• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theweekend

• Electric Youth

• gui

• Rhys Austin

theweekend

tbh this production is probably the best I've seen this year. a perfect infusion of several genres which goes perfectly into the summer also sets well in every radio format and it's a grower.

This is a grower. It's very chill and carefree. I don't see this going anywhere but it could be a cute top 40 radio hit if the label play their cards right. 

At first I find it very meh but now I like it and I have played the song like 10 times today.

pablozedd
On 4/26/2021 at 9:02 PM, kindararenext said:

as much as i agree it would be so much better if she included more brazilian rhythms into her music, she’s trying to achieve commercial success in the US and she can’t just go with a full brazilian funk song for example because americans aren’t used to that type of sound and won’t support the song so she has to play it safe. at least she’s giving us a mix of brazil x US i guess 

Vai Malandra did get her name out there a bit though. Cardi B used a WAP funk remix at the Grammys :michael: maybe she just needs  to mix Funk properly with an urban sound (me gusta was not it). I don't think playing it safe is the best path. Literally the most times a pop girl managed to get their first hits it was either for a very original sound, a very original visual or a very strong presence + attitude. Girl From Rio is not it. She's playing too safe.

If Anitta really thinks trying this soft Bossa Nova sound will do anything for her... I mean the sample sounds is great and it could work but the trap beat is so basic and overdone, there's a bunch of basic songs like that..

VelvetCrush
On 4/26/2021 at 2:21 PM, James_XL said:

I hate this basic trap pop, but the sample elevates it. But if her bops can’t do nothing outside Brasil I don’t see how this will except for maybe shops and elevators...

12 hours ago, Marshal_ac said:

The problem with Anitta is that she doesn’t have a unique sound. She’s always chasing whatever trend she thinks will get her a hit. Like for example, this trap sound is so not her but because she knows it worked for Ariana and it’s very popular in Latin America she decided to go that route and the song sounds like elevator music 

1 hour ago, Psycho said:

This sounds like LP by Red Velvet

It's a Garota de Ipanema sample, one of the most famous songs/melodies of all time. which is also the base for the elevator music cliche

theweekend

Spotify ww

ab67616d0000485199f7b72649acea41c09f19f3 58

Girl From Rio by Anitta 1,371,070

pretty good debut. she outdid a dj Khaled's and Justin Bieber's collab.

QueenofCopyPaste

THIS IS SUCH A GROWER

theweekend
1 minute ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

THIS IS SUCH A GROWER

I've said it.  it's an instant ear worm, but when the chorus hits you it's truly over. I literally woke up this night at 5am while the melody was soaring in my head. :jonny6:

Selena’s Bad Liar
Just now, theweekend said:

I've said it.  it's an instant ear worm, but when the chorus hits you it's truly over. I literally woke up this night at 5am while the melody was soaring in my head. :jonny6:

I played it for a few of my friends and they loved it. If this goes Tik Tok viral she won :jonny5:

QueenofCopyPaste
9 minutes ago, theweekend said:

It's the magic of the Ipanema sample :jonny:

Anita's US team better go HAM and represent RIO in the U. S. masses

We need zoom radio tours and all sorts of promo

Fading
4 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

That's it. They must do every kind of promo iHeart media requests. If she can get some kind of top 40 traction behind this it will be a win already.

theweekend
1 hour ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

it truly is. Warner better give her a dua treatment because this DESERVES!

1 hour ago, Selena’s Bad Liar said:

I played it for a few of my friends and they loved it. If this goes Tik Tok viral she won :jonny5:

I feel listeners reception have been positively so far I still haven't seen negative statements over it apart from stan world which is completely biased. I ain't even a casual listener of Anitta but this tune caught me fast because it's a great infusion from what's on trend in a different.

Cheers

The chorus is very catchy I keep singing it. The verses are kinda terrible tho.. the lyrics... :jonny4: :jonny4:

Who is the male model she keeps making out with? He's HOT

I really like this. Its Spotify performance was impressive WW too considering she only managed a #4 debut in Brazil.

Beatfreak

This could be a top 40 hit. it’s like a 2021 Havana

Selena’s Bad Liar

Big brother brazil had Justin Bieber and David Guetta performing last night :rip:

Couldn't Anitta have booked that promo spot for Girl From Rio? The viewership is massive this weekend

aegyo

cute song, I like the sample

well if the album never comes out at least we have the title track & I'll just use the single cover as the artwork :rip: 

justlore

I'm obsessed :dancehall2:

i agree when u define it as a basic song, but they make it work perfectly and rent free in my mind and doesnt want to get out.