Demi - 'Dancing with the Devil... The Art of Starting Over'

devonedelrey
10 minutes ago, Mason Gooding said:

no way :noparty: isn't one of the co-writers of that song also writer of Post Malone's Sunflower/Circles/I Fall Apart... I was really hyped for that song to be good and have decent lyrics

And you think it wont cause of that songwriter? Lol lets wait and see, 1 day left

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• rihannabiggestfan

• Ampersand13

• Pink Ranger

Mason Gooding

1 minute ago, devonedelrey said:

And you think it wont cause of that songwriter? Lol lets wait and see, 1 day left

the snippet just sounded plain bad... i had high hopes :jonny2:

rihannabiggestfan
15 minutes ago, ryoncé said:

I love TAOSO as a track and as a stunning musical experience

but I would never wish it as a single bc it would be a stone cold sized flop 

let’s just keep it as a perfect album track and let it shine for its quality and not get tangled in disappointing chart performance that would be inevitable 

Isn't Stone Cold the most streamed song from 'Confident' (at least on Spotify)? Hit confirmed :oh:

Ampersand13

I still shamelessly bop to ILM even though an album full of self-empowerment anthems like that would’ve been a total let down. ILM is great for what it was. 

So pumped, we’re so close y’all :WAP:

ryoncé
1 minute ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Isn't Stone Cold the most streamed song from 'Confident' (at least on Spotify)? Hit confirmed :oh:

That’s exactly my point

stone cold bombed as a single but is amazing quality and should have just stayed a stellar album track. People always use stone cold’s performance to drag Demi on this site 

I could see TAOSO thrive and do amazing on streaming but stay an album track and much admired deep cut

PopFan1996
1 hour ago, miguel said:

Same, i don't love the idea of it at all. A supernatural concept with demons and witches >>

That would be too immature for such a mature song. Pls we are not on Disney or some Winx Club series :rip:

rihannabiggestfan
11 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I still shamelessly bop to ILM even though an album full of self-empowerment anthems like that would’ve been a total let down. ILM is great for what it was. 

So pumped, we’re so close y’all :WAP:

I'm a sucker for the EXPLOSIVE stream of consciousness in ILM's chorus. It's serving anxiety release, and I love that.

And I love how it goes from explosive/anxious to the calm "I wonder when I love me is enough" and back to the explosive/anxious "why am I/why do I" section

willyogalvan

i actually dont think TAOSO would flop. Its such a feel good summer song imo

Ampersand13
2 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

I'm a sucker for the EXPLOSIVE stream of consciousness in ILM's chorus. It's serving anxiety release, and I love that.

And I love how it goes from explosive/anxious to the calm "I wonder when I love me is enough" and back to the explosive/anxious "why am I/why do I" section

Yes! Plus her vocals just sound so good on the track :WAP:

Rob_Matteo
5 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

That would be too immature for such a mature song. Pls we are not on Disney or some Winx Club series :rip:

Like, i think in general we'd all appreciate nice visuals for music videos but for a song like DWTD it wouldn't be very... authentic?

She NEEDS something that stays true to the meaning of the song. This era is all about storytelling, she keeps repeating it over and over again so i think having a video represent the moment she almost died is just SO on brand for this era and ideal imo

Ampersand13
4 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Like, i think in general we'd all appreciate nice visuals for music videos but for a song like DWTD it wouldn't be very... authentic?

She NEEDS something that stays true to the meaning of the song. This era is all about storytelling, she keeps repeating it over and over again so i think having a video represent the moment she almost died is just SO on brand for this era and ideal imo

I agree with this. I just hope it turns out well. I’ve never been nervous for a Demi video, but I’m cautious with this one. I just don’t want people jumping to the conclusion that she’s trying to sensationalize what happened or the classic ‘using it for clout’ argument. 

I have faith that she’s really thought everything through though, and I’m sure it’s going to be great but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a biT nervous

devonedelrey

We are getting a mv with a concept and a story line once in a blue moon and yall whine bc you want her to run through the woods and look cute 

Girl4Music
20 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Exactly!!

15 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I agree with this. I just hope it turns out well. I’ve never been nervous for a Demi video, but I’m cautious with this one. I just don’t want people jumping to the conclusion that she’s trying to sensationalize what happened or the classic ‘using it for clout’ argument. 

I have faith that she’s really thought everything through though, and I’m sure it’s going to be great but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a biT nervous

After 'Commander In Chief' and that red hat preview, I'm prepared for anything...

Ampersand13
1 minute ago, Girl4Music said:

Exactly!!

After 'Commander In Chief' and that red hat preview, I'm prepared for anything...

How did I already forget about that :dies:

I.C.U so far is the weakest song imo, it's cute i like it but it's nothing amazing! Butterfly's chorus grew on me! :alexz:

zasderfght

I haven't listened to the whole album, but I know Butterfly is the best song off the record. Maybe the Ariana collab can outshine it, but Butterfly is that song. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Cherish

Did it finally all l word? Please someone just tell me :jonny: 

ryoncé
2 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

I haven't listened to the whole album, but I know Butterfly is the best song off the record. Maybe the Ariana collab can outshine it, but Butterfly is that song. 

How can u say that without listening to the whole album ....

Lol butterfly is nice but hardly the highlight of even the already leaked songs 

Moonlightbae

The fact we still haven’t heard any of the collabs :jonny6: they all sound so good

Confusion
5 minutes ago, ronald said:

ICU is perfect. Why are people trashing it :rip:

It was one of my most anticipated songs, but it was just all right. It doesn’t take you anywhere, but I guess that’s why it’s a lullaby. She sounds so great in it though!

Lyrical Liar
2 minutes ago, Confusion said:

It was one of my most anticipated songs, but it was just all right. It doesn’t take you anywhere, but I guess that’s why it’s a lullaby. She sounds so great in it though!

Agreed, tbh. It works the way it is but not a fave.

OT: the chorus of Butterfly is definitely growing on me despite me finding it boring on first listen. :celestial2:

ryoncé

ICU is exactly how I expected it would be ... it was called lullaby so she gave us fair warning it would most likely be chill and calm throughout  

it’s nice but not something I will return to often

Lyrical Liar

The vocal effects on 15 Minutes still bothers me but it's cute. TWYDLAM and TAOSO >>>>>