Huge classics that never charted in the top 40?

Brishka

Disturbed's "The Sound Of Silence" peaked at #42 in the US but went T 10 in several countries not including airplay in their charts. Literally, and not saying this flippantly, had the news of Prince's death broke 12 hrs later TSOS would've reached #40 & Purple Rain would've reached #1. Instead, 6 Prince songs reentered above TSOS, pushed TSOS 42-46 with a bullet & Purple Rain ran out of gas & only reached #4 the next week.

TSOS is certified 3×P. But considering Theory Of A Deadman's "Medicate Rx" is now 2×P & never even bubbled under, & TSOS still sells & streams more than Rx, TSOS is at least 4×P eligible. 

Modern English's 80s hit I Melt With You stalled in the 80s in the 80s & again in the 00s. If you hear the sound you'll recognize it. 

On 2/21/2021 at 11:52 PM, MrPeanut said:

Was due to the Hot 100 rules in the 90s. Couldn't chart because there wasn't an official physical single released, I think, even though it was #1 on the airplay chart for a record 16 weeks at the time.

Had BB credited imported single-many labels released singles for big airplay hits in every country but the US mid 90s to early 00s, DS would've probably gone T5. But BB didn't count or credit single imports toward H100 eligibility.

Danza Kuduro - #83

Diamond eligible.

59 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

Disturbed's "The Sound Of Silence" peaked at #42 in the US but went T 10 in several countries not including airplay in their charts. Literally, and not saying this flippantly, had the news of Prince's death broke 12 hrs later TSOS would've reached #40 & Purple Rain would've reached #1. Instead, 6 Prince songs reentered above TSOS, pushed TSOS 42-46 with a bullet & Purple Rain ran out of gas & only reached #4 the next week.

TSOS is certified 3×P. But considering Theory Of A Deadman's "Medicate Rx" is now 2×P & never even bubbled under, & TSOS still sells & streams more than Rx, TSOS is at least 4×P eligible. 

Modern English's 80s hit I Melt With You stalled in the 80s in the 80s & again in the 00s. If you hear the sound you'll recognize it. 

It has 466 million Spotify streams. Very impressive for a rock ballad.  

On 2/21/2021 at 11:46 AM, Before the Dawn said:

Dua's IDGAF

What's classic about this? Literally 2018 radio fodder:rip:

These classics were HUGE hits in Europe but never charted in USA !

I don't know, does it feel like Hits or Classics in the US ? Or nobody heard it ?

5 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

Oh wow I Melt with You is such a great song (and a classic)! Can't believe it didn't peak high.

15 hours ago, Blade said:

what :rip: "huge classics"...

That was actually one of her best. I didn’t think she would ever get a top 40 of her own till meant to be was released. But even though I adored it, it’s not as good as I got you. I think her last few singles have been horrendous though ever since that awful last hurrah got released she lost steam. I’m a mess wasn’t my favorite either but I can tolerate it which I can’t say the same for last hurrah or you can’t stop the girl. 

Yellow peaked at #48.

The Scientist didn't charted at all.

Fix You peaked at #59.

These should be pretty well-known.

So Yesterday - Hilary Duff (#42 in 2003)

Walks Like Rihanna - The Wanted (N/A)

Song 2 - Blur (N/A)

Elevation - U2 (N/A)
One - U2 feat. Mary J Blige (#86 2006)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.