TMZ Drags Taylor for Re-Recording Grammy Eligibility

Michael196

DatChickDoe
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

as if she would submit them 

Honestly I see no issue with it being eligible. She will not submit anything sans something like the 10 Min version of All Too Well since she considers it her magnus opus too. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gui Blackout

• Thinking Of You

• Michael196

• Starchild

no one ACTUALLY believes Taylor is submitting these rerecordings for Grammys :bibliahh:

y'all gonna tell me she shouldn't have rerecorded her music (so that she, could, you know, own her music) because of the implication that she could submit the rerecordings for Grammys? when has Taylor or anyone affiliated with her said that she's going to do that? no matter the perspective that is a LOSING move and if you think someone as savvy as Taylor would make that mistake then you've got something else coming

the only people actually concerned about this are people that, for whatever reason, have disliked Taylor long before these rerecordings were a thing. y'all aren't fooling anyone :toofunny2: 

skwonderfactory

TMZ has always been biased so no surprise here.

Anyway, it's not her fault that the Taylor's Versions are going to be eligible. I also don't see her submitting for Fearless or 1989 since both got Album of the Year wins, but why not the others for best pop vocal album, or even song of the year for "All Too Well" (10 minute version) if it sees the light.

1 hour ago, DatChickDoe said:

Honestly I see no issue with it being eligible. She will not submit anything sans something like the 10 Min version of All Too Well since she considers it her magnus opus too. 

I don't see anything with them being eligible either, she's right to re-record her own songs to actually own them, people should be trashing the industry, not the artist who's music was sold behind their back. but yeah, I said that only because some people saw "eligible" and immediately saw "she will submit it for the Grammys!" which we know she won't. 

Bey'Knight

How would the submissions even work if she releases them all within the same eligibility window? I had to laugh when swifties were on about albums like Red coming back to win AOTY. That might just be the final nail in the coffin cus there’s no coming back from that river. 

2 hours ago, Insanity said:

Kinda dumb to make re recordings eligible for Grammys tbh

where is mena Massoud avi from ?

28 minutes ago, kayliah said:

where is mena Massoud avi from ?

Idk I found it on Google images

Crank_It_Up

Attacking Taylor when The Grammy’s decided this...some of y’all are embarrassing :biblio:

gloamingtheplain
6 hours ago, Shelter said:

It is greed and it’s taking a spot from someone else. She had her chance with them. 

But its not her rule. So what, she shouldn't rerecord her own albums? :rip: It's not greed when she isn't doing it for this purpose. She's combatting Scooters greed by owning her own work. 

gloamingtheplain
6 hours ago, Shelter said:

Meltdown where? I’m just saying it’s wrong. This is Taylor, course she will submit them :rip:

She will submit Evermore, not her past albums :rip: 

Roman Holiday

Y’all still arguing over these rich white people and their rich White people issues 

MissedTheTrain

That's not why she's doing this and she probably won't even submit them for Grammys......talk about trying to make a nonstory into something. :rip: This screams Scooter using his preferred mouthpiece TMZ to slander her.

Taylucifer

y’all are attacking her for being ELIGIBLE... there’s very slim chance she’ll get nominated much more win one

you bunch of weirdos :priceless:

bluebirdsforever

I would just like to point out that the source for this is quite literally Fox News

The jokes write themselves

6 hours ago, Insanity said:

Kinda dumb to make re recordings eligible for Grammys tbh

It's definitely weird, but I think a lot of people forget that they've always been eligible (and that ATRL favs have even won for them in recent years)

Lady Gaga won a Grammy for a re-recording of her song Joanne. Adele won with a new live recording of Set Fire to the Rain. Camila was nominated for Havana (Live). So people acting like its just some new technicality they invented for Taylor Swift are sending me. :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

I would just like to point out that the source for this is quite literally Fox News

The jokes write themselves

It's definitely weird, but I think a lot of people forget that they've always been eligible (and that ATRL favs have even won for them in recent years)

Lady Gaga won a Grammy for a re-recording of her song Joanne. Adele won with a new live recording of Set Fire to the Rain. Camila was nominated for Havana (Live). So people acting like its just some new technicality they invented for Taylor Swift are sending me. :deadbanana4:

Not that just that a 13 yr old album is eligible lol

Holiest Dreams

The Scooter stans in here :deadbanana: I am giggling...

Anyway, I hope she submits everything that’s eligible now :clap: