Beyonce hasn't had a flop era yet. Why?

selena_lavigne

4 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

The GIFT BOMBED.

It was backed by a Billion grossing movie yet sold only 949 copies first week in the UK. :rip: Just because afro-beats is not a popular genre does not change the fact that the album tanked and this wasn't an album by some irrelevant D-Lister, it was one by Beyonce and should've done better. Period.

She sings/talks on 13 of the tracks, co-produced almost every track, all 4 of the singles were Beyonce songs, did a whole damn documentary on it and the album is credited as Beyonce and Various artists. :skull: 

It is a Beyonce album, the same way The Bodyguard and ASIB are Whitney and Gaga albums.

While I love The Gift, and I’m gonna say this from my point if view, I don’t consider or get interested in Soundtracks or side projects, is not the same.

When an artist does music to fit in a box or them is not really a studio album or one where fans get interested.

Yes it counts towards someone’s career but you can’t expect fans to be interested or hyped about it.

I mean just compare the hype from Lemonade or ST to The Gift.

I love the album but didn’t even heard it the day it came out. Took me a while to really check it out.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• CaptainMusic

• feuxtography

• TayAlison89

Top Posters In This Topic

KillingYourCareer
1 hour ago, Kimi said:

y’all talk about the same shite over and over and over again :rip:

!!! the OP isn't a funny troll at all ngl

feuxtography
Just now, Trent W said:

While I love The Gift, and I’m gonna say this from my point if view, I don’t consider or get interested in Soundtracks or side projects, is not the same.

When an artist does music to fit in a box or them is not really a studio album or one where fans get interested.

Yes it counts towards someone’s career but you can’t expect fans to be interested or hyped about it.

I mean just compare the hype from Lemonade or ST to The Gift.

I love the album but didn’t even heard it the day it came out. Took me a while to really check it out.

This is illogical though in regards to beyonce. You know full well if Taylor had her own full soundtrack venture it would have had success and wouldn't have been DOA from the start.

Even Ariana Grande's soundtrack charted longer than The Gift and Ariana was only on a couple of songs and only curated it. :rip:

POTATOPOP

She always delivers great music that isn’t easily replicated and stands out. She has great respect for herself and the work she puts out, so the general public trusts she will release great music and rightfully so.

theres obviously “the gift” and “everything is love” which people can bring up and have a quick laugh about how they didn’t succeed sales wise, but I don’t think either of the albums’ intent was to be massive on the charts. It was for either artistic reasons or just simply to accompany the movie. 

Almost every artist has done a soundtrack album or single that hasn’t performed too strongly. 

People like to use those two “eras” as examples of Beyoncé not succeeding, but I don’t think that’s fair. Once you take a look at all of Beyoncé solo studio albums you’ll find every single one was massively successful.

Starchild
38 minutes ago, ryoncé said:

Every artist on the planet has flopped at some point -

threads like these are not only a waste of everyone’s time but simply flame bait that the creator of this thread should be ashamed of inciting  

:clap3:

59 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Beyonce hasn't "flopped" because she and her team have smartly pivoted the focal point of her career. 

She is literally playing a different game to the rest. She's transcended commercial measurements of success and is now a figure with cultural impact. From popularising visual albums in the modern era, surprise drops, and being at the center of conversation for hot-point topics such as Black justice. 

All the while she has fed the commercial side of her career by way of sold-out tours (her strongest metric) and consistent solo album sales. Not to mention the game-changing business deals she's making that also feed her cultural impact (Netflix, Disney, Adidas, Peloton). 

She's an anomaly because she wisely made sure to have made the switch while she's still a commercial force. So the transition has been seamless and unnoticeable to most. 

It's also why those who don't like her are perplexed and forever chasing their tails in confusion as to "why her?" when it comes to the universal praise, acclaim, and social penetration she has. 

The simple answer is that the cultural resonance she possesses is like goldust; even a lot of acts that outsell her know that it's something that can't be bought and is the true secret sauce to having a long career and a lasting impact (beyond just the charts). 

Beyond music, Beyonce all at once is: a sound, a feeling, a dance, an experience, and even an adjective. That is something a hit song or album or stack of RIAA plaques can't buy. 

Standom aside, she truly is the one act that ought to be studied as a brand in decades to come. Because she really managed to take all the good of those that came before her, avoid their pitfalls, and all the while hang with the new acts of the now. Impressively without an outright solo flop to her name. In many ways, it's unprecedented. 

Such a well thought out and eloquent comment :clap3: I couldn't agree more! 

29 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

This is illogical though in regards to beyonce. You know full well if Taylor had her own full soundtrack venture it would have had success and wouldn't have been DOA from the start.

Even Ariana Grande's soundtrack charted longer than The Gift and Ariana was only on a couple of songs and only curated it. :rip:

If we’re gonna bring Taylor and Ariana to this they BOMBED too with their soundtracks :rip: And Smashed with their  studio albums next.

Honestly soundtracks are not an indication of someone’s relevance, those are side projects

I don’t understand why isolate Beyoncé with this :rip: 

Edited by Trent W
22 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Beautiful Ghosts didn’t even chart on the Billboard Hot 100

Ariana’s Charlie’s Angels soundtrack was the official soundtrack for the movie. The Lion King had its own official soundtrack, so no one even knew what The Gift was in relation to it. Very different situation 

Mystic Boy

I LOVE how ATRL are quick to dimiss DC stats and at the same time won't miss a single occasion to count her side projects :dies:

4 hours ago, FAN said:

The Gift, her album with Jay Z, 4 was a huge nosedive after IASF etc. Why do we have to be delusional? Everyone takes their turn at underperforming. 

This 

Beyoncé Knowles
3 hours ago, Optimus said:

4, Everything is Love,  The Gift, countless flop singles... :toofunny2:

Just because songs charted low on hit 100 that doesn't mean they're flop. Love on top and run the world both have more sales and streams then a lot of number 1s. 

And let's just not talk about Everything is Trash 

On 2/23/2021 at 1:40 PM, drmkng said:

Don't click

Reveal hidden contents

I said don't 

Reveal hidden contents

98-OUT

:bibliahh: