Rihanna is being slutshamed by Indian twitter. Disgusted.

Hello everyone!

I did not see this topic being posted or discussed much on Atrl yet.

If it has, Sorry but I am posting again to bring it to everyone's attention.

If you don't know, Rihanna yesterday posted a link on her twitter.

Indian farmers have been protesting against the government for more than a month now. You can read about it here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–2021_Indian_farmers'_protest

It is currently a huge topic here..!! HUGE!! This reddit comment summarises the basics:

It is a very complicated situation and a political slugfest.

But a very CLEAR ALARM it should ring for you is how it illustrates the crackdown of our "democracy" by the government in today's information age.

I am from India ( and I am also a Hindu).

Our current "BJP" government is Right wing leaning and a large portion of its support rests on an Indian version of MAGA supporters aka "bhakts" or Hindu nationalists.

India has always dealt with corrupt political parties but the current BJP govt has pushed their anti-minority propaganda to a worrisome extreme. You would not believe how heavy the pro govt, pro Hindu propaganda currently is on Indian TV and social media. NO big indian celebrity ever raises their voice on a topic that puts the current govt in a bad light for fear of being labelled as an anti-nationalist traitor. Doesn't help that the biggest celebrities in India are either upper caste Hindus (Amitabh Bachhan) so they dont care.... or Muslims (Shahrukh Khan) so that any of their disagreements are met with a HUGE public backlash calling them "to move to Pakistan"  (yes. This happens. Every time.) or women so that they are called "libetard *****s" who have been brainwashed by  "western values" of anti-patriotism, anti-culture, fake freedom. 

Meanwhile the Indian "secular" left- though supported by the more tech savvy, educated crowd-has a big disconnect with the general masses, partly because they have little to no visibile support from the country's famous stars.

And this is where Rihanna becomes important. She is a global superstar. Her support, however small, is a breathe of life into this propaganda driven atmosphere surrounding the issue. (And it is not easy. She is a queen for this.) 

And that is why she has been getting attacked since yesterday with horrendous tweets by government puppets like this woman. Kangana ranaut is if plague were a person . (Google her.) 

The amount of likes are disgusting and a large portion of them are from bot farms ( of course run by the govt's IT cell)

Twitter, the company, is also a JOKE in itself. They have a lot of "activism" to spare and be celebrated for by restricting Donald Trump's account. Meanwhile, zero energy is spent on cleaning up the shithole Indian twitter is. 

Indian twitter is like US Facebook when it comes to political propaganda and Indian facebook is well... Bobs and vagene and even more propaganda. (Fun fact- our current prime minister was all chummy with Trump!)

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-india-51622531

Over all I am sorry for the long post but it is a cluster****! We are a country with the largest population in the world right now and nobody outside seems to be aware of how much of a cluster**** we are becoming. Please read about what is happening in India like you read about China and North Korea. Whatever big events happen here is going to affect not just us but you!

Lastly.. Please help fight back the trolls/paid bots attacking Riri on twitter. Not a lot of Indian people use twitter yet whatever happens on twitter always ends up on news articles. I know not everyone here is a Navy but this is beyond fandoms. If you see troll comments report them. Not just rihanna, any woman should not be receiving comments like this.. In the goddamn year of 2021.

Thanks for reading. I am very angry right now.

Edited by naomi24
to include some more links for people who wish to read about the farmers bill
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naomi24

• sickening

• brraap

• fagsturbation

Just now, Revolution said:

I never expected decency from these fascists anyway.

I am sick of the news channels and internet in this country. My head is going to burst.:dancehall2:

Blackthorn

A very thorough and informative post, thank you! 

Why do they think the government has to be exempt from criticism? No government is perfect. 

I cant believe i wrote so much in my frustration... Whew Nobody's going to read this.... I... :chick3:

sickening

youre not a bad bitch if you havent been slut shamed a few times :alexz2:

Just now, Blackthorn said:

A very thorough and informative post, thank you! 

Why do they think the government has to be exempt from criticism? No government is perfect. 

1. Brainwashing goes a LONG LONG way.

2. It is a cultural thing in India to "respect elders" which translates to "respect whoever is above you" --> good i.e  "respect authority" ---> good/ "question authority"---> bad.

3. Indians are stupidly patriotic. National anthem and respect for the national symbols, the national heroes of the struggle for independence, the National flag and the army are DRILLED into our brains as kids. In fact, a chief way the govt tried to turn the public opinion against the farmers protest was by viral circulations of pictures of a farmer replacing the national flag on a flagpole by a saffron cloth of the farmer union on the Indian republic day (26 jan)

4. India's creation is synonymous with its partition from Pakistan ( a muslim state). Much of the Indian nationalist movement derives from Indians' hatred for Pakistan which easily crosses to blatand Islamophobia against Indian muslims.

3 minutes ago, sickening said:

:alexz2:

But i wish i were blind and i couldnt read Hindi because some comments are too much :chick3:

ninasayers

thank you for writing all this! it's truly informative. I'm really sorry y'all are going through all this rn, this really has to stop and the crazy thing is that i had no idea about any of this until rih posted that tweet, which is worrying af. Again, thank u for writing all this, I'll make sure to keep informing myself on the matter.

sickening
4 minutes ago, Mania said:

They would've probably agreed to this colorist statement, so anyway....

https://twitter.com/girlyouliked/status/1303169821786296323?s=20

what the ****? :biblio: he really thought he had a cute little punchline there- 

why are people so bothered by dark skinned women getting attention?

Edited by sickening
1 minute ago, Mania said:

They would've probably agreed to this colorist statement, so anyway....

https://twitter.com/girlyouliked/status/1303169821786296323?s=20

I have legit seen more Brown people be colorist towards black people than white people. :coffee: 

Bollywood celebrities are spineless trash anyways (including Ms. Priyanka Jonas ). NEVER idolise a bollywood celebrity if you dont want to look like a clown.

NeverSincerely
8 minutes ago, naomi24 said:

I cant believe i wrote so much in my frustration... Whew Nobody's going to read this.... I... :chick3:

No, it was good read. Thank you for taking the time to explain, I had no idea this was going on. It's really sad, I hope that more attention can be brought to these issues.

5 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

thank you for writing all this! it's truly informative. I'm really sorry y'all are going through all this rn, this really has to stop and the crazy thing is that i had no idea about any of this until rih posted that tweet, which is worrying af. Again, thank u for writing all this, I'll make sure to keep informing myself on the matter.

Thank you for reading! 

India is a very complicated nation with complicated politics and grey logic. Many people think that "you should let us solve our own problems", " let outsiders be outsiders"...but its high time the global community steps in and atleast state an opinion!! Let us open our eyes to our flaws. Otherwise it is just us in this endless toxic, corrupt and borderline fascist system where nothing REALLY changes.

thanks for that detailed post. this all seems truly awful and it is not something that can change quickly since it's part of the culture. i'm so sorry OP. :(

One Rude Boy

Thank you for the informative post! I hope things get better over where you are, it sounds like an awful situation

99sandthe2000s
35 minutes ago, sickening said:

OK even the most innocent of celebs have been dragged by internet losers and trolls.

As if shaking a lil ass makes you less of role model or should stop you from speaking out. 

tenor.gif 

CristianGarcia

Rihanna can do no wrong. There’s a few ppl that are upset but a majority are happy She spoke about the issues tbh

52 minutes ago, naomi24 said:

Bollywood celebrities are spineless trash anyways (including Ms. Priyanka Jonas ). NEVER idolise a bollywood celebrity if you dont want to look like a clown.

I don't understand people like Ranveer Singh, arguably the most famous Punjabi actor coming out in support of PM Modi when he does not like Sikh people? Also, since you probably see this all first hand, have the big muslim actors like Amir, Sharukh and Salmaan Khan disagreed with his actions? Or have they stayed mute? Either way there's a big propaganda machine going on and Bollywood does not understand just how influential it is to the Indian people, if these actors really wanted to they could rally with the left and speak out against their govmt's disgusting acts

Modi uses Priyanka like a puppet and she's happy to oblige for a little bit of clout (doubt she has much up there anyways). He seems to rely on having good relations with bollywood celebs to push this agenda that he's cool and 'hip' and that his policies/bigotry isn't completely outdated. The India/Pakistan rivarly has been going on for a while, since partition in 1947, but whilst they have a new, less problematic and more liberal PM with Imran Khan, India has elected a guy who is the complete opposite. Scary when you take into account how much nukes both have :toofunny2:

Edited by brraap

Also Kangana does not seem like a very nice person, there's articles about reporters trying to boycott her unless she apologises.

Right wing role model! :clap:

190711-kangana_16be13ecd84_large.jpg

Edited by brraap
sickening
31 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

OK even the most innocent of celebs have been dragged by internet losers and trolls.

As if shaking a lil ass makes you less of role model or should stop you from speaking out. 

tenor.gif 

ATRL user 99sandthe2000s sevres the correct point again!

sickening
6 minutes ago, Cool said:

Twitter here is the pits. It's mostly conservative SJWs instead of liberals :skull: 

say it louder :angry: 

and they complain theyre getting kicked off the platform- while saying it on the platform

Digitalism

Thank you for writing this 

I'm glad Rih is using her platform for something like this that will only harm her image in india and not just to get personal benefit like other singers