KJ Apa Compared Working On "Riverdale" To Being "In Jail"

There are times when I'm like, 'Wow, [the fans] really have no idea that we are actual people.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/08/6/1614437665-2f248744-23b9-45cd-8819-7d7faff16dbc.jpeg

"I felt so free coming from a show where I feel like I'm in jail a lot of the time," he told Demi Moore. "With this character, it was like, 'Wow, this is what it’s like to really express myself in a natural way.' I wasn't covered in makeup or hair products. I had long hair and a beard. I just felt free."

"There’s been so much pressure in playing Archie," KJ said of his role on Riverdale. "I'm so grateful for the show and its success, but at the same time, there's a lot of baggage that comes with that success."

"I try and look at it from a fan's perspective to understand the way they think," KJ explained. "But there are times when I'm like, 'Wow, they really have no idea that we are actual people. They can't separate us from our characters.' You don't have that in other professions."

He went on: "You don't dissect the life of a builder and start judging the decisions he makes in his life with his wife and kids."

"As an actor, I will be judged on everything: my political opinions, my opinions on drugs, my opinions on the people I want to be with. Everything," KJ said. "It's something I've had to come to terms with."

X

Illuminati

I didn't know Riverdale had dedicated fans :rip: I feel like even the people on ATRL who watch it don't care about it that way.

nothing he said is all that extreme or out of touch, many celebrities have said the exact same thing :rip: and he worded it eloquently so i don’t get the issue??

3 minutes ago, May said:

nothing he said is all that extreme or out of touch, many celebrities have said the exact same thing :rip: and he worded it eloquently so i don’t get the issue??

Thought the same thing. I'm not understanding these reactions lol

Cryptique
35 minutes ago, qurl said:

celebrities are some of the dumbest most out of touch people alive wbk

uhmm..  most celebs said the same thing ?

and how is it out of touch when he's describing his own experience of fame?

• #FreeBritney Activist
Totami Legend

The last sentence seems like he voted for Trump and hates f words or sum :rip:

DesiredConsternation
13 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

The last sentence seems like he hates f words or sum :rip:

Probably because he does

Johnny Jacobs

Quit the show then.. 

They love thr fame and money the show is providing but they liek to bitch about it too. 

Starchild

I get it but :rip: has he been working since he was a kid? Cause if he started on ribwedale he was already older and im sure he knows how being a fan of something is :skull: so idk why it would be some big deal to "picture myself as a fan" it just sounds so ...

Kevin2803
1 hour ago, qurl said:

celebrities are some of the dumbest most out of touch people alive wbk

I don't understand your comment, to be honest, because nothing he said was out of touch. He was absolutely right about how people treat and talk about celebrities, like if they are not human. Yes, they choose to be be in the spotlight and have to deal with the bad sides of fame, but that doesn't make it right. 

And are you a celebrity? If not, i don't think you should judge how he feels about it. I feel like people think celebrities are making so much more money than the average person and because of that, they should just shut up and be happy. As if they are not allowed to feel bad from time to time. 

Digitalism

Eventhough he shouldn't say this, fans sometimes think celebrities own them something and they become really annoying. As a fan you should know your limits

Bethenny Frankel
5 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Truly the new Glee :skull: Terrible show that even the actors hate making

At least Glee was self-aware and broke the fourth wall multiple times, while also knowing how INSANE it was in later seasons. Riverdale is just a POS.

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

Hes literally a bisexual communist ?

• #FreeBritney Activist
Totami Legend
10 minutes ago, freejodi said:

Hes literally a bisexual communist ?

NO WAY OMG

f7lpzyF.thumb.gif.7c77436f6f94c1e62cda01

• #FreeBritney Activist
Totami Legend
1 hour ago, DesiredConsternation said:

Probably because he does

we all do xx 

swmFuLD.thumb.gif.bb10c109f456168d0b1bdb

Illuminati
1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

The woke twitter is actually way more harsh on other woke people over minor disagreements

5 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

NO WAY OMG

f7lpzyF.thumb.gif.7c77436f6f94c1e62cda01

What is this :bibliahh:

ot: he hates stans and I don’t blame him 

tho that statement is hyperbole 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Totami Legend
1 minute ago, Katamari said:

What is this :bibliahh:

Me dressed as Lili Reinhart to taste the Apa
f7lpzyF.thumb.gif.7c77436f6f94c1e62cda0104ca01ee5f.gif

Not that delulu user claiming he's bisexual WHERE'S THE PROOF :rip:

I mean he has a point but at the same time actors get paid exorbitant amounts of money for a fairly simple job (compared to others) so it is what it is.