Pop girls who were CAUGHT lipsyncing

Rv1709

30 minutes ago, CarCAL22 said:

Every pop girl has lipped at some point in their careers, whether it was an entire performance or just random vocals or runs....  this includes Mariah, Beyonce, Gaga and all those who have stans who circle jerk over their favs vocal abilities...  its the business. Lipsyncing will always be a thing. 

Now, when we see ****ups live its a true kii...

Ashlee Simpson fiasco is hilarious...   even that time Lindsay performed Rumors on some show and was clearly lipping and missed the timing on one part and you could tell she was BOTHERED she was exposed. 

8 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

All the girls have lip synced, literally.

Although most times they are “caught” it’s just a loud backing track to a song’s chorus but one can still tell there’s also live singing alongside.

Kelly Clarkson has never lipsynced :cm:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Marshal_ac

• Mr. Stratus

• MissedTheTrain

6 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

And you can still hear her vocals on top, because you can hear her panting and breathing heavily. There was an attempt :lmao:

5 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

There's a difference between lipsyncing (miming your lips with no sound coming out along to a pre-recorded vocal that you want the audience to believe is the sound currently coming out of your mouth), and having a backing track, which in most cases is just an alternative option to having actual background singers.  If the original song has a lot of layers of vocals, it sounds better to just have those extra layers play in the background while you sing the lead vocal live.

To my knowledge, Gaga has never actually lipsynced.

4 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

She's singing live even if the track is also playing in the background lol

To me a singer who can sing/dance live doesn’t need a backing track. So don’t come here saying she sings live 100% of the time when she clearly doesn’t as shown above. Backing track ≠ singing live. It’s cheating. 

1 minute ago, Ferret said:

The chorus was definitely lip synched. 

exactly. 

Marry Illusion Glory
3 minutes ago, Ferret said:

The chorus was definitely lip synched. 

Except it wasn't and you can clearly hear her voice but ok, Kitty Kat.  :rip:

1 minute ago, Marshal_ac said:

To me a singer who can sing/dance live doesn’t need a backing track. So don’t come here saying she sings live 100% of the time when she clearly doesn’t as shown above. Backing track ≠ singing live. It’s cheating. 

exactly. 

The video you provided, proves nothing. First you should be clear about what lip syncing means, then we can debate. When singers mime aka move their lips over pre-recorded tracks with their microphones OFF, that is what is lip syncing. You know, synchronizing your lip movement with the pre-recorded track, which is why they call it "lip-sync". What you should be saying is backing track =/= lip syncing, since they're both different. Every singer uses backing tracks (they have to) but every singer doesn't lip sync. Gaga has never lip synced in a LIVE performance, nor she ever will. Sorry to break it to ya but keep hunting for some solid proof which you are never going to find so all I'll say is, save your time and energy.

Just now, Marry Illusion Glory said:

The video you provided, proves nothing. First you should be clear about what lip syncing means, then we can debate. When singers mime aka move their lips over pre-recorded tracks with their microphones OFF, that is what is lip syncing. You know, synchronizing your lip movement with the pre-recorded track, which is why they call it "lip-sync". What you should be saying is backing track =/= lip syncing, since they're both different. Every singer uses backing tracks (they have to) but every singer doesn't lip sync. Gaga has never lip synced in a LIVE performance, nor she ever will. Sorry to break it to ya but keep hunting for some solid proof which you are never going to find so all I'll say is, save your time and energy.

cute change of tone from your original comment. Dont come in here acting all cocky as if gaga sings 100% live all the time when as we showed you she clearly used to use a backing track before when she used to dance more to help her get thru the song. Stop being such an arrogant fan base.

10 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

exactly. 

If an album on the record has a bunch of layers of background vocals, it's going to sound jarring if it's just one vocal track with the singer singing the lead alone, while dancing. :rip:  There's nothing wrong with having some layers of background vocals playing to help fill the sound.

For example, there was a period of time Kelly didn't have female background singers, so they just played her recorded backing tracks to fill the sound for the chorus, and she sang the lead on top.  There's nothing with that.

41 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Beyoncè in France when her track started skipping during Partition and she just walked off the stage :dies:

I think you re mistaken with her MTV Europe 2003 performance of Baby boy :rip:

32 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

Beyonce has lipsync her entire life. More than half of her coachella/homecoming album are pretty-recorded vocals.

gaga used to lip sync also but she has stopped recently because she doesn’t dance as much anymore so she can just focus on singing.

Jlo all the time.

The nerve :toofunny3:

Marry Illusion Glory
4 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

cute change of tone from your original comment. Dont come in here acting all cocky as if gaga sings 100% live all the time when as we showed you she clearly used to use a backing track before when she used to dance more to help her get thru the song. Stop being such an arrogant fan base.

Oh, I can almost see that nerve popping. Whatever helps you sleep at night, boo.

source.gif

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
5 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

It was sis. Don’t let your love for Gaga deceive you. The first chorus is a clear example she was lip synching . Nothing wrong with that though. She is one of the few artists who don’t do it often 

25 minutes ago, Skirt said:

The only time Rih lip-synced was for some local show in 2005. :rip:

And Gaga lip-synced a few times during her debut so...

No she didn't :rip:

Rihanna lip synched in Vegas with very obviously auto tuned vocals that wasn't the T at all. A Madonna cover I think. 

2 minutes ago, Ferret said:

It was sis. Don’t let your love for Gaga deceive you. The first chorus is a clear example she was lip synching . Nothing wrong with that though. She is one of the few artists who don’t do it often 

thats what i was trying to tell them. It's not a big deal but their arrogance and denial when they get clocked is amusing to see i have to say :coffee2:

Marry Illusion Glory
1 minute ago, Ferret said:

But you can hear her breathing? I even timestamped it for your convenience, where she can clearly be heard packing her breath in to repeat the chorus. Are you telling me she recorded that breath as part of the backing track as well? :rip:

Anyway, I'm done here. Y'all can have fun arguing over this.

8 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

cute change of tone from your original comment. Dont come in here acting all cocky as if gaga sings 100% live all the time

She does sing live 100% of the time. People are going to try Gaga in this thread as well ? :rip:

having a backing track you sing along with a microphone that is switched on too, isn't lip synching. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

She does sing live 100% of the time. People are going to try Gaga in this thread as well ? :rip:

having a backing track you sing along with a microphone that is switched on too, isn't lip synching. 

It's cheating. If she didn't need the backing track, she wouldn't use it. She could just sing to the instrumental but alas...

Thinking Of You
3 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Nope. Her vocal track literally started skipping in Paris in 2014 during Partition. There’s multiple articles but the video is gone. Her team was working hard :dies:

44 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

And you can still hear her vocals on top, because you can hear her panting and breathing heavily. There was an attempt :lmao:

I’m a Britney stan (Gaga’s my #3 after Taylor :heart:but I have to agree on this one. I dare ANYONE to show a video of Gaga lipsyncing on a live performance. The bitch doesn’t lipsync. She uses a backtracking track SOMETIMES but she still CLEARLY sings over it, it ain’t lipsyncing if we hear your live voice.

OT: Beyonce and Britney

24 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

The nerve :toofunny3:

When she performed Partition in the OTR tour for the HBO special back in 2014, the first night at Stace De France something went wrong with the track or production and she was just walking around the stage annoyed. The second night it was right and that’s the footage we got. 

Marry Illusion Glory
Just now, hector.adriel said:

I’m a Britney stan (Gaga’s my #3 after Taylor :heart:but I have to agree on this one. I dare ANYONE to show a video of Gaga lipsyncing on a live performance. The bitch doesn’t lipsync. She uses a backtracking track SOMETIMES but she still CLEARLY sings over it, it ain’t lipsyncing if we hear your live voice.

OT: Beyonce and Britney

Some people here don't know the difference between using a backing track and a lip syncing. Like out of all the things possible, one thing that you can't come for her is lip syncing. She'll even be ready to give a not-so-great vocal performance on an off day but wouldn't dare to lip sync. Besides, she has consistently called it out, why would she then? Only for people to call her a hypocrite and use her own words against her? OGHs will just find a way to somehow drag her into every thread possible :rip:

Beyonce, hands down.

She’s been caught lip syncing so many times, we might as well group her with Britney at this point. 

The most infamous incident was when she was caught lying and mimicking her NA performance at Obama’s inauguration and later awkwardly started singing it at the Super bowl event cuz she was embarrassed and got exposed and dragged that entire week. :deadbanana4: