St. Vincent - 'Daddy's Home'

World Eater

The way the lyrics are covered in so much unnecessary obscurity. :deadbanana4:

Live In The Dream is ...wow. Somewhat of a career highlight only if the vocals once again weren't so muddy and hidden in the mix. (which so far is the theme of the album)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HonourableVomit

• Ice Cream Skies

• truthteller

• JoeAg

49 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

Why does this thread have much less pages than the Masseduction album thread :eli:

Tbh that threads pages were 80% arguing over her selling out :deadbanana:

Posted (edited)

LIVE IN THE DREAM SAMPLING US AND THEM BY PINK FLOYD OMFG AOTFY 65bfcf74d2ba902839a0cc2fd2f01227_w200.gi

Edited by Khris

i’m gonna listen when it gets to streaming tonight, i’m a bit less into leaks these days tbh

i hope there’s at least one good guitar solo, and i’m most perched for Live in the Dream and ...At Holiday Party

3 hours ago, NordicGuy said:

Well that was a surprisingly fantastic album! After PYWIP I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this album as much as I enjoyed Masseduction but she really proved me wrong. I loved TMOTS and I was sure it would be the best song on the album but nope. Somebody Like Me, Live In The Dream and Down And Out Downtown are somehow even better. I love the occasional Pink Floyd vibes 

Oh? This is unexpected!

The Melting Of The Sun is a 10 for me, i just love the lyrics, the overall feel, she did that. It's great to see that there's a bunch of tracks that (according to you ofc) are at least on par with it.

I'm so excited, my most anticipated release of the year :falcon:

yall really didn't lie when yall said that the singles are the best songs on this album

…At The Holiday Party :jonny4: can’t get enough of it, it’s amazing 

35 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

i’m gonna listen when it gets to streaming tonight, i’m a bit less into leaks these days tbh

i hope there’s at least one good guitar solo, and i’m most perched for Live in the Dream and ...At Holiday Party

It didn’t leak. It’s already midnight in certain territories. 

5 minutes ago, lover. said:

It didn’t leak. It’s already midnight in certain territories. 

yeah i know but like i’ll just listen to it when it’s awn streaming lol

55 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

yeah i know but like i’ll just listen to it when it’s awn streaming lol

Use a VPN and treat yourself to this masterpiece. x

I am so obsessed with this record. It’s absolutely incredible. My favourite record of hers.

Hope this gets a Grammy. Preferably AOTY :nicole:

39 minutes ago, Eglė said:

I am so obsessed with this record. It’s absolutely incredible. My favourite record of hers.

Hope this gets a Grammy. Preferably AOTY :nicole:

I feel the same! I can’t stop playing it. It’s sublime!

I just listened to the snippets and they sound great, can't wait to listen to the whole thing tonight

65bfcf74d2ba902839a0cc2fd2f01227_w200.gi

Her strongest album yet, imo. The Laughing Man is incredible. Kinda sad that branding colours so much of how much music is appreciated amongst fans now. One buried interview is gonna frame the whole album for most people & it shouldn't. No weak songs, sounds both classic & fresh. Does such a good job at being both subtle/tasteful & going over the top. Really dynamic, I love it

It's more on the loose jazzy side than the retro funky guitar aspect of things, as if she sought out to create a a warm druggy soundtrack for a sad low budget film from the 70s that never was. It's definitely not a grabber but I'm sure it gets better the more it sinks in. There's moments that remind me of her first two albums. 

Can’t wait for this, god. I was personally not a fan of Masseduction and it put me off from getting into her for a while, but I eventually did and I like all her previous stuff besides that (even tho I assume I’m in the minority with disliking Masseduction). This is definitely gonna be a return to form :jonny: 

HIDE BEHIND THESE THINGS SO NO ONE SEES

YOU NOT GETTING WHAT YOU NEED

:jonny5: