having actual campaigns. I'm grateful for the EP because the radio silence on the music front from her was not it. 

17 minutes ago, Electric Youth said:

Yes :duca: 

I loved Phoenix, I'm here for a 2.0 version of that

Same 

7 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Bruh are you ****ing kidding me 😒 why is she fumbling her bag 💀 

I'll be so mad if this ends up being a bop. I'd love to hear Rita on a rave track. Smfh Rita get it together!

Exactly. Idc what people have to say about David. He delivers a majority of the time. Still churns out hits and albums and gets radioplay. Can't say the same for all DJs.

Ah yeah the language barrier makes sense. Also "just because a song doesn't mean that it has to be sung by her." Um why as fans wouldn't we want her to sing on good songs 😐 that's kind of the whole point. We know she can sing good we just also want it to be accompanied by good music too 😆 wait what 3 new songs?

Her release strategy post Phoenix has been really sloppy and inconsistent. The fact that it's so known a bunch of songs that were supposed to be released by and for her and not seeing the light is not exactly complimentary. Like when we were supposed to get Testosterone, and when the Sean Paul, Marshmello, Ritual and 2Chainz collabs were canceled last minute. Idk if she pissed someone off behind the scenes or something but someone pointed out that even Spotify hasn't really supported her in the same way either post Phoenix 😕 and then this new pattern of her being removed or replaced on songs is just not a good look. Also the EP is not really known outside of her fanbase and neither is Imanbek as a DJ either considering it was just a random side project that was dropped to hold us over. You And Me unless their is something that we're not being told is just produced by ag cook and easyfun and doesn't feature a dj as a artist credit. Also alot of casual listeners know of her from these DJ collabs like Lonely Together, Carry On and Ritual. It expands her demographic. Also nothing wrong with Becky Hill and the position that she is in. She's basically in the position that Rita was in around the time of Phoenix except it's actually sticking because she's being consistent with quality and quantity. Rita needs to stop this whole hey guys here you guy then ghosting us. At least keep the droplets in rotation so you're not forgotten and don't get lost in the shuffle sis.

I'm guessing the version that will be officially released this week will be the "pop" version. Jesus Christ, Rita what did you do girl 😳 

Dude, we get it, you like the faceless DJ features but it's common sense that you don't build a fanbase from this and the bland A&R demos pitched to 10+ artists at the same time that she's used to record. And I'm not against it DJ features! But she needs to coordinate a DJ feature once in a while with her own stuff and it needs to be original, not a sequel to faceless features. And collaborate more outside the EDM scene because otherwise she will be forever boxed as the DJ vocalist girl when her voice can do so much more. And I do agree it's been almost three years since Phoenix and it's about time for the album release but if she's taking some time to come up with strong material with original concepts and big visual references I can wait (but lbr she isn't :skull:). 

Passle
45 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

faceless DJ features

Let's not pretend that Rita's career wasn't launched off the back of a DJ Fresh feature.

All of Rita's music is second hand demos. Remember that writer's camp from 2019. A grand total of 0 songs from it actually ended up with Rita.

What was meant to be the lead single from her 3rd album was a Lewis Capaldi demo:

and "Big" is a David Guetta / Ed Sheeran demo from 2014.

50 minutes ago, Passle said:

Let's not pretend that Rita's career wasn't launched off the back of a DJ Fresh feature.

All of Rita's music is second hand demos. Remember that writer's camp from 2019. A grand total of 0 songs from it actually ended up with Rita.

What was meant to be the lead single from her 3rd album was a Lewis Capaldi demo:

I never said otherwise, only that I hope she does better than that. Hot Right Now was released 10 years ago and we still don't know what makes Rita stand from the others because she keeps recording this kind of easy pop songs pitched from A&Rs.

I wouldn’t classify most of the songs she did with Ali/Andrew/Brian etc for Phoenix as “second hand demos”. She needs to spend more time in writing camps like that and less time filming TV shows and that’s really it. She’s meant to be going to LA now (if not there already) to do so so we’ll see :michael:

3 hours ago, Passle said:

ohh what songs?

I’m glad her 2019 songs were scrapped and that’s not something bad for her considering those songs were not good at all lol.:coffee2:

2 hours ago, SomeGirl said:

I wouldn’t classify most of the songs she did with Ali/Andrew/Brian etc for Phoenix as “second hand demos”.

Tea, after all Wolves was her song then it was pitched to Selena

• #FreeBritney Activist
10 hours ago, Passle said:

Was it supposed to be the lead for her third album? lol

I don't know the DJ in question but I'm so here for it!

5 hours ago, GustavoBardusco said:

Tea, after all Wolves was her song then it was pitched to Selena

The song with actual vocals :jonny: