1. Beyoncé

Overall gross: $1,008,743,477

jreed1703 | Beyonce formation, Beyoncé giselle knowles, Beyonce formation  tour

2. Jay-Z

Overall gross: $695 million

Jay-Z: Ditch the Self-Help Platitudes | Westword

3. Drake

Overall gross: $348 million

Drake Performed "Back To Back" For The Last Time "Ever” On New Year's Eve |  The FADER

4. Rihanna

Overall gross: $336 million

800px-Rihanna_Diamonds_World_Tour_13%2C_2013.jpg

5. Tina Turner

Overall gross: $235 million

Tina Turner Musical 'Tina' Set for Broadway Debut in Fall 2019 - Rolling  Stone

Rest of the Top 10:

Spoiler

6. Kanye West

Overall gross: $219 million

7. Prince

Overall gross: $207 million

8. Lionel Richie

Overall gross: $192 million

9. Kevin Hart

Overall gross: $171 million

10. Chris Brown

Overall gross: $157 million

Source: https://www.pollstar.com/article/boxoffice-insider-top-grossing-black-touring-artists-147430

------

Any surprises? :clap3:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• onewillowsilk

• Squall

• Yuanyu

• Quenn

Thinking Of You
13 minutes ago, Quenn said:

5. Tina Turner

The way she had to play stadiums in Europe. She had no other choice. Touring legend :alexz:

The STANDARD in front as always :clap3:

And dddd take 200 million off JayZ and give it to his wife since we all know he only grossed that **** from OTR 1and 2 :rip:

Drake outgrossing Rihanna??! :eek:

Tina Turner the ORIGINAL STADIUM QUEEN. Sus was slaying 80k stadiums in Loubiton Pumps before half the list were even born. Kanye being such a touring force is incredible. Wow what a list :clap3:

Beyoncé and Tina :clap3: 

was not expecting Chris Brown to be there...

Chris in the top 10 still while unable to tour in some major places unlike anyone else :clap3:a legend

"What's better than one billionaire? Two

'Specially if they're from the same hue as you"

621424657.jpg

3 hours ago, Scorp said:

The STANDARD in front as always :clap3:

And dddd take 200 million off JayZ and give it to his wife since we all know he only grossed that **** from OTR 1and 2 :rip:

Drake outgrossing Rihanna??! :eek:

Tina Turner the ORIGINAL STADIUM QUEEN. Sus was slaying 80k stadiums in Loubiton Pumps before half the list were even born. Kanye being such a touring force is incredible. Wow what a list :clap3:

I think that’s more like $370m.

Honestly in my book Tina is #1... Inflation and the surge in the touring industry really benefitted newer artists. 

Didn't know Drake's tours do so well.

Remember when delusional ATRL folk kept insisting Drake doesn't tour well and can't even sell out arenas (based on absolutely nothing) because they're bitter about how he outdoes their faves easily every single year? :dies:

It's also important to note than Drake has never played stadiums (which gross exponentially more money than arenas do) and has only gone on 4 (30-50+ date) arena tours and yet he's already that high :gaycat5:

Drake is the only person in the top 5 who is yet to play stadiums and has been touring for the shortest period of time (2012-2019) and yet he's #3 :dies:

Edited by onewillowsilk

29 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Remember when delusional ATRL folk kept insisting Drake doesn't tour well and can't even sell out arenas (based on absolutely nothing) because they're bitter about how he outdoes their faves easily every single year? :dies:

It's also important to note than Drake has never played stadiums (which gross exponentially more money than arenas do) and has only gone on 4 (30-50+ date) arena tours and yet he's already that high :gaycat5:

Drake is the only person in the top 5 who is yet to play stadiums and has been touring for the shortest period of time (2012-2019) and yet he's #3 :dies:

Maybe because his last tour struggled? :dies: 

Tina Turner more than Aretha Franklin.:WAP:

1 hour ago, Squall said:

Maybe because his last tour struggled? :dies: 

His last tour is the highest-grossing rap tour of all time. How does that make any sense? 

You people don't know anything about his career and only regurgitate the things you see other people say about him which are mostly untrue. 

How is he the 3rd highest-grossing black touring artist of the last 21 years with only 4 arena tours to his name if any of his tours struggled? 

Maybe you should just focus on being a Swiftie and leave Drake's career to the people who actually know enough about it to have discussions about it.  

47 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

His last tour is the highest-grossing rap tour of all time. How does that make any sense? 

You people don't know anything about his career and only regurgitate the things you see other people say about him which are mostly untrue. 

How is he the 3rd highest-grossing black touring artist of the last 21 years with only 4 arena tours to his name if any of his tours struggled? 

Maybe you should just focus on being a Swiftie and leave Drake's career to the people who actually know enough about it to have discussions about it.  

There is a reason he isn't doing stadiums. 

I'm talking about the tour with Migos, a lot of dates weren't even done full capacity, @peterstyles13already gave the receipts 2-3 years ago, I can't remember exactly the details but I remember he wasn't doing that good.

Also, it seems like he had 5 (?):

Migos tour

Future tour

Views tour

NWTS tour

Take Care tour

Quick question, if there's a top grossing black-only touring list made.

Would making a white-only be considered racist? :huh: 

1 minute ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Quick question, if there's a top grossing black-only touring list made.

Would making a white-only be considered racist? :huh: 

It's Black History Month

5 hours ago, Squall said:

There is a reason he isn't doing stadiums. 

I'm talking about the tour with Migos, a lot of dates weren't even done full capacity, @peterstyles13already gave the receipts 2-3 years ago, I can't remember exactly the details but I remember he wasn't doing that good.

Also, it seems like he had 5 (?):

Migos tour

Future tour

Views tour

NWTS tour

Take Care tour

This is why you should keep away from talking about him/his career.

He has spoken about not wanting to play stadiums because of how messy the sound quality tends to be. Everyone knows that arena shows are a better experience musically for fans.

Funny for you to say someone who sold out the O2 arena 8 times, the Madison Square Garden 7 times and the Forum in LA 7 times (all in the same tour) can't play stadiums if they wanted. Like I said, you're a Swiftie. I don't know why you're pressed about Drake.

Also, the "Views tour" was the tour he went on with Future. He gave Migos and Future co-headlining credit out of respect but if you attended any of the shows, you'd know who the real headliner was because they performed for 30-40+ minutes before he came on for a 2-hour set every night. Also, Migos and Future have only ever played arenas with Drake. On their own, they can't even sell out 3K capacity venues. He has only gone on 4 arena tours and those 4 tours have grossed almost $400 million. Only someone who is delusional would try to turn that into a negative. 

I'll say it again. Focus on being a Swiftie. Stay out of Drake's business because it's clear you know nothing about it. 

Edited by onewillowsilk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.