BB200: Female artists with most albums w/ 100+ wks on chart | Billie gets 3rd entry

Feanor

1 hour ago, littlebodybigheart said:

shocked beyonce’s “lemonade” didn’t cross 100 weeks. (not shade btw, just don’t know why since i remember it being a big-ish era back in 2016)

I guess the main reason it didn't was because it wasn't widely available on streaming.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feanor

• skyandground

• Michael196

• GreatestLoveofAll

littlebodybigheart
9 minutes ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

I guess the main reason it didn't was because it wasn't widely available on streaming.

i forgot about this. makes so much sense now! thanks!

Lemonade is normal because of her not putting it on streaming and it could get there eventually but B’Day and 4 deserve!!! :weeps:

Apparently Diamond albums like Let's Talk About Love and Oops I Did It Again didn't make it to 100 weeks.:skull:

The "Artists with most multi-Platinum albums" list should be the more accurate indicator of longevity.

Barbra, Madonna and Mariah should still be ahead of Taylor using this more accurate metric.

20 minutes ago, skyandground said:

Apparently Diamond albums like Let's Talk About Love and Oops I Did It Again didn't make it to 100 weeks.:skull:

The "Artists with most multi-Platinum albums" list should be the more accurate indicator of longevity.

Barbra, Madonna and Mariah should still be ahead of Taylor using this more accurate metric.

All of Taylor studio albums except Evermore are multiplatinum tho

35 minutes ago, MANUELF said:

All of Taylor studio albums except Evermore are multiplatinum tho

I'm well aware Taylor has 8 multi-Platinum albums at the moment.

Barbra, Mariah and Madonna all have 10+ multi-Platinum albums.

9 hours ago, skyandground said:

I'm well aware Taylor has 8 multi-Platinum albums at the moment.

Barbra, Mariah and Madonna all have 10+ multi-Platinum albums.

What about triple platinum minimun?

Taylor has 7

12 hours ago, MANUELF said:

What about triple platinum minimun?

Taylor has 7

Mariah, Madonna 10

Barbra 8

Celine, Whitney 7

I'm only mostly looking at the official certifications. Some 3xP eligible albums are probably still missing.

Taylor's lead oh wow :rip:

Here for Whitney tho, if only the Whitney album served more longevity she'd have 3 since its at 88 weeks

On 2/9/2021 at 12:17 AM, skyandground said:

I mean its kinda tricky especially since those multi-platinum stats are mostly pure sales which dont guarantee longevity for most acts back then while streaming can make an album chart for 200 weeks with enough interests. It's a half and half for both generations of ladies. 

Oh wow I had never realized Katy had two :soda:

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Oh wow I had never realized Katy had two :soda:

PRISM pulling through :WAP:

Mariah has 3

1990 - 113 weeks - Mariah Carey

1993 - 128 weeks - Music Box

1994 - 100 weeks - Merry Christmas

• 3 weeks later...

Updated for this week.

Billie Eilish got her 2nd album with 100+ weeks on the BB200 chart, as "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" has reached 100 weeks this week :clap3:

peterstyles13

The way every single Taylor Swift album is/will be reaching that mark with ease :deadbanana4:

I'm shooked at Halsey :omg: she clearly is an album seller with longevity. Hope Manic can snatch 100 weeks. But it only has 58 but still charting :rip:

On 2/9/2021 at 8:17 AM, skyandground said:

They are very close actually. 

Mariah vs Taylor
9x vs 7x
4x vs 10x
10x vs 7x
6x vs 7x
10x vs 10x
5x vs 4x
3x vs 3x
1x vs 2x

1× vs 1×

And Taylor's 6-8 albums will probably reach 5 platinum each in the close future. 

The Emancipation of Mimi might be hard to catch tho. 

OT : Taylor's lead :jonny5:

• 4 months later...

Taylor Swift extends her lead, as her 2019 album "Lover" becomes her 7th album with 100 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart :clap3:

• 3 months later...

Updated the list.

New entries:

Doja+Cat+Feat.+Gucci+Mane+-+Like+That.jpg  Good-Girl-Gone-Bad--Reloaded-0602517728040.jpg

Doja Cat's Hot Pink (her first) with 105 charting weeks to date & Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad (her second) with 100 charting weeks till now. :clap3:

Edited by Feanor

• 2 months later...

Updated the list.

New entry:

819Lzke5g0L._SL1400_.jpg

Halsey's Manic has been added to the list, as it reached 100 charting weeks this week.

She joins the group of female artists with 3 albums reaching this milestone :clap3:

On 3/2/2021 at 7:36 PM, peterstyles13 said:

The way every single Taylor Swift album is/will be reaching that mark with ease :deadbanana4:

Fearless TV seems unlikely :gaycat6:

folklore, evermore and Red TV will get there

Ariana and her 89 weeks curse, she would have two more :deadbanana4:

14 hours ago, ariananext said:

Ariana and her 89 weeks curse, she would have two more :deadbanana4:

We need an album track from Sweetener to go viral :cm:

I don’t think ME will ever do it because bang bang units are given to the best selling album of the week between Jessie’s, nickis and Ariana’s album from that year plus LMH units are probably going to the highlights now :rip:

positions coming soon tho :clap3:

6 hours ago, Gerardo said:

We need an album track from Sweetener to go viral :cm:

I don’t think ME will ever do it because bang bang units are given to the best selling album of the week between Jessie’s, nickis and Ariana’s album from that year plus LMH units are probably going to the highlights now :rip:

positions coming soon tho :clap3:

Yeah true :gaycat6: hopefully Positions makes it 

Future Nostalgia is joining soon!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.